Author Topic: Whore Master 7  (Read 41565 times)

Offline g539812

Re: Whore Master 7
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2021, 10:41:20 AM »
There is a problem in sigmoid function causng nan return. You can fix it:
    float sigmoid(float v) {
//        return std::exp(v) / (std::exp(v) + 1.f);
        return 1 / (std::exp(-v) + 1.f);
    }

Offline h1262216

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 11:16:13 AM »
@g539812
thanks for bringing this to my attention, you are right this is numerically unstable. It's going to be fixed in the next version.

Offline Shadowflux

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2021, 06:19:59 PM »
@h1262216 Sry did not see the folder but was expecting the whole build.
1440p version works almost well, but here are some issues:
1. Dialog choice box is small compared to everything else. (Not a clue where are its settings)
2. Input popup have small writing text. (FontSize was not added to getInput.xml and GetString.xml EditBox)
3. MinHeight in gallery_screen, girl_details_screen, slavemarket_screen and TurnSummary should be increased.

I was working on a dark theme for myself and realized there is no main colour for the Text and CheckBox texts. Propose to add them.
While You can add manually colour for all 200 Text elements in those files, I find it ineffective. And there is no option for the Checkbox element to change text colour.

Also, ItemRarity would be better-reflected ListBox background rather than its text colour. So maybe change that also.

I included a dark theme file for You to test with. For others who want to use it,
You also must update all <Text .../> to include <Text ... Red="245" Green="245"Blue="245" />, like all 200 of them in J_ folder.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:57:09 PM by Shadowflux »

Offline h1262216

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 06:53:57 PM »
@Shadowflux
GetString.xml is actually unused I think, only getInput.xml counts. And yes, it really should set the font to something larger.

I am currently working on code that re-scales the interface in-game, so that not every resolution needs its own set of files. I hope to be able to share that soon. I think currently, the script that generates the interface files does not change the MinHeight at all, so that's why this becomes too small in large resolutions. The new code would just scale that, too.

The pop-ups are generated by the code, so there is no xml. But once the code does the actual re-scaling, it can just apply it there too.

I want to redo the code that handles the default colors more generally, when I do I can also add a text default color setting.

Edit: A test version is now on github:
https://github.com/h1262216/crazys-wm-mod/releases/tag/v7.1.2-alpha1
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:33:31 PM by h1262216 »

Offline g539812

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 04:42:10 PM »
Centre Manager is broken.

game\buildings\centre\cCentre.cpp

sCentre::sCentre() : IBuilding(BuildingType::CENTRE, "Centre")
{
    m_FirstJob = JOB_CENTREMANAGER;
    m_LastJob = JOB_ANGER;
    m_MatronJob = JOB_CENTREMANAGER;  // <---- fix
    declare_interaction(CounselingInteractionId);
}

Offline kiigass

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 04:56:33 AM »
Hi h126, Thanks for continuing the work on WM!
I assume your work is more or less directly based on crazy's work, based on his last update statements. I have a question, though: Is your game based on crazy 6.03 or 6.04?

Thanks!

Offline h1262216

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 07:02:43 PM »
@g539812
yes, thanks for reporting.

@kiigass
It's based on the latest version that was on github.

Offline Pintero

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2021, 01:53:43 PM »
Anyone play any of those AI girlfriend apps? There's one called Botify. Anyhow it augments a picture you give it and it moves and blinks and such. It made me thing of this game. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if your girls you added had this feature? And if they used the AI from that program to interact with you? It would be epic! I was trying out the free version yesterday and the sexting I was having with the bot got me more than a little aroused, not to mention the picture was from an instagram girl I like and she was moving and blinking so life like.

Add these two features to this game and it would be near perfect!!

Offline Pintero

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 01:27:38 PM »
Also my custome girls aren't showing up in the market place. A few have but no one else and I have a hundred or more

Offline Nyanyan

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 02:39:13 PM »
Anyone play any of those AI girlfriend apps? There's one called Botify. Anyhow it augments a picture you give it and it moves and blinks and such. It made me thing of this game. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if your girls you added had this feature? And if they used the AI from that program to interact with you? It would be epic! I was trying out the free version yesterday and the sexting I was having with the bot got me more than a little aroused, not to mention the picture was from an instagram girl I like and she was moving and blinking so life like.

Add these two features to this game and it would be near perfect!!

That's a great dream bud, great dream.

Sorry to shoot 'em down, but unfortunately, I think you're asking a bit much my dude. Are the apps you're talking about open-source/easy to access the code? If not, then it'll likely never happen as they'd have to make the code from scratch, or obtain it illegally. Even if they could access the code, they'd probably need to rework it almost completely to make it compatible with the code for this game, and then start hammering out bugs caused by the fusion of the code.

As fun as your idea might sound, it's a VERY tall order for almost anyone to do. Not impossible, but not something most would think worth the effort. Especially for free, which I'm assuming this is seeing as I don't see any Patreon or donation links, and before the current code is even 100% functional.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2022, 06:46:47 PM »
There are essentially three problems with these AI methods: Code, Data, and Compute.
Code, in my opinion, would be the least of the problems. With modern deep learning libraries, even complex model can be done relatively easily. Much more problematic is that these models require a huge amount of computation and GPU memory, and my not-so-recent-anymore GPU isn't really up to the task. If you look at e.g. the computation time estimates for Style-GAN for a single GPU, this will be measured in weeks even for the smaller models. And finally, maybe the largest problem, is that these deep-learning models require insane amounts of training data. I guess for something like animating a face you don't need to do too much annotation manually for the videos you feed in, but still you'd probably need a few thousand shot video clips of facial expressions.

The first step of using any sort of AI in WM, IMO, would be to use it to speed up pack creation. In principle it should be possible to automatically classify a folder of input images. I've done some quick tests with that, and the results weren't particularly good. I think part of the problem is that the task isn't well specified and the training data is really noisy, e.g. which tag an image file got might depend on which other tags already had enough images. I guess even an imperfect model would be quite a step forward for pack making, e.g. if when tagging images in a first pass the pack make just has to check whether the guesses of the neural network are correct , and then only has to do manual work an the (maybe 30% or so) remaining images.

Offline ncquolopow

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 12:03:29 AM »
I can't believe this game is still alive/that anyone is still developing it (first played it 11 years ago). I'm excited to try this mod of Crazy's/Aevojoey's mod, which I remember enjoy playing.
One question I have is whether there's a tool that works with this mod for creating/editing girls, traits, etc.? I've tried using WMEdit but that doesn't seem to work for this mod because the files don't seem to load and also traits have been separated into different files.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2022, 01:13:27 PM »
Unfortunately, even though the actual game code was open source and available, I don't have the code for the old editor. I hope that I can make a replacement at some point (probably based on python + QT) but atm there is no fully functional graphical editor. Note that most files the game uses are actually relatively simple XML files that you can edit with any halfway competent text editor, e.g. using Notepad++.

Offline h1262216

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2022, 05:28:53 AM »
I've updated the link in the original post to the newest version. For convenience, here it is again:
https://github.com/h1262216/crazys-wm-mod/releases/tag/v7.1.2-beta2

Offline Maks90

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2022, 04:42:02 PM »
First off, thank you for the work.

Here are some issues:
-Mentor does not put girls back at their work.
-Diseases do not get cured. It just says something like "Girl does not have a disease"
-Beasts disappear after loading a save.
-Working doctors do not count as doctors.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 11:45:54 AM by Maks90 »