devolution

Author Topic: A starter group  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Command

A starter group
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »
I thought of why not there be some remaining members of the characte's father's syndiate that are still loyal.

It would help the player start off the game and get an easier feel.

The starter groups could be fairly pathetic in skills and abilites but it's hard to loose their loyalty.

It can be various girls or a gang.  You could even include a tutorial area where you have the character's Dad's second in command give you a brief over view on how to work the game.  Followed by him dieing by an assassin.

I apparently discovered that in medival times it was farily common for the nobel class to actually run their own crime syndicates from their own chastles.  And several criminals used sanctuary after they get a life sanctuary they are then free to lie wait at day then by night they pillaged and plundered and escaped back into the sanctuary by morning.

Also did you know that in the medival ages the only requirement to being a night was that you had to be violent.  Thus the criminals could escape prosicution and get a full pardon by becomming a knight.  You could have the option of hiring expensive and highly effective killing mashines like those knights.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
Re: A starter group
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
I kimda like the idea of some sort of tutorial and maybe a single girl earned from the tutorial (maybe the second in command pet that for some odd reason becomes yours after his death)
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:21:25 PM »
I've no particular objection. We'd need a bit more scripting capability before we could do it well, but the basic idea sounds ok.

Wouldn't be for a while though.

Offline Command

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »
Ya that brief history also made me think about two optional missions.  Ransaking the narest Abbey and successfully taking over a Keep.

Offline letmein

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 04:13:46 PM »
What?  That has literally nothing to do with anything in the game currently, mate...

But anyhow, as for a tutorial, I'm not sure one is necessary.  As the game stands now, it's pretty intuitive - granted, that may change in the future.  If it does, though, I think we could get by with a .pdf written tutorial instead of something in-game, and save the time, effort, and bugs programming one would create.

I do kind of agree that starting with a handful of girls and a gang would be appropriate, both to the setting and the mechanics.  The gang especially if the talked-about changes to that part of the game ever come into effect, since recruiting decent talent will become difficult.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
The idea was some rivals in the crime world could be members of the nobles in the chastles.  Thus they would be the hardest to defeat since they have an amount of Government funding.  Thus you would need to be pretty clever to defeat that group.

The rivals in the sanctuary area would need to be defeated by using cloak and dagger.

I also know I just went off topic but I didn't want to copy the same info in another topic as well.