Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938005 times)

Offline Alexsis

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01
« Reply #990 on: May 14, 2019, 09:20:48 AM »
So just found a bug. Apparently since "Average breasts" don't actually have a trait of their own (ie lack of a breast trait is Average) if your girl is in the clinic for a boob job with Small Breasts it will cause the game to crash because it attempts to add the trait "Average Breasts" to the girl.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #991 on: May 15, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »
Not sure about the coreTraits re-write.... Primarily because the AskPrice modifier is woefully underused, going to port my traits across to the new version and overhaul the trait effects. Things like blind, goddess, wings and etc should all have more impact then they do at present. No doubt I'll find more things to tweak as I go, then I'll test if the issue I found a few pages ago still exists.

EDIT: Also fun aside but beastiality is a typo, there's actually no a in bestiality.
EDIT 2: There's also a lot of traits missing <effects/>which is bad practice.
EDIT 3: Tweaked version of CoreTraits with missing <effects/> added, a couple of traits I added for my girls packs and with asking price more applied to traits. A few traits had minor tweaks to balance them/give them flavour compared to similar traits.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:07:23 PM by Sorren »

Offline h1262216

« Reply #992 on: May 15, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »
@Sorren:There wasn't actually a "coreTraits re-write". Just hard coded values that are now modifiable because they have been moved to the xml. But in terms of actual trait effects, nothing should have changed.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #993 on: May 15, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »
Externalisation then, still qualifies as a re-write as the internal code would have had to be rewritten to use the externalised effects.

Offline toradrow777

« Reply #994 on: June 23, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »
Gotta say, as a returning player, I'm glad to see this game's still getting updated.

Offline MontyPython85

« Reply #995 on: July 01, 2019, 06:35:51 AM »
It's been a while... Glad it's being started up again :)

Anyway, can anyone point me to the right place here... I'd like to know where to place the XML Trigger file so that the script is triggered in game (Not referring to the Global Triggers here). Thanks!

Offline Suddenlyfox

« Reply #996 on: July 07, 2019, 11:47:11 PM »
I was having the same crashing issue as Nyanyan with the same rgirlsx file, and I found that opening all the rgirlsx files from that pack in the character editor and re-saving them fixed it.  It's possible that doing this with just the canine.rgirlsx file would have fixed it, but I felt it was better to be thorough.

EDIT: What determines the weighting for which rgirl templates are used for the slave market? The vast majority of the rgirls the game generates for me (~95%) are all from one template. Among the 5% from other templates, most of those are from one second template, with all the remaining templates being extremely rare.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:28:38 PM by Suddenlyfox »

Offline Suddenlyfox

« Reply #997 on: August 07, 2019, 12:32:38 AM »
I'm trying to create my own rgirlsx files, and I've been having a lot of issues with crashing opening the slave market.  I have tracked it down to some specific traits, but I can't see any reason that these should be causing a crash.
To track them down, I deleted all the traits and confirmed that they loaded, then started adding them back in in small chunks or one at a time.  Some of the traits that were causing crashes were "Handyman" and "Homeless". 

When I don't have traits causing crashes, a large chunk of the girls it generates are hard coded random girls and logging that there was an error in CreateRandomGirl, even though it can obviously load the file, since it is generating rgirls from it.  From reading through the code, it looks like this occurs if the game cycles through the linked list of random girls created... somewhere... or if the linked list is empty.  Since my file is generating girls it can use, as evidenced by them appearing at the slave market, the latter seems to be the case.  However, I can't determine when it generates these girls or how many it decides to create, giving me a bit of a roadblock on troubleshooting that problem.

Offline precursor

« Reply #998 on: September 18, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »
Hello. Can your add support for the WebP format, this would greatly reduce the size of girls pack?

Offline derpderpfake

« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2019, 05:50:25 PM »
You can get the newest version from my Patreon Page. My followers get access to the new version 3 days before everyone else.
Half a year later, access is still Patreon-only.
Well, it's been a gas--the community around this game was active as fuck, which was super fun, but walling updates to the framework behind a pay wall is more than enough to boot me off of the project.
Bright side, I could probably find a cure for cancer with the time I've planned on spending making items, conjuring and playing challenges, and learning and writing mods. I mean, I'll probably put the effort into other outlet of creative masturbation, but you know, it's the thought that counts.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #1000 on: October 08, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »
But Patron isn't required for downloading.

Offline toradrow777

« Reply #1001 on: October 08, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »
...the community around this game was active as fuck, which was super fun...

Yeah, I hate that the community's so dried up, this game's great.

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #1002 on: October 10, 2019, 12:15:57 AM »
ya avejoey hasnt been heard from in forever on the  discord

Offline renat

« Reply #1003 on: October 21, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »
Hey all Im wondering if i have to start a new game for new girls to show up? what about edits to there stats? I had played sim brothal before this and you did have to start over so i was wondering if its the same.

I asked aevojoey directly months ago on patreon when i was still supporting him but he never messaged me back and the search function just shows every post with "new game" or "girls" in it.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #1004 on: October 21, 2019, 03:38:36 PM »
You should not have to start a new game. Just put the .girlsx and .rgirlsx files in the right place, with the subdirectory of pictures. The next time you start up the game, it should read the new girls.