Game Discussion > General Discussion & Download

Whore Master Editor 0.7.1

<< < (4/23) > >>

Solo761:
That bug was present in every save operation. It seems that, although it asks if you're sure you want to overwrite it, it actually doesn't matter. Streamwriter object that is used to write it to the file works kinda strange. If I delete an entry and tried to overwrite the file it didn't actually do anything, if I added an entry at the end (alphabetically) of the list and overwrite that it did get saved, if it was somewhere within the list it also didn't get saved. It seems it works with some kind of strange append where just adds what ever is behind the last entry that's already in the file.

I guess this problem manifested itself after sort by alphabet was added, before that everything you added was at the bottom of the list, I guess delete and overwrite was also not working then, but adding new girls/items worked file since they just got appended. I've changed how this works so as far as streamwriter knows it always saves to the new file. What I did is this, before the file is saved app checks if the file to be written exists, if it exists it renames it by adding .bak extension to it, and then saves it to the new file, this time it saves as it should because it doesn't have anything to append to. And that's where little .bak files come from :).

zodiac44:
That's a rather bizarre effect.  I would think it would have manifested the very first time I saved after the sorting was introduced, unless I misunderstand what you wrote.  The editor completely rewrote the old file with everything in alphabetical order - which I would think involves a certain amount of deletion before the write can happen.

Solo761:
Well, beside sorting and filtering nothing else was changed. As far as saving part goes, beside getting sorted list to save, but that isn't done within save procedure, it doesn't know they even exist.

But I don't think it would manifest exactly the first time after sort was introduced. File that you have overwritten isn't sorted, list that was going to be saved is, so there wouldn't be any matches for this strange append to kick in. Second time yes, but first no.

Balmung60:
Would it be reasonable of me to ask to be able to see what the girl's in-game looks (and other stats) are while using the editor, perhaps with a marker of how much of each is from traits (maybe like [stat] +/- amount from traits), or would that just be a massive PITA?

zodiac44:
Most of that info is coded into the game, and not available (insofar as I am aware) to those searching for info from the outside.  We could experiment and figure out the stat/skill bonuses/penalties for every trait, and hardcode those into the editor (or put them in a config file), but they could be obsoleted if any of the effects change in the game.

I don't know how far DocClox is taking his XML approach to the game (as far as i know, it is limited to .girl files for now), but if he implements the config screen for the game, and includes an XML config file with the stat effects of traits, then we would be able to pull that info for the editor.  Until then, no such luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version