devolution

Author Topic: Removing random-generic girls  (Read 11020 times)

Offline Midnight_Amratha

Re: Removing random-generic girls
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »
one simple but timeconsuming way around getting so many repeats of random girls are of course increasing the pool of different random girls available.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
I find increasing them to be my preference. There's no shortage on here to do so, and it leaves you with a wide variety of girls. Aliens and obvious non-humans make good catacomb randoms, i.e. demon/succubus, darth talon, catgirls, slimes, elves, etc. and I plan to make either all the dragon quest or queen's blade girls into human randoms. There's also a lot of good random packs on here as well. My next pack was going to be DQ randoms, including girls not offered on here yet and unique girlsx files for the non DQ randoms from the game...but a recent pc problem has put that on hold.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Jojose

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
Actually, I messed around and found a way to eliminate ALL random girls in the slave shop

- delete RandomAddon1.rgirlsx + RandomGirls.rgirlsx + GirlsAddon1.girlsx

It Does the trick without creating any bugs

HOWEVER, this does not increase the rate of girls *nonrandom* showing up, meaning instead of 10 girls and 9 being random, you get 1 nonrandom girl instead, which, in my opinion, doesn't do much help...

but here it is nonetheless...

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »
Jojose, that way has been tried before, but as DocClox and chronos stated in previous posts, removing randoms as the game is currently will cause problems, namely crashes. Once you run out of uniques, catacombs, kidnapping, walk around, slaves, reward slaves, will all call on randoms. They can all call on randoms before you run out of uniques which will cause problems.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:34 PM »
well one solution would be for some one to locate the section of code that the (re)generation of slaves happens, and figure out how to alter it so that it will only allow for one girl of each type to be produced, then a standard random girl model could be created, for those who don't like them and then people could just mass produce randoms by scouring existing random girls for pictures. thus you could have as many girls as you want and reduce the frequency of duplicate randoms.
personally I like having multiple random girls of one type (depending on the random), especially if they have a lot of pics.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »
Haha, in simple terms, he's fine with it, (unless I misread,) but with an assload of work you can bring it down to nothing. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to say you're screwed so technically but I love the way he did.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:59:58 PM by Mak »