Author Topic: Arena Concept  (Read 46559 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Arena Concept
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »
My guess would be that a any character placed behind the left cage would very obviously be behind it and would never be mistaken as being in it... Right cage might not have the same problem.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »
I don't think i catch your drift about the behind the cage? You want a seperate render of the cage.... without door? and a lose render of the door to put in front of the girl? renpy can do that easily...

The ogre in the left cage is inside the cage... in animation i wanted to have it put it second hand on the bars... and make the cage shake a bit. maybe 5-6 frames. 1 orginal, 1 to add the hand, maybe move the left leg for rocking, then tilt cage left a bit, 1 tilt left more... return to tilt left a bit, return to 2 hands on cage.. tilt to right a bit... tilt to right more... tilt to right a bit... to hands on cage... 1 hand on cage... loop.

The dog i just want to move a bit about.. because it isn't really visible...so changing shadows and stuff.
It will take a while to render.. because unbiased (reallife like) renders need everything in the scene to get the same shadows.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »
I don't think i catch your drift about the behind the cage? You want a seperate render of the cage.... without door? and a lose render of the door to put in front of the girl? renpy can do that easily...

Loose, scalable render of the door + cage without a door render is the only way I see that would make sense (to me). While I've figured out Python to a very advanced degree (point where I understand every video and every book written about it), I am still a bit weak on the graphics in general :( So if there is a way to get it done without separate renders, tell me how and I'll figure the rest out.

The ogre in the left cage is inside the cage... in animation i wanted to have it put it second hand on the bars... and make the cage shake a bit. maybe 5-6 frames. 1 orginal, 1 to add the hand, maybe move the left leg for rocking, then tilt cage left a bit, 1 tilt left more... return to tilt left a bit, return to 2 hands on cage.. tilt to right a bit... tilt to right more... tilt to right a bit... to hands on cage... 1 hand on cage... loop.

The dog i just want to move a bit about.. because it isn't really visible...so changing shadows and stuff.
It will take a while to render.. because unbiased (reallife like) renders need everything in the scene to get the same shadows.

We have plenty of time :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 05:07:30 PM »
k when the current scene is done rendering.. it's now at 390 px (need a better vidcard to speed it up) and when it reaches 1000px i'lll check if it's good enough to use... so that we set all these bg's / anims at 1000 px.

After that i'll put the left cage in front and hide the door. And render that to 1000px.
Then the door.

After that will start on the animation of the figures in the cages.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
K frame 1 (default frame) done.

Dunno about animation in python... but you're using renpy.. it can animate rather easily on a different layer.

Included frame 1. With the cage i'll include the renpy script I would use to animate it. You can easily leave python do the animation and continue with python in renpy.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
K frame 1 (default frame) done.

Dunno about animation in python... but you're using renpy.. it can animate rather easily on a different layer.

Included frame 1. With the cage i'll include the renpy script I would use to animate it. You can easily leave python do the animation and continue with python in renpy.

Just the images will be enough, we have auto-animation + defining system in PyTFall using a function and UDD that should do the trick.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:31:13 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
K here's the cell. I added an underground that's with the cell. If you don't want it.. i'll rend it again without.

It's four images... cell with door closed. cell without door. cell with door open. cell door.

Can't included it in the post, because of the size and transparency will be lost when converting to jpg.

So uploaded it to a site of mine.
http://www.iedereenkanlerenduiken.nl/Pyt_cage.zip

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »
.... .. . ... . .... Wow... If I had time, I'd totally be grabbing that software :)

Thanks! I am going to get some sleep now (maybe) :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2013, 06:20:19 PM »
Render the cage without the base and edited the images, so only the cage is in the picture.

http://www.iedereenkanlerenduiken.nl/pyt_cage_nobase.zip

Starting the figures animation till I go to bed.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
The program's and 3d sets are a real cost post, so would not suggest it.
Also it has a learning curve... i luckily a person that can advise me in the right direction sometimes.

Included is a dark forest cleaning... not useable for combat i think, maybe for a quest.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:21:46 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »
After the visitors went home, I still took a dash at rendering a clearing.
Didn't have anything that fit.. so i build it with pieces from several sets.

Let me know if you need the HQ version.. this is at the start of the rendering.

Update 1: The converted jpg lost too much quality.. uploaded a png at 175px.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:29:47 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2013, 03:45:15 AM »
Looks good :)

I've never seen non crappy 3D renders that were not made on Maya before... well done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »
You want to see something really good in octane, check out https://www.epoch-art.com

That's an artist, i'm just an amateur.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »
K. The rendering of the animated cages as I wrote in the earlier post is done.

To create the animation as I mentioned... this would be the sequence of displaying images.

Frame 1
Frame 2
Frame 3
Frame 4
Frame 3
Frame 2
Frame 5
Frame 6
Frame 5
Frame 2
Either more Frame 1 to generate a rest point or loop

http://www.iedereenkanlerenduiken.nl/Pyt_Arena_animated_cages.zip

Hope it works out like this.
I don't think i can render te crowd with the current graphics card (this gpu render needs Cuda and GPU memory)
But I'll try to render something anyway. Not today do... because if I'm rendering I can't play my games :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:23:06 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
Oki, I'll try it out tonight if time permits :)
Like what we're doing?