Poll

Which tile size better to use

64px
3 (75%)
128px
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 10, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

Author Topic: Sim Red Light Town RT (should be stable build)  (Read 85658 times)

Offline dullman

Laggy as hell, incomparable with the last version which ran fine. I am not all that interested in males and this is prolly fine for a start. There are already more than enough options to set character apart from one another.

You see i know it's laggy when you change your gender (or item/shape), since, to be truthful I'm not sure why, it becomes laggy when i add/remove new game objects for few seconds, basically i do think to get a loading state which will block all content so that lags aren't visible for user if i don't resolve this problem (my idea is either set loading screen to constant time like 5 sec or bind it with fps so unload when the game fps counter increase to min 30 fps). As for resolve I have an idea from the beginning how to help this but since the version of code didn't work like planned i didn't pursue it farther, but now i will work on it.

Offline seden

No worry with lag here, FPS over 1k..

Curious as to what will become of this game/project.

Offline dullman

No worry with lag here, FPS over 1k..

Curious as to what will become of this game/project.

Thanks for expectation although to be specific this demo's aren't the same project on first page, since first i decided to create turn based economy game with rpg elements, and then with animation and art created here i create rpg game with real time economy game.

I worked on reducing experienced lag so i changed slightly concept how the characters are created. I believe i can reduce it more with rewriting code, which i do slowly since i have a first person following private repository, and i need it to make cleaner, so i would slowly rewrite code to more friendly manner.

[/size]https://mega.nz/#!DwEnCZab[/color]!yc3x_5nr3vetJqYI4ikHKv3JlBMqiMnrvglJDYUsY6w

Offline seden

Ok, as to code, yes indeed, there is "always" more performance possible.

In any case, as said, thanks !

Edit : No, the version I tryed was from page 3, the same (apparently) that the one you linked (or at last, nothing to do past the gender selection + minors parameters).
Then, guess I should give some ref as to this system ? 4x2,9HGZ+ , 8gb Ram, not sure which graphic card, should be one with 1 or 2 gb memory ?

As said then, no lag here (or, I am missing something ? :x).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:17:31 PM by seden »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
It runs at 1000 fps (which you should prolly limit to something reasonable) until you change the sprite. There is also some lag when recoloring and make other changes to sprites, but not as bad.

If this is a tech demo and spawning/controlling animation speed of new sprites can only be done at this speed, there is still work to be done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

It runs at 1000 fps (which you should prolly limit to something reasonable) until you change the sprite. There is also some lag when recoloring and make other changes to sprites, but not as bad.

If this is a tech demo and spawning/controlling animation speed of new sprites can only be done at this speed, there is still work to be done.

Whilst time from last post i spend mainly on trying to have clothes follows body morphs, it was something that i almost give up and goes to 3d where there were be much less lags, than here, but today i made it and officially clothes follows morphs of tits, and it's only needed one svg for clothes (of course it's quite simplicity here since some complicated shapes in the middle of figure will be deformed especially in making tits smaller), but noneless the ooutline follows morphed tits, of course there is and will be a lag, but firstly i tried to minimize it as much as possible and second to be truthful it's something that i agree here since modification of body/template will not happen to often, as for in animation deformation i would like to implement FFD but truthfully i must firstly find any documents that describe it in 2d so i could implement it, but now it will wait until i have some gameplay here.

ps. And for lags i drastically reduced it during changing template, but as i said it something that will be since every time i make even tiny modification the entire shape is triangulated which takes a time a probably CPU time (since no one mention that it would use a GPU) and average size of element in triangles is 1.5-2 k , so it takes a time.

Offline dullman

Hello i have a new demo with shirt for female and showcase of my algorithm to fit clothes onto morphed body parts, there are some known bugs here most visible that sometimes if we change /morph during animation the clothes don't stay onto body but slightly on side, i know (or suspect) what is case basically when i fit one body parts to another i don't count the rotation of these body parts, but i lack an actual time to fix it since i would need to remember how to calculate rotated shapes, so i currently leave it as it is until i make some progress onto game other than customization screen, also there is a problem with clothes not fitting body until you actually morph it (but it's to fix by single line of code but i always forgot to do that).
 So here a build so tell me you comments if lags are on acceptable level or not (and where).

https://mega.nz/#!vhVkwZCK!B5Sz9_rH5rKK7wmjFQb987q9jCYQAC9bvbJWb24dQJQ

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
It's a lot better now. There are still small lags when you switch sprites and the clothing but nothing like before. Loading also takes a while for some reason, feels like it shouldn't at this development stage...
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

It's a lot better now. There are still small lags when you switch sprites and the clothing but nothing like before. Loading also takes a while for some reason, feels like it shouldn't at this development stage...
About loading it's a known problem but basically it was was something that was introduced because of lags, so preload all assets so it will lag less, so basically when changing gender i don't need to load files from disk. Although i tried to run loading in Coroutines it takes more time than a loading in normal way, so i do not know why it happened, but if i would have an idea how to decrease loading time i implement it, but as for now i do not have idea how i could decrease loading time.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
as for now i do not have idea how i could decrease loading time.

It's not an issue (imo), if it keeps the game running better, it's all good.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
any news on whats going on with the game?
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline dullman

any news on whats going on with the game?

So as for news i have created few items for female (which takes me soo long), and started to working on character classes(since i decided for now males will be naked since art is something the most painful for me). Here i decided to remove for now ethnicity of characters from game and just use value defined in DB if character is named in asian style (last name first), Also my slower working on the game comes because there are few games which i started played like stellaris, EUIV cossacks and CIV5, but basically when i post new version it will be when i have completed Customization Screen (truthfully here i would make few changes that first player choose a predefined characters from list and than he customize it, rather than starting with random generated character) and character classes (here i will take my time since i'm currently thinking how it should look like in code, since for my plan i only had a vision how it would look like from user side).

Offline dullman

Hello it's me again.
I come to say few things about my project, I come to create animations having two characters on screen (and you know one is inside otherbut truthfully here my skills and design showed flaws. It just either i couldn't make a good template for mouth both open and close and/or making animation in unity sucks especially with not enough morphs.

So i thought hard how to make animation easy process and i come to one thing, just change my approach, instead of using runtime created meshes from svg I just use runtime created sprites from svg, so basically i change asset i use for it, the test shows that created an single image for character with many clothes takes about 0.1 sec, so if we for each animation create 10 images it will take 1 sec to create spritesheet, of course we need to add time that will take to manipulate xml file(or svg) that we make during runtime changes to base characters (like breast size morphs, elf ears morphs etc.), but it will allow us to create a different shape of mouth if we need for animation, also making easier to create good quality animation. Also this approach allow us to move creating animations/poses from unity to Inkscape. It's has one problem Inkscape doesn't have any animation tools so we need to create it handmade (or use adobe flash but i do not believe it could export animation to svg file but might be wrong).
The other minor problem is quality, as you know it would be difference between vector and raster art, so you might think about it, but for test characters with size 256x512px it looks good enough that i do not have any problems with that.
Of course current algorithms i create for svg should be written from zero since i change the object of manipulation (from mesh to svg data).
But on other hand with current way there are also exists problems one most important, that i could not display characters on UI layer since sorting layer of objects becomes mess. the other is slow loading, so if i use new approach it would only create svg file from scratch and render single file (which i said takes 0.1sec) so i wouldn't need to load it before needing it.

So what do you think i should do go with bigger modifiability which cost rewriting current svg algorithms or just use old approach and have a faith that someone in future will help me with creating animations (As for current i do not believe that i have enough skill to do that in unity, in inkscape i believe i could make a single pose files which should be doable to create spritesheet based animations from them).

ps. One thing i believe similar library to rendering also exist for c++ so if someone wants to try and modify my current algorithm to use by whoremaster it's quite possible.

Offline Spritz

This is a very good idea, If you need any help with art or sprites be sure to let me know.

Offline dullman

Re: Sim Red Light Town(current title) Project Begins (Poll Added 2015-11-30)
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2016, 08:22:26 AM »
This is a very good idea, If you need any help with art or sprites be sure to let me know.

Whilst truthfully in the end I would want to create something like that but since i did not find any help and myself the game seems too much work I decided to move slowly first make a game in gameplay similar to whoremaster, but it would use sprites instead of pictures, and sprite animation for different acts, but still it would be slow before i got it to working version (And I know i planned to use svgs and made even a prototype but since truthfully I'm more fond of sprite work(and true reason i started to hate making svg since it wear me out for entire day) and it's better for me i decided to move to pixel graphic. As For templates i have few different with body Types from AA to H, but since myself it would be slowly to create new items for every different size of tits I'm thinking about including only three body types (In the end i would also loves some items to display during sex animations (or work)) but i feel like with many different jobs it would be overkill for my time.

If you still interested in cut project we can discuss this, but I don't have a hope for this truthfully.
 Edit ps. Still I do not abandon this idea but since truthfully I'm only knows some programming making the game in rpg maker MV or any other engine seemed too much for me, at least for my knowledge about engine (And believe me or not i do not found unity easy to use in 2D game, where the 3d seems to be rather easy, Unity by 2D means mainly platformer and so it was created). But still if i would found any teammates who would help me with tedious work in rpg maker MV or helping with creating top Down rpg/simulation i would gladly accept help and return to idea.

Edit2.
ps2. In last days i begun experiment with rpg maker mv and whilst it's allowed me to make a dynamic sprite system I do not know how far I would be able to stretch engine to make something similar to idea i posted in first post, but still even if i successful I could not make any content myself, I'm only good enough to program few things, not good enough to make entire game myself (Previously I had much more optimist look at myself but currently i know that i basically lack many skills needed in game developing, I just better work in team.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:56:46 AM by dullman »