PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

New image tagging concept

<< < (3/18) > >>

CherryWood:
Well, I can agree with this tag set, it's very similar to the old one so that's easy for me (and I also don't think that we need to describe group pics in much detail)

I'd like to keep girlsmeet tag or something like that to allow select images more suited for girl in the city.

Maybe some sort of "taking a nap" tag may be worth it for more rest description, those pictures are quite common. On the other hand, "studying" could pass as "reading" on most pics (I have only one obviously study picture so far and its full of modern math books that doesn't really fit into the game anyway.)

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 07:58:09 AM ---Girlsmeets we can prolly do without especially if we go with the "sex", "clean", "nude" prime tags. *Note here that we should prolly have no_cloth tag if we don't already have one.

--- End quote ---
I'll take a look at my packs tonight to show you some profile pictures that are not entirely suitable for girlmeets.
We have nude tag for that.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM ---Sprite is a bit odd. It means the same thing as "portrait".

Quest: (We wanted to rename this to Sprite?)
--- End quote ---
My bad, these are consequences of a typo  :)

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM ---Nature is a bit of an issue here... it doesn't seem to be useful at all as getting a picture of deep woods in the park is just as absurd as getting a picture of park in deep woods. Might be best to simply remove this and use backgrounds and quest-like tags instead.
--- End quote ---
That's the problem. Very often you cannot even say if it's a forest or a park. It's just some grass or trees. In fact, there should be a huge background if you clearly can tell what is it, and in this case it's better to cut it.
So we might as well use nature.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM ---We're not doing cow, neko, pony and etc. here?
--- End quote ---
I don't know. Should we? I don't care about such things, and living suggested to use cosplay for all of them, so I did.

Besides, if we do animals fetishes, there are other fetishes as well, like miko or schoolgirl. And you just suggested to get rid of them and use sex/nude/safe tags. I believe we should adhere to a common policy here.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM ---onsen
--- End quote ---
I guess it's common and specific enough, yeah.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM ---"passive, active, female, vaginal, strapon, oral" so how in the world can you tell if passive should be applied to strapon, vaginal or oral? Same goes for active and same goes for strapon, who is being fucked with a strapon and how is impossible to tell.
--- End quote ---
You misunderstood the concept. I proposed to form independent combinations of traits that the game reads as a single whole rather than several separated tags. Even though our sex tagging system is good, it uses a huge amount of traits.
It will be harder to code though.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM ---Is the character on receiving or dominating end.
--- End quote ---
I thought about it. You see, even though it's simple to imagine such pictures, in reality they are extremely rare. Same goes for dominatrix clothes tag, though they are a bit less rare than "dominating end" pictures.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on December 15, 2014, 03:38:07 AM ---I'll take a look at my packs tonight to show you some profile pictures that are not entirely suitable for girlmeets.
We have nude tag for that.

--- End quote ---

I know that there are plenty of those and if you want to add girlsmeets tag, I am all for it :) The reason I said that we prolly don't need one is that girlsmeets seem to be working fairly well atm.

We have nude tag that is related to clothing. nude prime that I proposed means not a sex or a clean picture. It is possible to get to with code (in most cases, not all, or at least not all cases without expanding and over-complicating lookup system) but it still will require an insane amount of database access and long and confusing code.

+ We can base tagging software off this and exclude tags or entire tag categories... so every pic would start with just three choices and unfold.

I think those three prime tags are worth the effort!

--- Quote from: DarkTl on December 15, 2014, 03:38:07 AM ---That's the problem. Very often you cannot even say if it's a forest or a park. It's just some grass or trees. In fact, there should be a huge background if you clearly can tell what is it, and in this case it's better to cut it.
So we might as well use nature.

--- End quote ---

Ok, but I still don't see how it's useful. If you don't know what to expect from a pic (farm, field, huge distant forest in the background, cleaned up part, messed up woods, deepwood and etc.) we cannot really use it in the game any better then generic outside... I don't mind if you want to tag it, just saying that I can't think of how we're going to use it.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on December 15, 2014, 03:38:07 AM ---.
I don't know. Should we? I don't care about such things, and living suggested to use cosplay for all of them, so I did.

Besides, if we do animals fetishes, there are other fetishes as well, like miko or schoolgirl. And you just suggested to get rid of them and use sex/nude/safe tags. I believe we should adhere to a common policy here.

--- End quote ---

Adhering to policies in game of this size is weird. We are very specific about sex pics and very vague (in comparison) about everything else. It's a positive thing when we can but there is no point in being religious about it.

Most games do the animal fetishes thing and miko/schoolgirl are different. It depends... if we're not planning to do this any time soon, we can drop it for now.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on December 15, 2014, 03:38:07 AM ---You misunderstood the concept. I proposed to form independent combinations of traits that the game reads as a single whole rather than several separated tags. Even though our sex tagging system is good, it uses a huge amount of traits.
It will be harder to code though.

--- End quote ---

How do you tag them? Same issue as I've described will arise during the tagging process. You'd have to store one set of sex tags for the pic, then another and maybe yet another afterwards... Living can translate them into tags we use now (and I would not have to change a thing) but interface for that might be confusing... you will also have trouble seeing how the image is tagged (you'd have to call some pop up window and view the combinations in use).

It's up to you... I don't believe this to be a good idea, in fact this seems a lot more confusing to me that what we have today. Also while I don't mind, any modder will have more issues with it due to being required calling one tag in the game while tagging with different tags in the software. *I have no desire to transform 4 tags back into one during the lookup process because that is absolutely crazy and useless btw.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on December 15, 2014, 03:38:07 AM ---I thought about it. You see, even though it's simple to imagine such pictures, in reality they are extremely rare. Same goes for dominatrix clothes tag, though they are a bit less rare than "dominating end" pictures.

--- End quote ---

Rare or not, they exist and may find their way into the game so we need a failproof process to sort them out so we don't get BS writing vs pictures scenarios.

DarkTl:

--- Quote from: Xela on December 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM ---If you don't know what to expect from a pic (farm, field, huge distant forest in the background, cleaned up part, messed up woods, deepwood and etc.) we cannot really use it in the game any better then generic outside...
--- End quote ---
Not really, there are urban outside and wild outside at very least. So the picture can be used either  inside or outside of the city (or both, in case of nature).

--- Quote from: Xela on December 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM ---Most games do the animal fetishes thing and miko/schoolgirl are different. It depends... if we're not planning to do this any time soon, we can drop it for now.
--- End quote ---
Most games that have well coded animal fetishes use only those characters that have these fetishes.

Btw miko outfit could be used as a part of some religious act, and schoolgirl uniform can be used in actual schools. I'd say it's worth to keep clothes along with main clothes tags that you proposed.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM ---Rare or not, they exist and may find their way into the game so we need a failproof process to sort them out so we don't get BS writing vs pictures scenarios.

--- End quote ---
I don't use them, personally. I had like 3 in all my packs for all this time, so I decided to not include them at all. We can add such a tag as a failproof, of course.

livingforever:

--- Quote from: Xela on December 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM ---+ We can base tagging software off this and exclude tags or entire tag categories... so every pic would start with just three choices and unfold.
--- End quote ---
Done. Not exclusive though (meaning that you can still tag a picture as profile after you tagged it as sex)... should they be?

--- Quote from: Xela on December 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM ---I think those three prime tags are worth the effort!
--- End quote ---
Don't worry about it. I can handle it. Focus on the tags that aren't used just for sorting.

--- Quote from: Xela on December 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM ---How do you tag them? Same issue as I've described will arise during the tagging process. You'd have to store one set of sex tags for the pic, then another and maybe yet another afterwards... Living can translate them into tags we use now (and I would not have to change a thing) but interface for that might be confusing... you will also have trouble seeing how the image is tagged (you'd have to call some pop up window and view the combinations in use).
--- End quote ---
Not really a problem. Actually, the system to tag images based on an approach very similar to DarkTI's method and then translate it back into the old tags is already implemented. Changing it to use that method for tags doesn't even require new code, just a slightly different configuration.
Have fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version