Author Topic: Warning messages/Dungeon summary  (Read 3719 times)

Offline letmein

Warning messages/Dungeon summary
« on: October 14, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
I like how these automatically bold/highlight themselves and the girl, but...  I was wondering if it'd be possible/easy to make more than one color?

Not that there should be a specific color for every possible message, but having two colors - say, red and yellow - for really important things and more informative things.  For instance, having a girl lose health from work orr be assaulted would be red flagged, but having a matron take her off work would be yellow.  Pregnancies, births, and the like could also all be put in the "less crucial" category.  The only question mark is girls who aren't working...  maybe there could be a third color for that?  Frankly, that's all I start looking at when I get larger and  larger - are they dead?  was it a boy?  is she being lazy, again?

On a slightly different tack, would it be possible to include a Dungeon area in the turn summary?  In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to quickly see who died or came in, if anyone had a kid, if anyone gained a trait modifier (think Broken Will), and some other little things like that.
Still lurking.

Offline sgb

Re: Warning messages/Dungeon summary
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:00:48 AM »
Instead of different colours in the summary, I think it would be better to have a 'important events only' filter.  As you say, once you get going and are making more than enough income I simply do not care about general information.  Just show me all the serious events on one screen so I don't have to wade through 2-3 brothels worth of girls to find out if something needs my attention.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »
hmmmmmm, thinking....
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Thraxis

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »
On that note, perhaps, rather than relying on the keyboard controls to move between brothels, another menu might be added to check various Brothels?  Ones in which everything is running smoothly could be listed as such, while ones where something deserving an alert has happened can be highlighted accordingly.  Perhaps this could replace the current Girls/Gang list, with Gangs (and maybe Dungeon?) being listed as if they were brothels themselves?

Many times, I've seen everything running almost too smoothly in one of my brothels only to realize that while everything's been going great over here, every other brothel has gone to hell.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 03:11:54 AM »
Yes, the summary screen is going to undergo a major overhaul at some stage.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)