Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025271 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 12:24:05 AM »
Sigh I feel dumb it was crashing cause I didn't have any random monster girls lol.  Seems to be working now little more testing and I may be able to do a release tonight sometime.

Edit- No chance of release tonight found a bug.  All whores don't make any money and work on the streets don't ever see a customer.  Hopefully this is the last one that would prevent any type of release for people to play.  Any help with this bug would be great.

SC- http://www.mediafire.com/?gb2yhq1qzu931cf
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:01:29 AM by crazy »

Offline sentza

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
I see that there is a post : wm 2 in the dev board. I'm Java and Web dev and i thought about make a new wm from scratch too...

I stopped my mod because i think that it hard to add new interaction and gui without framework in the current version.

So i know QT but i never practice. May be
 create a new wm with it is good way : re-use the current code with a gui. Or maybe Java but that will take time...

Offline Aika

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
Sigh I feel dumb it was crashing cause I didn't have any random monster girls lol.  Seems to be working now little more testing and I may be able to do a release tonight sometime.

Edit- No chance of release tonight found a bug.  All whores don't make any money and work on the streets don't ever see a customer.  Hopefully this is the last one that would prevent any type of release for people to play.  Any help with this bug would be great.

SC- http://www.mediafire.com/?gb2yhq1qzu931cf

I know what's causing the whores to not make any money, and I'm pretty sure I know what's causing the street whores to not get customers. There's another line in my cbrothels.cpp file I changed that you apparently missed. I'd suggest using a file comparison tool like winmerge, but you've got that retarded 'gettext("")' command around all of your strings in all of your files, and I don't. I'm looking for the line now, I'm pretty sure I know which function it's in.

Edit: Found it. You need to delete line 1914 in cbrothels.cpp. That line resets the girl's pay to 0 at the beginning of the Updategirls function, but the advertising and whore jobs are processed before the updategirls function. The girl's pay is reset again later at the end of the calculatepay function, after adding the girl's pay to the brothel's finances, so deleting line 1914 won't cause any perpetually increasing pay bug.

As for the streetwhores not getting any business, I suspect it has something to do with the fetish system, maybe the girl's just not matching any fetishes the street customers want? I'll look more into it later.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:32:08 PM by Aika »

Offline crazy

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »
I see that there is a post : wm 2 in the dev board. I'm Java and Web dev and i thought about make a new wm from scratch too...

I stopped my mod because i think that it hard to add new interaction and gui without framework in the current version.

So i know QT but i never practice. May be
 create a new wm with it is good way : re-use the current code with a gui. Or maybe Java but that will take time...
I think that the WM2 they are talking about there isn't happening anymore I could be wrong but seems it has stopped being worked on.  Necno is also working on the official WM2 but he hasn't been online in 2 months so idk if anyone is working on a WM2.  But at this point I would be of no use working on anything as this is the 1st thing Ive ever tried to code and without Aika fixing things I would probally be working on the 1st bug still lol.  That said I going get some coding books and hopefully do a few things to this mod and maybe in a few months I might have the skill to help on something like that.

Edit: Found it. You need to delete line 1914 in cbrothels.cpp. That line resets the girl's pay to 0 at the beginning of the Updategirls function, but the advertising and whore jobs are processed before the updategirls function. The girl's pay is reset again later at the end of the calculatepay function, after adding the girl's pay to the brothel's finances, so deleting line 1914 won't cause any perpetually increasing pay bug.

As for the streetwhores not getting any business, I suspect it has something to do with the fetish system, maybe the girl's just not matching any fetishes the street customers want? I'll look more into it later.
Thanks again

Okay uploaded the mod link on 1st page please read the know bug's before you play.  Other then that list bug's in here so I can added them to the list
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:19:16 AM by crazy »

Offline daxiang4

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »
Crashs for me before even new game screen. Gamelog.txt:
***************** Loading brothels ****************
Loading brothel: test
Loading clinic Data
***************** Loading clinic ****************
Loading studio Data
***************** Loading studio ****************
Loading studio: Studio
Loading global triggers
Loading default images
Brothel 1 not found in list!
Brothel 2 not found in list!
Brothel 3 not found in list!
Brothel 4 not found in list!
Shutting Down

Offline crazy

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 05:10:10 AM »
Loading clinic Data
Loading studio Data
Loading global triggers
Loading default images
Shutting Down
Check your resources folder and then go to images and make sure you have images for the brothels

Offline dethlord99

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 05:23:11 AM »
I keep getting an error saying the side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Offline daxiang4

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 05:29:02 AM »
@crazy
I have brothel0.jpg etc there. Its exactly same folder you provided in first post. Maybe smth wrong with default girls images? I've added it though...

@dethlord99
seems to be same error. check your gamelog.txt

Offline crazy

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 05:30:45 AM »
Try the new upload I tested it works for me..  If its still broke Ill see what I can figure out

Offline dethlord99

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 05:37:43 AM »
I'm getting the same error report but not sure why.

Offline daxiang4

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 05:46:17 AM »
Yep, changelog.txt now ok but still same error.

Offline crazy

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 06:11:42 AM »
Does the game not build or does it crash when you try and start a game?

Offline dethlord99

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
It doesn't build.

Offline crazy

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 06:18:36 AM »
Loading clinic Data
Loading studio Data
Loading global triggers
Loading default images
Shutting Down
According to that its trying to load a save so if your either getting a crash before the game starts or getting a crash trying to start a new game go to the save folder and delete the save there.. Idk if that will fix it but I do know its trying to load a saved game.

Offline crazy

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »
It doesn't build.
Post your game log and ill take a look at it see if I can figure it out.