PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

<--Archived--> (Feats concept)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Xela:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 23, 2013, 05:33:12 AM ---Just to be clear:
I'm not proposing we adopt D&Ds feats, I am proposing we adopt the concept of feats from D&D.

So, currently traits are used to represent any of the following in the game:

Magic talent -> an ability the character was born with and could not learn

Virgin -> an attribute the character was born with and could not learn

Long hair -> an attribute the character aquired without effort

Big boobs -> an attribute the character was either born with or aquired through surgery (if the techlevel/availability of magic in pytfall allows that)

Scars -> an attribute the character aquired after birth

Courtly demeanor -> an ability the character learned through training

Fighter -> a profession  the character learned through training

Lesbian -> a sexual orientation

Caught a Cold -> a disease temporarily affecting the character

I think it would be easier to talk about game concepts if traits were not used to describe almost everything.

--- End quote ---

Caught a cold will be turned into effect, that's not even up for debate... Otherwise, Dark is working on Items/Traits, we should hear his thoughts on changing this first.

rudistoned:
Of course. I'm not doing anything, I'm just talking. And I'll take this stuff over into the traits concept thread were it belongs.

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: rudistoned on June 23, 2013, 05:33:12 AM ---I'm not proposing we adopt D&Ds feats, I am proposing we adopt the concept of feats from D&D.

--- End quote ---
But feats are narrowly focused in d&d compared to our traits.

rudistoned:
Yes, they are, that's my point. I would like feats to be a well-defined concept, not a catch-all category. The concept of feats becomes more valuable to us if it carries meaning.

DarkTl:
Ok, so traits have to describe the character in general, and feats have to reflect more unique features and abilities.
Like Not Human for all not humans, and, for example, darkvision for elves only, flight for fairies only, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version