Author Topic: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?  (Read 128602 times)

Offline TitanSon

Re: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 09:40:52 PM »
i think we dont really need a rename-function cause you can name the gangs etc in the files ... but it could be nice to do it while you play ^^ ... otherwise ... what about change/give names of the own daughters? ;) maybe it would be cool to have a first and last name ... so every daughter is name with the same last name ... and we could choose the first names while playin ^^

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
I have had occasions to regret the name I gave a later brothel...and slaves have been given new names on many occasions....that is why I said them....but the gang are like sports teams....the name should be able to be changed by the new owner/sponsor.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2014, 01:48:40 PM »
I have looked at adding a name change function and plan on it sometime in the future.
When Player stuff gets added, you will be able to choose your first and last name (possibly gender also).

Usually when I get the "kidnap customers wife and daughters", I want to have them all have the same last name so I know where they came from. At the moment, I have to do that manually in the savegame file.

I don't really look at the gang names, just their stats, but the ability to change their names can be added.
Gangs in general will need a lot more work.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2014, 07:45:12 AM »
Is there any possibility to code the town screen into that , that if you meet a girl on the streets you can see a picture of her?

Scripting again ( of course my favorite ;-) ):

Its impossible to get more than one picture during a script is running. Is there any chance to to make it possible that there can be shown more than one?
For an example: The order "have strip"  followed by "have Nude" will show both, one after another?

Scipting again: There is no order which will show the name of the girl.
If you will ever improve the scipting Editor, I would really love to see this implemented.

Kind regards,
HuiBui

Offline bsin

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2014, 03:02:20 PM »
>Aevojoey

Some code submission for the game in the attached file. It's basically modified source from the 126 revision.
The #readme contains info about what is changed

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »
>Aevojoey

Some code submission for the game in the attached file. It's basically modified source from the 126 revision.
A request to make checking changes easier, use #if/#else/#endif to contain changes.

Code: [Select]
#if 0
    //your code
#else
    // old code
#endif

When you are testing your code set the #if to 1.
When I am checking it I just need to search for the #if to find any changes.

I started using this for my changes so I can push out versions with incomplete changes commented out.
It makes the files a bit bigger but the compiler does not include the commented out sections when building.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:59:02 PM by aevojoey »

Offline bsin

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »
Will do.
Forgot to mention b4 - I tried to tag all real changes (anything more than spelling fix) with a comment starting
Code: [Select]
//SINSearching for this tag should flag changes.

I will use your #if 0 system for future additions...

How about typos tho? Am spotting some. Impractical to #if #else these. Simpler to leave alone or better to fix?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »
How about typos tho? Am spotting some. Impractical to #if #else these. Simpler to leave alone or better to fix?
For typos, fix them, I use notepad++'s plugin compare to look over the small changes line by line.
I have even added a few things to your changes.

The #if makes larger changes more noticeable and easier to debug without changing the old code.

Update: I have finished adding all but the cGirls.cpp changes, I will get that shortly.
I am going to use both the old and new texts as random options.
Update2: Finished cGirls.cpp part, 30% chance for old text, 70% for the new.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:06:44 PM by aevojoey »

Offline bsin

« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »
>aevojoey
Great. Here couple more. just additional dialogues here for variety and tailoring to girls...

compiles fine, and done some testing and seen most branches in action, but wouldn't say 100% tested.
Used the #if system as suggested

Hope all good...

Offline Gmind

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2014, 08:20:00 AM »

[size=78%]Would be pretty cool if an Armory or smithy building type  were added to the game to craft weapons and armor. Possible job posts could be weapons smith, armor smith, assistant, enchanter, and perhaps even a merchant or sales clerk to sale your wares. [/size]

Skills that could affect the craftsmanship of such levels could be Crafting (low Craft = shitty product), Magic (for enchanting or a small chance to add a combat modifying trait to the weapon/armor when it is generated), Combat (It's one thing to know how to make a blade, it is another entirely to know how it is used in combat and how to use said combat experience to make a better overall product), Intelligence (Could affect amount of items generated; High Intelligence has made the weaponsmith more efficient and allowed her to forge two weapons instead of one. Could also affect base material prices (copper, iron, leather, etc...) as well as Trait %chance)

Going with the weapons/armor crafting idea, combat items could be modified when instanced/created to reflect a certain level of craftsmanship, such as a slight bonus to Agility/Constitution or Combat if it was forged by a girl with good combat skills (IE she knows what features can be removed from weapons/added to weapons to save weight/add lethality) or a %chance to be destroyed if it was forged by a girl with poor Crafting skill level. Also, could also have the possibility of certain items to be forged if the girl(s) meet certain criteria, such as skill levels that meet or exceed the requisite needed to produce that laser rifle you've always been wanting...

Going into the Gangs, I would love to be able to rename them (has been brought up in an earlier post); "Bloodthirsty Noobs" just makes me think of a bunch of brats from some multiplayer game. Also, should give them the ability to raid rival gangs for money/women and have the same happen to the player (hostage exchanges, coercion, etc...).

Would also be interesting if there was some gang-modifying benefits for territorial gains, such as acquiring a print shop that boosts gang recruitment. Also, Gang Housing could be interesting; Would give the player a way to increase the number of members for a certain gang while also forcing them to prepare housing for any new gangs they may wish to acquire. Would also be cool if a players more combat-oriented girls could be allowed to lead or be accompanied by a gang to do certain jobs, such as assassinations or catacomb runs.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
[size=78%]Would be pretty cool if an Armory or smithy building type  were added to the game to craft weapons and armor. Possible job posts could be weapons smith, armor smith, assistant, enchanter, and perhaps even a merchant or sales clerk to sale your wares. [/size]

Skills that could affect the craftsmanship of such levels could be Crafting (low Craft = shitty product), Magic (for enchanting or a small chance to add a combat modifying trait to the weapon/armor when it is generated), Combat (It's one thing to know how to make a blade, it is another entirely to know how it is used in combat and how to use said combat experience to make a better overall product), Intelligence (Could affect amount of items generated; High Intelligence has made the weaponsmith more efficient and allowed her to forge two weapons instead of one. Could also affect base material prices (copper, iron, leather, etc...) as well as Trait %chance)

Going with the weapons/armor crafting idea, combat items could be modified when instanced/created to reflect a certain level of craftsmanship, such as a slight bonus to Agility/Constitution or Combat if it was forged by a girl with good combat skills (IE she knows what features can be removed from weapons/added to weapons to save weight/add lethality) or a %chance to be destroyed if it was forged by a girl with poor Crafting skill level. Also, could also have the possibility of certain items to be forged if the girl(s) meet certain criteria, such as skill levels that meet or exceed the requisite needed to produce that laser rifle you've always been wanting...
I was going to add magical weapons as a way to counter the Incorporeal trait.
If the Mage tower ever gets added, an armory could be done at the same time.
If smithy jobs were added sooner, they would be added to the arena.
I started something with the arena cleaners where they maintain the weapons, armor and equipment.

Going into the Gangs, I would love to be able to rename them (has been brought up in an earlier post); "Bloodthirsty Noobs" just makes me think of a bunch of brats from some multiplayer game. Also, should give them the ability to raid rival gangs for money/women and have the same happen to the player (hostage exchanges, coercion, etc...).

Would also be interesting if there was some gang-modifying benefits for territorial gains, such as acquiring a print shop that boosts gang recruitment. Also, Gang Housing could be interesting; Would give the player a way to increase the number of members for a certain gang while also forcing them to prepare housing for any new gangs they may wish to acquire. Would also be cool if a players more combat-oriented girls could be allowed to lead or be accompanied by a gang to do certain jobs, such as assassinations or catacomb runs.
Gangs still need a lot of work.
I am looking into adding renaming capability for as much as I can.
If you want to remove some names from gangs before they are created, edit the "\Resources\Data\HiredGangNames.txt".
If you want to change the names for existing gangs, you need to edit the savegame.

Offline crazy

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
Computer is hit or miss right now on working but I finally got around to checking some of these changes out and must say I love the addict one you added to the strippers.  Ill give it a test and make sure it works.

Good work so far hope you keep helping.  You just looking to do changes like that or maybe something bigger?

Offline bsin

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
Hi Crazy! Yeah, having trouble seeing addict event in action. Only managed to trigger it 2x and then item did not appear in inventory. I think code looks right, so maybe girl uses the item before I can see it? (maybe test with different items, to see if get added)
Need to get my head around the save game structure to make custom saves to test things like this (e.g. 30 addicts of each type in a super huge place!) I'll go back to that...
No real plans to do anything bigger; mainly just playing around with the codebase to see what can do. Will help out tho, if there is anything.

Anyway, crazy, joey, more code here. Mainly added new content/trait-based variety for gambling hall roles, tidied up/sorted all the new traits in girls (cGirls) file. Also caught logic bug that was/is making some events that were meant to be rare happen every time (they were bypassing a dice check) - see the readme.

Hope you can use...

Offline crazy

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2014, 04:38:30 PM »
Hi Crazy! Yeah, having trouble seeing addict event in action. Only managed to trigger it 2x and then item did not appear in inventory. I think code looks right, so maybe girl uses the item before I can see it? (maybe test with different items, to see if get added)
Need to get my head around the save game structure to make custom saves to test things like this (e.g. 30 addicts of each type in a super huge place!) I'll go back to that...
I tried it and it worked but only tested twice. If I remember right a girl will use all the drugs she has each turn. That would be why u won't see it in her inventory.
No real plans to do anything bigger; mainly just playing around with the codebase to see what can do. Will help out tho, if there is anything.
Sounds good to me. Love seeing what others come up with for the jobs.

One thing I've been trying to do is come up with something's for your daughters. I've been having a hard time coming up with much maybe u can come up with something
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:57:37 PM by crazy »

Offline bsin

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2014, 01:50:20 PM »
One thing I've been trying to do is come up with something's for your daughters. I've been having a hard time coming up with much maybe u can come up with something
Was thinkin bout that trait. tricky one. done badly could make game very niche! but options are otherwise pretty limited short of making new job roles. will post any ideas.

have one idea 4 possible new job feature, but looking over code now to see if workable within my skillset/freetime

last question: is source for script editor anywhere? it could use some attention to make scripting easier...