PyTFall > PyTFall: Game design

Simulated Exploration

(1/6) > >>

Xela:
Lets discuss...

We want it to:

- Have travel time to and from with an option to set up a teleporter to the location (for a price).
- Offer loot and gold.
- Offer items.
- Have hazards.
- Teams in the same location helping one another.
- Meet other teams?
- Locate/Capture chars/rchars.
- Build reports:
    *Single Event Report(s) to display in the guild.
    *General Report (Job ND report upon return).
- Manageable Risk (of Death vs Moar loot).
- Fighting Mobs.
- Fighting other teams.

Added to the original list:

- Daily Camping.
- Check button to attack other teams for loot.
- Unlocking areas on conditions (for quests/events).
- Area and Main Area bosses.
- Rescuing stranded teams.

What else? This is an area from our previous version:

--- Code: ---{"id": "Burial Grounds - lv 2",
"area": "Northern Route",
"desc": "Inner area of the overgown burial site, where barely any sunlight reach through the trees and where the dark presense feel the strongest.",
"unlocked": false,
"travel_time": 1,
"mobs": {"Dark Mage": [5, [1, 0.2, 2],[1, 1, 1]], "Phantasm": [10, [1, 0.2, 2],[1, 2, 2]], "Skeleton Warrior": [50, [1, 0.3, 4],[2, 3, 3]], "Skeleton": [20, [1, 0.2, 3], [3, 3, 3]]},
"hazard": {"health": 0, "mp": 5, "vitality": 0},
"unlocks": {},
"cash_limit": 120,
"items_limit": 0,
"items": {"Woodcutting Axe": 0.05,"Short Bow": 0.05,"Leather Cape": 0.05,"Dagger": 0.05, "Huntsman Hat": 0.02,"Scarf": 0.02, "Short Sword": 0.22,"Leather Armor": 0.22,"Silver Necklace": 0.2,"Leather Boots": 0.22,"Leather Gloves": 0.22,"Linen Cape": 0.22,"Tanned Leather Boots": 0.26,"Tanned Leather Gloves": 0.26,"Obsidian Choker": 0.22,"Rogue Cape": 0.08,"Running Boots": 0.06,"Bullwhip": 0.1,"Ornate Gladius": 0.1,"Claws": 0.2,"Spiked Collar": 0.22,"Long Sword": 0.24,"Minor Reflector": 0.07,"Slave Shackles": 0.08, "Bone Knife": 0.2,"Darksome Trophy": 0.2},
"img": "content/gfx/bg/locations/fg_areas_burial_2.jpg"
},
--- End code ---

Xela:
Switching to SimPy, we at the very least should use units like KM (from the city). I wanted that initially but it was too costly to setup in terms of code, now SimPy is taking care of that stuff.

DarkTl:
- I don't remember what mean mobs values in the old SE. At very least we need to set levels range and chances to encounter. The game probably should build parties by itself.

- Events, sometimes unique, sometimes generic. Like, "you found a chest" with 5% probability which with 50% will be a mimic and a random weapon from a preset otherwise, as example of generic one. I suppose there should be a file for events, every event will have a name, and these names should be tied to locations.

- Camping every day or almost every day to restore some vitality and stuff? Probably as an event too.

- Fighting other teams seems interesting, ie they attack teams that don't belong to MC if you allow them to. A bad way to get loot  :)
Maybe not to death, characters just lose all items if defeated.

- Perhaps battle reports? I showed you those screenshots, every battle there has its own report if player wants to look at it.

And what are cash and items limit fields?

DarkTl:
- Maybe better support for areas that are part of one big area. In your example Burial Grounds - lv 2 is a part of Burial Grounds. I imagine there could be a possibility to move between unlocked levels.

- I recall you had to beat low levels to unlock high ones in the old SE, that's what unlocks and unlock fields are for. However, there should be support for advanced conditions, for example during a quest. I suppose either there should be flags checks, or simply some function that locks or unlocks location X when you call it.
As an example of non quest advanced conditions + unlocking, some secret area could be found with 20% chance if someone in the team has 50+ int.

- There is the chance to encounter mob in a battle, and there is a chance to actually encounter a battle. In some deep areas there should be more enemies ie higher chance to initiate a fight, and the other way around in other areas. Basically a chance to find enemy groups.

Xela:

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM ---- I don't remember what mean mobs values in the old SE. At very least we need to set levels range and chances to encounter. The game probably should build parties by itself.

--- End quote ---

Those are increases in power from base difficulty level of an area and encounter chances (I think). I will soon get to that code and see what's what, those values are prolly documented somewhere, either in the code or on forum.

We'll have all of those things and game is already capable of building mobs but I'll prolly use range levels you've added to them as well.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM ---- Events, sometimes unique, sometimes generic. Like, "you found a chest" with 5% probability which with 50% will be a mimic and a random weapon from a preset otherwise, as example of generic one. I suppose there should be a file for events, every event will have a name, and these names should be tied to locations.

--- End quote ---

Ok... I think these will work just like any other events in the jobs, I'll cook up that system once core code for SE is up and running (maybe after interface is adapted as well).

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM ---- Camping every day or almost every day to restore some vitality and stuff? Probably as an event too.

--- End quote ---

Excellent... I did not think of this (or I have long time ago but failed to code it without SimPy).

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM ---- Fighting other teams seems interesting, ie they attack teams that don't belong to MC if you allow them to. A bad way to get loot  :)
Maybe not to death, characters just lose all items if defeated.

--- End quote ---

Ok, this will be a thing then :) I like the idea as well.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM ---- Perhaps battle reports? I showed you those screenshots, every battle there has its own report if player wants to look at it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, we already have those (click test BE logical on Main Screen).

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM ---And what are cash and items limit fields?

--- End quote ---

Limits on finding gold directly and limits of item prices for items that can be found in SE in general but not in the items lists (usually very generic items, maybe all loot as well, I don't remember).

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 03:33:52 AM ---- Maybe better support for areas that are part of one big area. In your example Burial Grounds - lv 2 is a part of Burial Grounds. I imagine there could be a possibility to move between unlocked levels.

--- End quote ---

We'll have to add something like "sub_area" or "local_area"... why would you want to move between levels? There is only so much that we can relay to the player effectively and you're sending your crew to explore an area and they go somewhere else, I am not sure that I like that idea.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 03:33:52 AM ---- I recall you had to beat low levels to unlock high ones in the old SE, that's what unlocks and unlock fields are for. However, there should be support for advanced conditions, for example during a quest. I suppose either there should be flags checks, or simply some function that locks or unlocks location X when you call it.
As an example of non quest advanced conditions + unlocking, some secret area could be found with 20% chance if someone in the team has 50+ int.

--- End quote ---

I think that we already had such support, even if not, we will have that for sure.

--- Quote from: DarkTl on April 25, 2016, 03:33:52 AM ---- There is the chance to encounter mob in a battle, and there is a chance to actually encounter a battle. In some deep areas there should be more enemies ie higher chance to initiate a fight, and the other way around in other areas. Basically a chance to find enemy groups.

--- End quote ---

This we already have I think, I'll get back to the issue once I found the post or comments in code or just read the code that generates mobs/encounters.

====>>
I also want some difficult to beat pit bosses with great loot (+ One area boss with unique item per area)... not sure if it is for Beta or final but we need those. It's not difficult to code so I really, really want this for Beta :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version