devolution

Author Topic: Preview: WM EX  (Read 36820 times)

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
Re: Preview: WM EX
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
A world where girls stop aging at 20 would be fine by me...

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
A world where girls stop aging at 20 would be fine by me...
well giving some leway here, at least befor menopause. (for me) old wrinkly people look ugly naked.

Offline Geron

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 02:10:24 AM »
Isn't there an Elixer of Youth or something somewhere?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:59 AM »
The mod sounds very good. Do girls get paid the same for all services (I mean the maximum that they can earn)?
Like what we're doing?

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »
Pay to the girl will mostly stay the same per job, but your overall income will vary. The system I'm implementing isn't the same as the one that currently exists in official.

and LOL just in case, no I wasn't serious, girls don't get different pics based on age or traits in EX unless I do that in some future release. There's not going to be any functional difference between a 25 year old and 60 year old other than she gets a different number tacked onto her age. Also Lolita is already lost when a girl grows older in the official version, so a 30+ year old girl cannot have the lolita trait unless you cheated it in.

Since I already released a trait list with them in another thread, I should probably point out that EX has both the Immortal trait (no aging) and the Inhuman Lifespan trait (extremely slow aging), not to mention Construct (changed to no aging in EX).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:51:01 AM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline E.

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »
I have thought about some traits you could add to the game:

-Frigid: Does not like sex. Will prefer working as a barmaid and stuff... (Low libido, sex acts lower happiness)

-Open Minded: Will agree even if the customer has weird tastes. (She won't be
disgusted by bestiality even if her Beast stat is low, may accept to have sex even with a low obedience)

-Insatiable: Can see more customers. (10 instead of 8 for example.  Group sex can turn into an orgy... (yeah... group sex is my fetish... ))

-Lovable: (can't think of another name, help me) She's the kind of person the customer will want to meet again. (Adds more reputation to your brothel.)

-Dominant: She doesn't wait for customers, she grabs them by the hair, does them, takes their money and goes away...(Will have sex with a customer even if she doesn't suit his tastes, only someone with a death wish would try to rape her)

-Innocent: While working as a waitress or a barmaid, she has an increased chance to end up having sex with the client, earning an extra tip.

-Nature lover: She loves animals and animals love her. She can easily tame them and will eagerly fuck them too. (Beast Mistress job is less tiring)

-Seductive: Attracts more customers. (increases the effect of advertising)

-Jerk: The clients won't like her (Adds less reputation to your brothel)

-Regenerative: She regains 50% health per day. Will regrow her hymen after sex.

-Immortal: She won't die, even if she is killed.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
This new traits are quite interesting, but almost all of them related to whore job. How about some new traits for cleaner, security and so on? Something like neat/messy and vigilant/careless.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:22:25 PM by DarkTl »

Offline E.

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
Here's some more stuff:

-Maniac: The dirt must be OBLITERATED!

-Beautiful voice: Self explanatory. Increased income as waitress and singer. Increase brothel fame.

-Playful/Fun: Her happiness is contagious. Easily gains happiness. Increased income and customers attraction while working as a Game dealer or entertainer.
Help girls regain happiness faster while working as a matron.

-Medic: She knows how to keep you in a good shape. Increased customer happiness while working as a masseuse. Helps girls regain health an lower tiredness faster while working as a matron.

-Thief: She can steal some stuff from the clients, other girls, or even you if she hates you.She will keep what she steals unless she loves you or fear you. May get raped if caught (yeah...)

-Chubby: Because some ppl love them like that.

-Tanned: Because I love it.

-Fearsome: Just don't mess with her okay? (+security)

-Chibi: Don't put her on a security job, she'll only get laughed at.

-Absent minded: May forget some things, like wearing clothes, getting paid, or taking her pill. May end up in funny situations.

-Shy: She's shy. (yeah, I'm lazy...)

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
I like a lot of the traits you suggested, but a few seemed odd to me, I'll try and explain:

-Lovable: (can't think of another name, help me) She's the kind of person the customer will want to meet again. (Adds more reputation to your brothel.)
Charismatic, perhaps?

-Dominant: She doesn't wait for customers, she grabs them by the hair, does them, takes their money and goes away...(Will have sex with a customer even if she doesn't suit his tastes, only someone with a death wish would try to rape her)
Unless the girl happens to come across a submissive customer, it seems to me that this would cause the customer to leave angry.  Is that something this would reflect?

-Innocent: While working as a waitress or a barmaid, she has an increased chance to end up having sex with the client, earning an extra tip.

-Seductive: Attracts more customers. (increases the effect of advertising)

It seems to me that Innocent should be "Seductive" and Seductive should be renamed to something else.  Innocent, to me at least, implies that she would be less willing to have sex, or perhaps just less experienced in what sex is, rather than having an increased chance of having sex during a non-sexual job.

-Regenerative: She regains 50% health per day. Will regrow her hymen after sex.
In some Greek myths Hera would visit the spring of Kanathos that restored her virginity, and considering she couldn't "undo" the sexual encounters, it was simply implied that she was restoring her hymen.  Is that what you're implying here, or is there some other, less known function of the hymen that would have some impact on the game?

-Thief: She can steal some stuff from the clients, other girls, or even you if she hates you.She will keep what she steals unless she loves you or fear you. May get raped if caught (yeah...)

This one intrigues me.  Would it be possible for a thief to steal high rarity items?  If so, that'd be quite the dynamic in my current inventory scheme (which is often to stock what I may need in the future whenever I can get it).  It'd be a simple matter of looking through the girl's inventories to find the stolen goods.  Perhaps we could extrapolate on this and suggest a mini-event relating to catching/accusing the right/wrong girl and punishing her?

-Absent minded: May forget some things, like wearing clothes, getting paid, or taking her pill. May end up in funny situations.

This also intrigues me, more in trying to figure out what "funny situations" might be thought of.  Care to expand?

Offline E.

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »

It seems to me that Innocent should be "Seductive" and Seductive should be renamed to something else.  Innocent, to me at least, implies that she would be less willing to have sex, or perhaps just less experienced in what sex is, rather than having an increased chance of having sex during a non-sexual job.

By innocent, I mean that she may let a customer feel her up or be tricked into having sex. You know, like those clueless anime girls who give the MC a blowjob when told "Hey! Suck it and something will come out". That kind of stupid girl with a gorgeous body who doesn't notice all the men drooling in front of her.

In some Greek myths Hera would visit the spring of Kanathos that restored her virginity, and considering she couldn't "undo" the sexual encounters, it was simply implied that she was restoring her hymen.  Is that what you're implying here, or is there some other, less known function of the hymen that would have some impact on the game?

Regenerative is exactly what you think. She just regrows her hymen. Customers give an extra tip for virgins.

This one intrigues me.  Would it be possible for a thief to steal high rarity items?  If so, that'd be quite the dynamic in my current inventory scheme (which is often to stock what I may need in the future whenever I can get it).  It'd be a simple matter of looking through the girl's inventories to find the stolen goods.  Perhaps we could extrapolate on this and suggest a mini-event relating to catching/accusing the right/wrong girl and punishing her?

You're absolutely right.

Unless the girl happens to come across a submissive customer, it seems to me that this would cause the customer to leave angry.  Is that something this would reflect?
Not if she has the "Fearsome" trait. Shi won't let him say no. ;D  Yay reverse rape...

Charismatic, perhaps?

Well yeah, pretty much the same thing, but not in the same way.
Remilia Scarlet is charismatic. Refined, confident, with a powerful aura
Flandre Scarlet is lovable... Cute, nice, friendly... Psychopathic... (okay... wrong example)

This also intrigues me, more in trying to figure out what "funny situations" might be thought of.  Care to expand?

I'm not a good writer, and english isn't my first language so I won't expand a lot.

Something like "Oh noes, I got lost while running an errand and I ended up in the Dark Forest of the Horny Slimmy Tentacles!"

Like I said, she could also "forget" her Anti-preg potion and get pregnant.
Airheads are funny. See Run from "A-Channel" or Osaka from Azumanga.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:48:25 PM by Eiri666 »

Offline flobby

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 05:33:47 AM »
Am I the only one thinking "Chibi" + "Fearsome" would be hillarious? Customer: "I'm totally gonna stir up some troub-" *gets head chopped off by cute little girl with a ribbon and a rabid look on her face*

Anyway. Great Ideas so far but would it be possible for a girl to become something like an idol? You know, with the right traits and enough rep she would attract a heap of customers (by singing or dancing) that aren't really interested in sex (except with her of course) but leave a nice bit of extra cash.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 10:13:55 AM »
It's a healthy discussion, but let me say again that I'm not implementing suggestions for now. It will have to wait. Don't get your expectations too high.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
It's a healthy discussion, but let me say again that I'm not implementing suggestions for now. It will have to wait. Don't get your expectations too high.

Too late.  :P

I'm not a good writer, and english isn't my first language so I won't expand a lot.
Could've fooled me, you do seem to have a mastery of the English I've seen you use.

Offline E.

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
Am I the only one thinking "Chibi" + "Fearsome" would be hillarious? Customer: "I'm totally gonna stir up some troub-" *gets head chopped off by cute little girl with a ribbon and a rabid look on her face*

Flandre Scarlet? In MY brothel? It's more likely than you think!

Could've fooled me, you do seem to have a mastery of the English I've seen you use.

Thanks. I'm not that bad but there are some things that I can't put into words...
Do what you want, writing this was rather funny... But I WANT this "insatiable" trait, and I won't leave you alone until I get it! 8) 

More importantly, will you add more flavor text or will you just keep the old ones?
Waiting for a girl to get 80+ in a stat to get some funny text is a pain...
You could describe how much she sucked at a job (not that kind of sucking, you pervert!) if her stats are low, for example.

Edit: Mother of God, the message editor hates me! ???
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:14:38 PM by Eiri666 »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »
More importantly, will you add more flavor text or will you just keep the old ones?
Waiting for a girl to get 80+ in a stat to get some funny text is a pain...

EX makes getting over 80 in a sex stat more difficult with how I have it set up at the moment.

I haven't touched the sex actions or explore catacombs yet, but I kind of have to for the system I'm trying to implement. I'm mostly finished the with the customer system (FRUSTRATING SHIT!!!) and currently working on something I didn't plan to add in this version but looks like I'll have to for sanity's sake. EX isn't getting released for another week at least, probably.