devolution

Author Topic: Preview: WM EX  (Read 36822 times)

Offline ShikinamiFan91

Re: Preview: WM EX
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 02:34:29 AM »
Nice!
Is it possible to implement girls traits level required? For example girl at max lvl have 20 traits defined in her config, but on lvl 0 she do not have any traits at all. At lvl 2 she will gain first trait from her config. It will require to add lvl req field to traits probably.  Or like it was in sim brothel. You receive action points for good sex and buy traits for these action points. Each trait shoud have price in ap is that case.

Also it would be nice to have some final objective. Like retire in 10 years and you must claim max brothels full of girls. Each girl should have rating. Sum of all girls ratings define final game score. So there will be high score challenge at least. You will need to choose girls wisely instead of recruit all. And top girls should be hard to get (low % to encounter, or catacombs high rarity lvl).

Sorry for my engilsh. Regards
No offense, but I'm of the complete opposite opinion.  One of the biggest reasons I like WM is because it's open ended and there isn't an ending.

As for getting lists for the girls, I've only got experience with one of them, but here goes:
Mari Illustrious Makinami
Traits:
Quick Learner
Strong or Strong Magic, depending on how you want to define her abilities as an Eva pilot.
Aggressive
Great Figure
Small boobs
Merciless
Iron Will
Twisted
Tough
Long Legs

I'd say these are almost a bare minimum for her character.  I considered a few others, but these are the ones that are sort of the quintessential Mari.  If you just watch the Rebuild of Evangelion (2.0), you'll see why very quickly.  I might also argue for a "cute" or "sexy air" of some sort, but I felt like the above were the ones that weren't subjective.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 04:34:39 AM »
Thanks! That's quite a lot different than the custom girlsx file I had on my system.

Btw, I have a system for boob sizes (lolz). Small boobs = nearly flat as a board (Miku), no boob trait = normal sized (Rei), big boobs = noticeable, like D cup or so (Orihime), abnormally large is Rangiku size. After that it gets into fetish sizes which arent handled atm.

To all : Please wait until you see the modified system for working with traits before you suggest new ways to handle them.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:27:10 AM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 08:24:45 AM »
Thanks! That's quite a lot different than the custom girlsx file I had on my system.

Btw, I have a system for boob sizes (lolz). Small boobs = nearly flat as a board (Miku), no boob trait = normal sized (Rei), big boobs = noticeable, like D cup or so (Orihime), abnormally large is Rangiku size. After that it gets into fetish sizes which arent handled atm.

To all : Please wait until you see the modified system for working with traits before you suggest new ways to handle them.
I suppose I define flat and small differently, so in that case Mari really shouldn't have any boob trait.  I was sort of the opinion that a "flat" character tended to be defined as loli, and I'd have defined Rei and Mari as small, with Asuka having normal sized (although much of the fiction tends to inflate Rei's size, it's pretty obvious that Asuka's breasts are supposed to be her best feature, even still I wouldn't describe them as "big").

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
I'll make a trait for average sized breasts. Mari's official art would suggest that saying she has the small boobs trait makes sense. Or average makes sense too. I'm not too fussed about it, I was just pointing out that people should take into account average size. In the game, it's not 100% beneficial to have big boobs or abnormally large, especially in combat, but it helps with anything where being sexy matters.

I was surprised to find out no one ever bothered to go make a big picture pack for Asuka. Rei has a large pack (but it's full of those huge Rei pics where she has monster tits and a giant butt, so...) and Mari has a pretty damn nice pack, but Asuka has almost nothing.

As far as eva pilots go, I'm treating it like they don't keep their eva unit. It'd be fun to implement giant robots at some point but that'll take some heavy work and I can't do it yet. Pilots who don't really fight without the robot should be considered average girls who landed in Crossgate without their robot..... for now, at least. imo.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Shilo

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
What about a feature where you can link girls with other girls as potential partners.

Take for instance Misty from Pokemon. There are many pictures where she teams up with May, which is also a separate girl in a girl pack here. Now the girlsx file could have an entry that declares that May is an official partner for Misty and has proper pictures supporting that.
When you now put Misty and May in the same house and set them both to do the same work during the same shift, there could be like a 20% chance that they decide to team up. That would mean that their special collabotary pictures are used and that they maybe gain more happiness from that shift since it's someone they know already from their universe.

One could also think about a random chance to have a male guest from their universe visit them and have dedicated pictures for that as well.
Those visits could have bad effects on the girl as well, for instance if her nemesis comes by and sees her working in a brothel.

But this would require that the normal pictures for the girls are neutral and don't show anyone else of their universe, which might make it harder to aquire such picutres, especially lesbian ones.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:52:47 PM by Shilo »

Offline sgb

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
Interesting.  Is is going to have the full moddability of the standard WM (ie we can still make our own girls and items), or is it going to be 'closed' to maintain your balance?

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »
You can still make your own girls and items. Currently existing packs are mostly compatible, it just won't be 100%. They'd lose a few traits unless I change that and of course the new pic types would default over to the old types. I'm making an effort to convert a lot of girl packs to the new pic types + clean up duplicates/resize/etc.

linking girls to other girls is relatively close to something I was thinking of, but I'm going to wait to do it later

Offline sgb

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 10:41:36 PM »
Good the hear.  Good luck to you then sir, a WM with actual difficulty and variation would be most welcome.

Have you planned anything out for gang tweaks, or are you leaving that alone?  Honestly, I don't think many of us would shed a tear if you just axed the part of the game entirely and made a pure brothel sim.  Too much trouble to fix for what is easily the weakest part of the game.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:45:18 PM by sgb »

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 03:02:23 AM »
I'll make a trait for average sized breasts. Mari's official art would suggest that saying she has the small boobs trait makes sense. Or average makes sense too. I'm not too fussed about it, I was just pointing out that people should take into account average size. In the game, it's not 100% beneficial to have big boobs or abnormally large, especially in combat, but it helps with anything where being sexy matters.

I was surprised to find out no one ever bothered to go make a big picture pack for Asuka. Rei has a large pack (but it's full of those huge Rei pics where she has monster tits and a giant butt, so...) and Mari has a pretty damn nice pack, but Asuka has almost nothing.

As far as eva pilots go, I'm treating it like they don't keep their eva unit. It'd be fun to implement giant robots at some point but that'll take some heavy work and I can't do it yet. Pilots who don't really fight without the robot should be considered average girls who landed in Crossgate without their robot..... for now, at least. imo.
The piloting of an Eva is a physically demanding job, and requires its own strength of spirit, which is why I implied that they ought to have either the "Strong" or "Strong Magic" traits.  I have an awesome amount of pictures for Asuka (she's my favorite if that weren't obvious) but they're not at all organized for WM (on the contrary, I'm heading the development of Asuka as a slave for Slave Maker, and therefore they're organized for SM instead), but if I knew what categories you wanted, it'd be a task of drawing the pictures from where they are and renaming.  Not too bad.

Good the hear.  Good luck to you then sir, a WM with actual difficulty and variation would be most welcome.

Have you planned anything out for gang tweaks, or are you leaving that alone?  Honestly, I don't think many of us would shed a tear if you just axed the part of the game entirely and made a pure brothel sim.  Too much trouble to fix for what is easily the weakest part of the game.

I'd love to see the gang side of things get tweaked, but I'd rather it not be axed completely.  It's a whole other dynamic that if done correctly would be a phenomenal addition, but simply hasn't been exploited to it's potential.  I think it would actually be a pretty bad loss to get rid of it completely, despite its current flaws, just because it does add a distinct flavor (and subsequently competition) to the game.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:07:38 AM by ShikinamiFan91 »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 04:30:32 AM »
Most of the automated functions are being phased out so you'll have to use your girls to do them.

Making a unique trait called "Eva Pilot" and having it add to spirit and other stats + acting a bit like the Tough trait is definitely possible on the first release or 2nd. The first release is meant to be a "hey, I'm redoing what already exists" kind of thing and if I make any releases beyond that, then those will be for actual new jobs/traits/etc, of which there are many we could add. Like Ninja/Kunoichi vs Assassin, a lot of girls don't fit as assassins but do fit as a ninja (fight oriented) or kunoichi (sex related in real life, not so much in anime). Or soldiers. or you get the idea.

Offline XxSkyexX

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 04:44:37 AM »
Cool, I like the idea! When they reach... I dunno 18-21 there are no new pics to show right? Cuz it'd be bad to see some... old... *Shiver*

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 05:32:13 AM »
18-21 is old?

Don't worry, I found a stash of menopause pics for every girl.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 02:35:10 PM »
Preview of the revised customer system:

Customers don't just show up to have sex anymore. They'll semi-randomly pick any one of your available services and they only want that service. There are other parts of this that I won't go into for now.

Just in case you got the wrong idea about the focus of WMEX, it makes the game focus less on whores whores whores and more on making your business work. Girls who aren't suited to be a whore right out of the box are still useful with other jobs. And I'll say it again, WMEX is not intended to replace the official game.

The first post will have some kind of progress report. Some of those tasks in the progress report take much longer than others.

Offline Shilo

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
I don't like the system that they actually age. Can't you just have some temporal distortion in that dimension-mixing world that keeps the physically the age that they had when they arrived there (and still have the people count the days and years)?

Having a 35 years old woman that is depicted as lolita doesn't make all that much sense. ;)

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
I don't like the system that they actually age. Can't you just have some temporal distortion in that dimension-mixing world that keeps the physically the age that they had when they arrived there (and still have the people count the days and years)?

Having a 35 years old woman that is depicted as lolita doesn't make all that much sense. ;)
A lack of aging would take away from the flavor of the game, imo.  I wouldn't mind traits changing over time, but removing aging processes, especially in terms of the pregnancy and children would just hamstring the game.