Author Topic: Leaving the business-good and evil variants.  (Read 8631 times)

Offline Bloodly

Leaving the business-good and evil variants.
« on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »
A proper severance package should be made possible, for if you're feeling 'nice' yet still want to get rid of a girl.  Remember that they are slaves, and their circumstances are various.  This is especially so for freed girls.  Costs a bit of course, but would raise your rep.  Of course, the girl may easily say 'no', especially if she likes you...

On the other side of the coin, just strip them of everything and toss them onto the streets, to sink or swim.  But beware possible revenge...also possibly lowers rep.  'possibly' because if no-one finds out, how can you lose rep?

Or maybe something inbetween.

I have imaginings of buying houses and granting enough to live by for a while whilst they get on their feet....and this effectively making retirement communities. 

The rep gain from a powerful girl leaving the business with piles of money could/should be immense.  And having someone out there in the city with money and power who likes you could open doors....

Then again, unleashing a bunch of nymphomaniac lesbian futanari constructs on the city could cause a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:00:17 PM by Bloodly »

Offline letmein

Re: Leaving the business-good and evil variants.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
I don't think firing girls is considered a "bad" thing...  and if you wanted to get rid of a slave, the nice way to do it would be to free her then fire her.

On the other hand, having a rather more, uh, extreme firing option might be handy.  It would serve as a good incentive to the other girls, anyhow.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »
Your talking about an exicution option so you can exicute a trouble some girl infront of the other girls under your employ to increase their fear and obediance?

It would likely work that way but to make it interesting it could made a girl with a class type more angry also.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »
I've been thinking of adding execution into the game. Its very easy to make the scripts do it. The consequences would be pretty high though, it would make all girls in your employ fear and hate you greatly.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline letmein

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
Yeah, execution:  AKA, the really, really evil and horrible way to run your business.

One thing, though - I'd make sure to create a loophole of some kind to let at least one girl still like you once you start dropping bodies left and right.  People aren't logical, and even if you're the most despicable person in the world there can still be someone that truly loves you.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »
I had an idea why not also have a stat that's for evil girls.  If the player does evil things it doesn't have much negative effects as with non evil girls. 

You know like you have a real villlian in your rank's she may actually chuckle at the fact that one of the girls is dead.  It would make an interesting twist in certain areas of the game.  Evil girls could also be harder to control than ones without that feature.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
one twist to good/evil leaving that makes sense is setting up marriage to customers since that is traditionally the reason why oriental girls were joining the business in the first place.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline letmein

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 01:23:37 AM »
@Command:  I can see where you're going there, and kinda have to agree.  There probably should be a stat for "evilness" or something like that - although I wouldn't give it to the player explicitly, but perhaps in talk options or something as an estimate.

@M_A:  Well, the problem with that is you'd get a heavy drain on your girls.  Frankly, there's a pretty hard limit on how many girls you can get - somewhere just above 10 girls/turn, I'd think.  How often would girls marry off?  If 10% of your girls marry every turn, that limits the player to 120 girls - which sounds like a lot, but really isn't.

I could see having a marriage proposal event, though.
Still lurking.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »
Hmm i like these ideas, could just have an evil trait rather than a stat. All it has to do is invert any evil/good modification on girl stats.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:

Offline Command

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »
here's an idea for an evil varient of building.  Have something like a combat tournament where you can select the girls in the brothel to fight each other and have the customers take bet's on who will win.  The higher the combat ability the combatants have the more guy's attend.  You can also increase the profits from the tournament by purchasing consession stands, and merchendise.

A good downsize for this is that the girls in the fight will loose health in this tournament fast especially the loosers and may die if their combat ability is to low compaired to the competitor.  I would say that most evil choises would likely involve lowering health of the girls.

Sorry if this doesn't make alot of sence but the thought of under ground fighting crept into my head and then I remembered that their are combat stats here.

It may not be fesable with this game probably if you make a game that is soley based on being the head of an arena.

here's a thought on a good varient.  Have options to deposite a certain amount of profits to charities.  It would improve your good rating and maybe also give unique benifits to your opperatoin.  Like giving funding to health care will decrease the rate of your girls tiredness.  Giving donations to the police force will improve your standngs with them as well as improve their effectiveness against other gangs and even yourself if you cross the line.  City butification will increase customers becuase the nicer the area your opperatoins are in insures more people arriving in the area.  A neagative effect on this stuff makes normally evil acts harder to do even really useful still that are evil.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:31:25 AM by Command »

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 02:30:59 AM »
player or opponent induced disability disease? something that will lower the value of girls or scare off clients for a time. akin to disaster but done on purpose.
something i would categorize under evil.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline goofydude

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 10:43:20 PM »
I don't think firing girls is considered a "bad" thing...  and if you wanted to get rid of a slave, the nice way to do it would be to free her then fire her.

I also do the William Wallace/Donald Trump Combo.

FREEEEEEDOOOOM!
You're fired.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »
some cool ideas here
Click here to donate

Working on:

Offline dcb42

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 06:31:37 AM »
Yeah, execution:  AKA, the really, really evil and horrible way to run your business.

One thing, though - I'd make sure to create a loophole of some kind to let at least one girl still like you once you start dropping bodies left and right.  People aren't logical, and even if you're the most despicable person in the world there can still be someone that truly loves you.

Maybe once a girl's PClove hits a certain threshold (i.e. the maximum), they're so in love with the PC - irrationally so - that even murder won't make them stray... but if her PClove is even one point below, suddenly she's terrified of you.

...it'd be an interesting way to encourage building a high PClove, come to think of it...

Also, I dig the idea of marrying your girls off, but instead of having it happen automatically, make it the player's 'responsibility' to find good husbands for his slaves. Every turn you have the option (set up like the walk in town button is) to meet a group of merchants/nobles/aristocrats who are in the market for mates; you select how many (if any! You might find them all to be scumbags and thus tell 'em no) you'd be willing to provide for. They then look through your roster and tell you which girls they want to marry (again, if any - I figure they'd each have certain criteria to try and match), and once again you have the option to agree or not.

This way the player keeps as many options as possible, but it also adds an element of chance, in that rather than you selecting which girl to get rid of, it's them picking the girl, and you have to decide if you want to keep her or if you want to sell her off... but if you choose to sell her they offer top dollar (1.5x the girl's value?), so even if they want one of your favorite girls you might still find yourself tempted to sell.

Offline letmein

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »
I'm not sure I'd want to make marrying such an integral part of the game because, to me, there are enough considerations to have to make when you have 100 girls, why add another one?  However, I do like it as an event, and a pretty common one at that.

I also like using PClove to determine what level of evil a girl will let the PC get away with without repercussions of some kind.
Still lurking.