devolution

Poll

Should we balance out Girls in Active Girls List? *Each user can vote twice!

Yes, stats buildup makes gameplay more intersting and maxed out girls from day one ruin it.
128 (44.6%)
No, girls should have all traits that describe them enabled from the start, even if they enter the game with all stats/skills in high 100s.
31 (10.8%)
^If Yes, We remove as many traits as possible and set higher starting stats/skills, allowing users to develop traits through gameplay and items.
25 (8.7%)
^If Yes, We add as many traits (before they ruin stats/skills) that describe girls as possible but set stats/skills to very low values allowing traits to push them higher.
79 (27.5%)
Do not change anything at all, just upload the packs with the original .girlsx files.
24 (8.4%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Restoration of "Active Girls List" *Last Update: 11/02/13  (Read 93053 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: Restoration of "Active Girls List"
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »
On a somewhat related note, it would be nice if the traits had more unique effects instead of just directly effecting stats.  As is with most traits just effecting stats, that means that if a girl has been trained up for a long time or has equipment and has 100 in most things, being Cute/Big Boobs/Lolita etc has no impact on her performance. Obviously that would require a lot of coding and is only tangentially related to the AGL but I just wanted to throw that out there.

I forgot to say this, but the traits do have additional unique effects in most jobs that the developers finished. They just happen under the hood, so you won't notice it during regular play. Incorporeal obviously has all those game-breaking effects where she doesn't get tired and doesn't get damaged. Quick Learner adds bonus experience to every action and Slow Learner reduces it. Here's what you get with the security job:
Code: [Select]
if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Psychic"))  // I sense danger
        SecLev += 10;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Fleet of Foot"))  // Moves around quickly
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Charming"))  // Gets more cooperation
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Cool Person"))  // Gets more cooperation redux
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Adventurer"))  // Has experience
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Aggressive"))  // Rawr! I kill you now!
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Sadistic"))  // I kill you slowly with this dull knife!
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Merciless"))  // Your cries for clemency amuse me
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Fearless"))  // Chhhhaaaarrrrrggggeeeeee!!
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Iron Will"))  // Hold the line!
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Construct") || g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Not Human"))  // Scary
        SecLev += 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Demon"))  // Even scarier
        SecLev += 10;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Incorporeal"))  // I'm fucking Superman!
        SecLev += 20;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Strange Eyes"))  // I'm watching you
        SecLev += 2;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Assassin"))  // I was born for this job. I know how you think.
        SecLev += 50;    // Is 50 too high? Assassin is a relatively rare trait, and there's no way to gain it
                         // (That I'm aware of) so it trades off(?)
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Lolita"))  // Hi there kiddo.  Lost your mommy?  OHMYGOD! She has two Swords of Forever!
        SecLev += 5;

// Bad traits
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Nerd"))  // Gets no respect
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Tsundere"))  // Puts people off
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Twisted"))  // Wierd ideas about security rarely work
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Broken Will"))  // I'm too tired to patrol
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Nymphomaniac"))  // Wait! The security officer is a nymphomaniac in a brothel?
        SecLev -= 20;      // This hurts people like me who use the automation functions.
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Meek"))  // Wait... bad person... come back
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Clumsy"))  // "Stop thief!" ..... "Ahhhhh! I fell again!"
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Dependant"))  // I can't do this alone
        SecLev -= 5;
    if (g_Girls.HasTrait(girl, "Mind Fucked"))  // duurrrrrr..... secu.... sec... what?
        SecLev -= 50;                           // (Mind fucked can be cured btw.)

Also traits add to fetishes, which are virtually required to get customers when working as a whore. You may notice when you start out that if you buy a girl from the market with a lot of fetishes, she is much better as a whore than a girl who only has 1. This is the main reason why giving a girl way too many traits is problematic, but I'm ok with that as long as the girl actually possesses all of the traits. Probably what should be done there is forcing girls with a lot of traits to not appear in the slave market so they're more difficult to get. I didn't think about that, so thanks for bringing this kind of thing up!

Another balance "issue" is when you explore the catacombs. The game uses the stats of the girls you have in the catacombs - any unique catacomb girls, monster girls, bunny girls, etc. So when you set yourself to explore the catacombs, your girls' combat stats are matched up against the stats of the random/unique girls. If everybody in your .rgirlsx and uniques have 100 combat, you can't even set foot in the catacombs until your girl has 100 in a combat stat, and likewise if they all have 0 combat, you never lose with as little as 50 combat or magic. This is the main factor with success there, so moving every girl to 20 max in combat stats will make it so a girl only needs something like 60-70 in combat to beat everything, and then you can easily farm the catacombs.

So, say you have all random girls with 20 combat/magic in the catacombs, and you have no problems beating everything with your 50 combat girl. Then suddenly out of nowhere she gets raped after losing. It turns out, let's say Horo has 100 combat and she's set in the catacombs. Then Horo is the one raping your girl every time she loses.

Anyway most of the stuff you're suggesting would probably work quite well, Xela, and I trust your judgment on the matter because I see you're absolutely thinking this through.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »
Anyway most of the stuff you're suggesting would probably work quite well, Xela, and I trust your judgment on the matter because I see you're absolutely thinking this through.

Tnx, I'll start tomorrow. Since I have two games to consider it'll go slow but I'll try to get it done in under a month :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
*Poll Added - Restoration of "Active Girls List"
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
@ The Future

I finally see what you meant... A girl who is given traits that increase looks that stack on one another gets absolutely insane bonuses... I set BOTH "Beauty" AND "Charisma" to 0!!!! and a girl gets "Looks" in high 60s JUST from traits (And not all traits that increase looks were used)... I am not sure how to make "balanced" girl packs now... I did not use any of the traits I wouldn't use to describe the Girl as she is in the Anime, I'll start a poll to figure out what people prefer...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:20:23 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: *Poll Added - Restoration of "Active Girls List"
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »
Haha, no sweat. I think the only important thing here is to revive the girl list so there is a central hub for girl packs to use for the official game.

Really, some girls in anime should be a whole lot better at being a "whore" out of the box than others. I see you have a Bleach avatar, so that's an easy example. Rangiku is a borderline nympho who is well-suited to this kind of thing, body and personality-wise. Rukia...not so much. I don't want to see Rukia balanced to be on par with Rangiku at whoring at first. So having Rangiku start out way easier than Rukia is not a problem in my eyes.

While it's definitely a plus to rebalance the girl packs, do keep in mind that it's still extremely easy to max out most stats or just find items in the game to add sexual stats enough that it isn't worth stressing yourself too much over girl starting stats. I mean, I think the default game comes with Polish, Amulet of the Sex Elemental, Perfection, etc., - balancing the game is a huge effort and is probably way beyond the scope of reviving the girl packs. We can address actual gameplay balance in due time and update the girl packs later on.

And besides that, ..... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU maybe I'll make a separate post on a related subject later.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
Haha, no sweat. I think the only important thing here is to revive the girl list so there is a central hub for girl packs to use for the official game.

Really, some girls in anime should be a whole lot better at being a "whore" out of the box than others. I see you have a Bleach avatar, so that's an easy example. Rangiku is a borderline nympho who is well-suited to this kind of thing, body and personality-wise. Rukia...not so much. I don't want to see Rukia balanced to be on par with Rangiku at whoring at first. So having Rangiku start out way easier than Rukia is not a problem in my eyes.

While it's definitely a plus to rebalance the girl packs, do keep in mind that it's still extremely easy to max out most stats or just find items in the game to add sexual stats enough that it isn't worth stressing yourself too much over girl starting stats. I mean, I think the default game comes with Polish, Amulet of the Sex Elemental, Perfection, etc., - balancing the game is a huge effort and is probably way beyond the scope of reviving the girl packs. We can address actual gameplay balance in due time and update the girl packs later on.

And besides that, ..... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU maybe I'll make a separate post on a related subject later.

Yeah, but if we keep the stats down, girls personalities will only be more apparent in the beginning. I am not trying to level all girls, I am trying to prevent girls from having insanely high stats right of the bat. And I still disagree that it's easy to level up :) especially if you have a lot of girls :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Shilo

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »
Oh, a last tip for duplicates - when they aren't obvious, one trick to help weed them out is this: In windows at least, switch your folder view to alt button->View->Details. Now click the "size" header so that all the pictures are arranged by filesize. Open up a pic so you're in the windows picture viewer thing and very quickly cycle through them. Duplicates often have the same file size, so you can easily locate a lot of them this way if you're willing to put the time into it.

An even more efficient way: use DupDetector.

You can specify how similar in percent two pictures may be to be considered a duplicate. 95% or higher are recommended.
The program even finds duplicates if they have different resolutions by scaling one of the images to the size of the other's and comparing the pixel color values then.

Personally I would appreciate it if the girl pictures would be rather chosen by quality rather than quantity. In many of the user packs I downloaded recently were some pictures that just seemed way off in terms of quality from the rest of the pack. It kinda breaks the immersion of the game if you see a high quality photoshopped picture and on the next click a low resolution scribble that looks like it was done in MS Paint.
The pictures should also more focus solely on the girl they are designed for and not have too many side characters in it, potentially even some that exist as separate girl as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:38:01 PM by Shilo »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »
personally, I usually will not whore any girl with less then 4 fetishes. I will not buy a girl from the market unless she has more then 3 fetishes (or I really like her pics, or I need some one to clean). unless I need them for a job or event I sell any girl (unless I like the pics) with 3 or less fetishes right off the bat. so to me what needs to change is the initial stat boost, cahnge how the customers are handed out, or reduce the reliance on having fetishes to get customers, both are on the coding side. (I use anon21's mod to reduce how many customers I girl can see to make it easier for each girl to get customers).

if this were a new project I would suggest changing how the traits work, and having more traits and fetishes. like some of the existing traits would work better if they only affected satisfaction or how many customers a girl can attract, rather then looks (like charisma. you can be ugly and be charismatic). heck I would make fetishes a catigory unreliant on traits, or have them give traits rather then traits give fetishes.

also not every person who makes a girl pack actually knows anything about the girls with in it (all I know is what turns up for the google search I do for the discription, so basicly nothing)

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »

The pictures should also more focus solely on the girl they are designed for and not have too many side characters in it, potentially even some that exist as separate girl as well.

Ah thanks, I'll try that. Gotta agree about the too many side characters unless it's intentionally a group sex pic. I crop profile pics whenever that happens.

Quote from: fires_flair
heck I would make fetishes a catigory unreliant on traits, or have them give traits rather then traits give fetishes.

Can you go into a little more detail on that?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
Croping pics for all girls is to tedious and it is clearly a preference, I for example love group pics with a lot of characters.

The idea remains to improve playability and not to change anything drastically. I often found that the more you try to "personalize" something the less others like it, that's why I want to figure out everyone's opinions before starting uploading packs.
Like what we're doing?

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 08:26:16 PM »

It's turned out to be a really great program to use, so thanks for that.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 07:17:36 AM »
 Well, I guess poll results took some basic shape. I'll start with updating packs today, trying to preserve as many traits for each of the girls that describe them while trying not to allow the girls to enter the game with overwhelming stats/skills.

Also I would like to thank Shilo for introducing us to the DupDetector. Program works very well and it should be of a great help :)

PS: Please do not expect fast results since I am working on another project as well and have to rewrite all girl files accordingly but I will try to upload packs on regular basis.

PS2: For larger packs I will upload only the 'Resized" version as I am on ADSL right now. I'll up normal versions when I get to fiber.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Dyx

Re: Restoration of "Active Girls List" *Last Update: 14/10/11
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 03:16:25 AM »
Some girls be in the list, but i can't find, when i can donload them:
  Valkyria:

Juliana Everhart Sekirei:
Kazehana
Kusano
Matsu
Musubi
Tsukiumi

Fairy Tail:
Erza Scarlet
Juvia Loxar
Levy Mcgarden
Lucy Heartfilia
Mirajane
Virgo
Wendy Marvell

Totally Spies:
Sam
Alex
Mandy
Clover

Seikai:
Lafiel Abriel

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 05:55:13 AM »
You need to use the "Search" function to find those shows or girls in Mod's threads (Althou you might have to download them with a bunch of other girls and then mess with the .girlsx files):

Totally Spies:
Lafate: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=646.0
Sekirei: + Fairy Tail: Xela: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=824.0

Valkyria: crazy: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=322.msg5987#msg5987
Juliana Everhart
Seikai: // Most likely here: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3.0
Lafiel Abriel
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:04:27 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline kaiokami

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 12:07:59 AM »
How do you download the rar file so that it loads with the game? I have no experience with this stuff lol  :)

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
you need something to unpack the game I use 7zip. there are links for these programs almost everywhere on the site, or you can googel it.