Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788637 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Writers needed!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 07:39:59 PM »
Seems reasonable enough as long as I don't have to write actual logic and can just add strings.
Just a warning though: I have no experience with python, never looked into it at all.

Ok, I've fixed the Day in the market, fixed Rest, added all/most of your texts (Those are actually MUCH better in game), girls can be reassigned now even if brothel is full and interactions screen is there as well.

I sent you the SDK, forgot to add that there no compile time with python so you just launch the game after you edit/add texts and it works.

Tell me what texts you want to work on and I'll write logic for them leaving strings empty or plain. Keep in mind that since game is in early stages of development, there is nothing that cannot be done (save 3D graphics, Python would be to slow and my coding skills likely inadequate) so simple stuff like game knowing if costumer is a she (If needs to be mentioned outside of lesbian code-block where you simply control all texts) is easily doable.

Edit: Also if you're willing to write for more categories, those can be easily added. Game creates picture category as long as there is one picture called 'something 0' in the folder. So for example if there is a picture called profile 0.jpg or .png game will create that, all other files that start with profile will go there so the only thing needed for new acts are texts and making sure costumers request those (adding one word to costumer class).

Other than that traits are still not designed. Only dresses actually do something, items and brothel upgrades are useless right now. I wanted to work on interactions and girlmeets but if you would prefer to write for next day, I'll finish the logic for Costumer, Brothel and sGirl classes first.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:57:03 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:01 AM »
Sounds good!  I'll get working on the intro! 

How long do you want the intro to be?  Also, what are any relevant names, like the name of the city, or anything else that's absolutely necessary for an intro?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 01:12:30 AM »
Sounds good!  I'll get working on the intro! 

How long do you want the intro to be?  Also, what are any relevant names, like the name of the city, or anything else that's absolutely necessary for an intro?

Well, Maybe PyTFall  as a name for a city but nothing is set in stone this far. I don't know how long it has to be, shouldn't be unnecessary long, just to make it interesting for the player and explain the gameworld. If you can sneak in a decent explanation why there are girls from different universes, it would not hurt...  other than that I can't think of anything absolutely necessary right now, but if something comes up in future, it can be added later.

PS: Maybe sneak Arena to it? I want it to be a pretty interesting part of the game at some point... also think about presentation, do we present it as text or text + pictures or something else?
Like what we're doing?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 08:57:04 AM »
Okay, sounds good!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »
Okay, sounds good!

Cool, take your time, we are not in any hurry. I'll continue to advance the code while you guys stuff it with content each at their own pace, it will be a couple of month at least before a decent Alpha can be released.

In February another writer might join us, he did some good work on SlaveMaker in the past.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Some more kinda advertisement pics and a couple of armor icons lists. To find more specific pics for advertisement I'm going to look through all game-related galleries on e-hentai, and that will take some time.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
Some more kinda advertisement pics and a couple of armor icons lists. To find more specific pics for advertisement I'm going to look through all game-related galleries on e-hentai, and that will take some time.

I caught a flu so I may be a bit slow today because of a splitting headache but I cannot see how that would work for advertising?

One of the pictures would be awesome for a happiness/health/fatigue favorable event in a bar. Armor pics are great, with just a few items planned this might be an overkill already, but if you find more, especially bigger pictures post those here pls.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »
Well, you asked for a "lord entering building". Let's pretend there is a lord, and we are looking via his eyes  :D

I wounder if cheerleader pictures can be used for advertising too. There're a lot of them everywhere.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
Well, you asked for a "lord entering building". Let's pretend there is a lord, and we are looking via his eyes  :D

I wounder if cheerleader pictures can be used for advertising too. There're a lot of them everywhere.

LoL

One of the games endings... I cannot remember which one, there was an awesome pic of some rich guy entering or exiting the building that would work, maybe it will come to me later. Gotta have been one of the Sims (SM, HHS, SB)

Edit: Otherwise we can simply use some random pics of a couple well dresses snubs.

Edit 2: Codewise:

Ranks are ready and should work (Not tested yet). This is only for prostitute types (Whores and Strippers), Warrior types will not need this.
Will be used HEAVILY in game events and Next Day functions, used in costumer generation and Game Endings. In order to rank up girl will need an amount of Refinement, Experience and upgrading can cost a GOOD deal of money. System should work but since there is no logic on Next day and no events depending on it, it's pretty useless right now. Upgrading raises the cap of refinement by 15, other bonuses later. After I am done with magic spells I'll create first prototypes of methods for calculating girls price, upkeep and wages.

Code: [Select]
            self.wranks = dict(
                r1 = dict(id = 1, name = 'Rank 1: Kirimise (Almost beggar)', price = 0),
                r2 = dict(id = 2, name = "Rank 2: Heya-Mochi (Low-class prostitute)", price = 100, ref = 30, exp = 1000),
                r3 = dict(id = 3, name = "Rank 3: Zashiki-Mochi (Middle-class Prostitute)", price = 400, ref = 45, exp = 2500),
                r4 = dict(id = 4, name = "Rank 4: Tsuke-Mawashi (Courtesan)", price = 1000, ref = 60, exp = 5000),
                r5 = dict(id = 5, name = "Rank 5: Chûsan (Famous)", price = 2000, ref = 75, exp = 10000),
                r6 = dict(id = 6, name = "Rank 6: Yobidashi (High-Class Courtesan)", price = 5000, ref = 90, exp = 20000),
                r7 = dict(id = 7, name = "Rank 7: Koshi (Nation famous)", price = 10000, ref = 100, exp = 40000),
                r8 = dict(id = 8, name =  "Rank 8: Tayu (Legendary)", price = 30000, ref = 130, exp = 100000)
                )

Option of the main screen:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:02:47 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 11:51:20 AM »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »
1 advertising and some armor from various games.

Maybe, looks good!

Ok, magic/attacks bridge is built, not very pretty codewise (I don't want to bother with making code look nice at this point) but it will work flawlessly.

Code: [Select]
    <girl
        id="Hinata"
        folder="naruto"
        name="Hinata Hyuuga"
        desc="Kunoichi from Naruto series"
        charisma="30"
        refinement="14"
        libido="30"
        constitution="30"
        exp="0"
        joy="30"
        character="25"
        reputation="0"
        health="100"

attack = '16'
        magic = '10'
        defence = '17'
        agility = '15'
        mp = '20'

anal="0"
        normalsex="3"
        blowjob="1"
        lesbian="0"

occupation="prostitute"
        location="slavemarket"
        status="slave">

<bskill name = "FistAttack"/>
        <mskill name = "Water 1"/>
        <trait name="meek" />
    </girl>

Skills for battle available now are FistAttack, KnifeAttack, ClawAttack, SwordAttack (just two soundbites for 4 of these, need to add 1 for each at some point) and magic Fire, Water and Earth 1,2 levels each. Maybe we can create a shop to buy magic or have it taught in schools later.

I think this is it for today, damn headache is killing me...

I'll resume working on this in a couple of days, after New Years, but will be logging in to check on forum and kill damn spambots.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:20:21 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
I played around some more and have begun manipulating the scripts a bit, haven't added anything new yet, but changed a few things.
While I was testing those changes, I found a minor thing: the advertisement you only have to pay for once (the sign) is still clickable after you bought it. As long as you don't implement a feature where customers, that you couldn't serve, have a negative impact on your brothel I don't see any reason to still have the button pressable.

A thing I also did was reducing the text size in the girlprofile screen - it is more comfortable (to me at least) to see most of the stats without scrolling in the window.
I also changed the order in which the stats are listed a bit. (I put Health and Fatigue at the top of the list because those are probably going to be the most variable ones.)

I am not sure how you want to handle implementing changes from me into your versions so I am just going to link you my modified files in a PM.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
I played around some more and have begun manipulating the scripts a bit, haven't added anything new yet, but changed a few things.
While I was testing those changes, I found a minor thing: the advertisement you only have to pay for once (the sign) is still clickable after you bought it. As long as you don't implement a feature where customers, that you couldn't serve, have a negative impact on your brothel I don't see any reason to still have the button pressable.

Ok, that will have to be fixed, either locked on or removed the second it is enabled.

A thing I also did was reducing the text size in the girlprofile screen - it is more comfortable (to me at least) to see most of the stats without scrolling in the window.
I also changed the order in which the stats are listed a bit. (I put Health and Fatigue at the top of the list because those are probably going to be the most variable ones.)

At this point I am just throwing stuff on the screen in random order just to make sure it's all displaying correctly :)

Project will be two month old soon, in the beginning screen looked like this:

In any case, as stats and girl's info pile up on us, small buttons can be added to the top of viewport to display only battlestats, sex stats and so on.

Here you can find all the stuff you can do with texts:
http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/text.html#general-text-tags

I am not sure how you want to handle implementing changes from me into your versions so I am just going to link you my modified files in a PM.

Either that or you get a dropbox account and we just add all changes to a version in a shared folder. If you decide to go with dropbox, use this link:

http://db.tt/n73tZzn9

We'll both get extra 500mb for free :)

Edit: I've added your changes to the game and sent you back new version with mine and your updates. I've also realigned hboxes on girl profile screen cause last time I didn't do it properly and changing textsize forced hboxes to loose alignment. Small text looks a lot better by the way.

I'll try to get some sleep...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:02:48 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Re: PyTFall Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2013, 07:02:32 AM »
Some cloth icons.

About girls packs, could you be more specific with images categories and their names?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: PyTFall Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
Some cloth icons.

About girls packs, could you be more specific with images categories and their names?

Ok,

Goal of girlpacks required now is to use them in tests of girlmeetintown system I'll be working on soon, what that system is like I've explained somewhere before (I think). New categories of pictures I would like to see for now are:

profilehappy
profileangry
profileneural

even if there is only one pic for each. If none are found girl will use simple profile category.

Rest of the categories you can just check in the last preAlpha release.

About how they work:

Game will automatically create a category once a picture called "______ 0" is found in folder so for example profile 0.jpg (jpeg or png) will create a profile category. All other pictures starting with "profile" as the first word will end up in that category (for example profile 1.jpg, profile (1).jpg, profile Qra313IoP465.jpg will also end up in profile category). profilehappy on the other hand will not and profilehappy 0.jpg or profile1 0.jpg will create a new category.

battle_pics are not necessary at this point, neither are quest pics but throw those in if you find them.

I'll attach last version of data.xml file (location needs to be "city"), if you feel like it, pick at least one girl with a LOT of pics (from large profile Anime like Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, One Piece etc.) and see if you can find profile emotions pictures where background can be removed for a nice transparent .png but that is in no way a must! In data.xml:

id = "Tifa" Unique ID of a girl ONLY to be used in Code! Must be the same as folder where her pictures reside AND MUST BE ONE WORD. So if you want to throw a familyname in there, use Tifa_Lockhart as an id.

folder = ffvii Folder of series. data.xml for the entire series is placed there. Same rule as above, must be one word so use something like ffvii or Final_Fantasy_VII for folders as well.

name = Tifa Lockhart Will be used in game to display to player, no rules here.

Rest of the file doesn't need explaining.

You can just use pictures from WM packs. 

I'll resume working on the game in a couple of days myself.

EDIT:
Last thing, if you don't feel like making a bunch of packs, create one, I figured while writing this whole thing that it would prolly be easier to make one girl and clone her 20 times using code :) It should be doable, I haven't tried but I see no reason for it not to work.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:36:42 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?