PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

<--Archived--> (Feats concept)

<< < (3/3)

rudistoned:
Well, not exactly. Feats should represent abilities that can be learned. In the optimal case they are quite unique to a certain occupation, religious or magical tradition, but there have always been pretty general feats. Though (being trained in resilience and endurance from an early age) is an example of a very general trait that many characters could have. Well, maybe not in this game, but I think you get my point.

DarkTl:
Well, the thing is that most of traits could be acquired or lost permanently via items, events, schools and jobs. I mean all non-appearance traits.

rudistoned:
Yes, that's true. So, what are you saying? Do you mean it's a problem that many current traits fit the description I gave for feats?
Well, I suppose that is a problem to some extent because feats will probably not be implemented in XML. They are meant to be able to do more than modifying stats and skills, similar to advantages (see the traits concept thread for what I mean by advantages). If many of them could be implemented in XML, it would be a waste not to do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version