devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169462 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:25:07 AM »
To quote Doc:

Let's try and keep the bugs for a release to the one thread, folks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:49:01 PM by Dagoth »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs: 1.30.1 Beta
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:36:37 AM »
... aaaaand I just committed a fix for a crash on girl details.  Happens if you're browsing through the girls - sometimes it gets called with selected_girl set to zero. I've fixed it so it won't crash any more, but don't know why the problem occurred in the first place.

Anyway - but and fix

Offline Zeus

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:03:57 AM »
Navigate with the Arrow Keys in the Turn summery doesn't work for me, if i press up or down it jumps back to the last selectet Girl...
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
That mousewheel-event-as-click bug happens on the main screen, too

[edit]

Here's of an odd one.

• I unpacked the full install for the beta
  • renamed Resources/Characters to Resources/Characters.orig
  • moved the Characters folder from my alpha install into place
  • started a new game
  • ... and I'm not seeing any unique girls!

Looking at the gamelog, the file doesn't seem to be loading at all. Did the .girlsx format change? I'm not seeing any errors.

Anyway, I'll have a dig and see what I can find.

[edit]

The file is found, but the master file reports the file as already loaded, even on a new game. So it never gets loaded.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it just a linux file issue? I can't believe no-one's noticed that the unique girls aren't loading.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 08:41:22 AM by DocClox »

Offline alexpn

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
Confirm. No unique girls in new game. (windows)

Offline Zuul

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 09:29:58 AM »
Definitely confirmed, I just got a random girl through walking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »
OK, got a fix for it

InterfaceProcesses.cpp, line 608

if(!mf.missing)   // only load if master file wasn't missing

Should, I think, be

if(mf.missing)   // only load if master file wasn't missing

Otherwise nothing gets loaded when the game first starts.

It's entirely possible that this breaks Dagoth's masterfile fix from the last release -- I've not looked that deeplu at the problem as yet. But at least unique girls load.

Offline sgb

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »
The WMEdit packaged with the game isn't the newest version, there's a .68b that fixes a bug preventing you from saving item changes.

Some other things I've noticed:
-Changing the house% slider does not update rebelliousness changes right away.  You have to leave the screen and come back.
-This is an old bug, but to restate it here house%/rebelliousness forumulas are messed up:

Forumula for 0-50% is reveresed; 50% currently gives you the maximum rebelliousness reduction while every point below that increases rebelliousness.
There is no change at all from 51-69%, thus if you are over 50% there is no reason at all not to jump to 69%.
70-100% seems to be working as intended.
I think the most sensible fix would be to change to two formulas, one from 0-69% and then a increased multiplier one from 70% on.

New advertising system seems to be working as intended, and is a huge improvement over the previous system.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:13:08 PM by sgb »

Offline drake

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
Definitely improving. 

Although, you might want to post a new build that fixes the bug where we can't get uniques. 

Also, I noticed that on crashes when advancing a week (which happens almost every week for me), the game log always has adding a new recruitable gang as the last line.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
It's entirely possible that this breaks Dagoth's masterfile fix from the last release -- I've not looked that deeplu at the problem as yet. But at least unique girls load.

Yeah, looks like that's caused by my "missing masterfile" fix. I hadn't realized it would be triggered on a new game. I'll fix that in a bit and upload a new release for it.

EDIT: the proper fix is to edit that line you were referring to thusly:
if(!mf.missing || AllData)  // only load if master file wasn't missing

-Buying a Slave Girl re-randomizes the Slave Girl list.

Not a bug, assuming it's only happening on a "Test" cheat game.

The WMEdit packaged with the game isn't the newest version, there's a .68b that fixes a bug preventing you from saving item changes.
-Changing the house% slider does not update rebelliousness changes right away.  You have to leave the screen and come back.
-This is an old bug, but to restate it here house%/rebelliousness forumulas are messed up:
Forumula for 0-50% is reveresed; 50% currently gives you the maximum rebelliousness reduction while every point below that increases rebelliousness.
There is no change at all from 51-69%, thus if you are over 50% there is no reason at all not to jump to 69%.
I think the most sensible fix would be to change to two formulas, one from 0-69% and then a increased multiplier one from 70% on.

Noted.

Also, I noticed that on crashes when advancing a week (which happens almost every week for me), the game log always has adding a new recruitable gang as the last line.

Hmm. Anyone else having it crash frequently when going to the Next Week?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:46:47 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »

Some other things I've noticed:
-Buying a Slave Girl re-randomizes the Slave Girl list.

New advertising system seems to be working as intended, and is a huge improvement over the previous system.
Using WMEdit 0.6.8.0 I can't save ANY *.girls files, even if I load the file that came with and try re-saving it. I push Save, I get an Unhandled Exc eption screen.

Windows XP, SP3

Also, yeah, I also get no unique girls.

Aaaannnddd....  where is this WMEdit .68b?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:47:29 PM by Spacebird »

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »
OK, got a fix for it

InterfaceProcesses.cpp, line 608

if(!mf.missing)   // only load if master file wasn't missing

Should, I think, be

if(mf.missing)   // only load if master file wasn't missing

Otherwise nothing gets loaded when the game first starts.

I'm certainly game for trying some cut & paste but.......  I've no clue what language the program is in, nor do I have a compiler/decompiler on my machine.

Offline sgb

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »
Not a bug, assuming it's only happening on a "Test" cheat game.
Oops, you're right.  Disregard that then.

Using WMEdit 0.6.8.0 I can't save ANY *.girls files, even if I load the   file that came with and try re-saving it. I push Save, I get an   Unhandled Exc eption screen.
Download the .68b version here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4m4zzhx0hy0/WMEdit0.68b.rar

As for the End Turn crash, it never happens on my machine.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
OK, I've committed some fixes and gone ahead and released 1.30.2 r452.
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=417.msg7780#msg7780

Changelist:
* unique girls weren't being loaded on new games
   NOTE: if you started a new game in r450, you can fix this by opening the savegame's .gam.mast file and deleting the contents (don't delete the file itself, though, that will do nothing)
* navigating between girls with up/down arrow keys on the Turn Summary screen wasn't working
* bundled WMEdit is updated to 0.68b  --  provided as always by Solo761
* add "GirlMeet" config value to config.xml, which is the chance you'll meet a girl when walking around town

* potential crash on Girl Details screen fixed  --  DocClox

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
That mousewheel-event-as-click bug happens on the main screen, too

What's happening, exactly? I should clarify that the problem before was that hovering the mouse cursor over a button (or checkbox or editbox) and scrolling the mousewheel up or down would act the same as if you had left-clicked it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:56:41 PM by Dagoth »