Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 629080 times)

Offline kyuubi43

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »
none of the random girl scripts are working. the game keeps telling me their not there and goes on using the default images. I tried removing the [/size]default images but that didn't work.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »
none of the random girl scripts are working. the game keeps telling me their not there and goes on using the default images. I tried removing the default images but that didn't work.

Do you have the correct Random Girl scripts? Do you have rgirlx files? Is your config file set to use default images? Where is your DefaultImages folder at?

It's not a problem with the game, else everyone would be having it, so let us give you a hand at figuring out what's up, eh? (And maybe stay away from hiding text using ridiculously small font, that doesn't help anyone.)

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »
Do you have the correct Random Girl scripts? Do you have rgirlx files? Is your config file set to use default images? Where is your DefaultImages folder at?

It's not a problem with the game, else everyone would be having it, so let us give you a hand at figuring out what's up, eh? (And maybe stay away from hiding text using ridiculously small font, that doesn't help anyone.)

I downloaded a fresh copy.
I downloaded some girl packs and put them in the character folder.
I did the same for some random girls.
I downloaded the defaultimages and it in the resource folder.

I didn't touch any settings.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2016, 09:02:16 PM »
Okay, when you say random girl scripts are not working, what do you mean by that? Are you unable to find random girls in the slave market, catacombs, on the streets, unable to meet them, etc.? Or are you able to get random girls, but they have no images? Do you have your DefaultImages folder in the Whoremaster folder (where the EXE is), or a sub folder like Characters? Are the packs zipped or unzipped? Where did you get the girl packs and are they up to date or old? Where did you download the fresh copy from? Was it https://mega.nz/#!AdRnHJKA!e_UwOLIol5UxAVReEipCTg09I2PNauQJCmQKO_ChY0Y or did you build it yourself using the source code from GitHub? (I apologize if you find the questions stupid, I'm just trying to gather what information I can, because I've got a completely fresh copy and several others, no complaints, and haven't heard this issue)

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2016, 09:03:34 PM »
Also, if you want real-time help, I'm in Chat right now mate. Link to chat is at the top of the page.

Offline SOMEGUY789

« Reply #1025 on: February 20, 2016, 10:35:43 PM »
none of the random girl scripts are working. the game keeps telling me their not there and goes on using the default images. I tried removing the default images but that didn't work.
Apparently they aren't getting the images to show up.

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #1026 on: February 21, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »
I figured it out with Jon's help.
The issue ended up being that when I extracted the 'Packs' I did so as their own folder inside the character folder as I always did with the Original WM and earlier versions of the mod.
The thing is I haven't played in almost a year so new computer decided to do fresh download and see what's new.
It seems that in the last year you guys changed the File-Path recognition to where the use of pack sub-folders isn't recognized or it got broken at some point.

Bottom Line I did things Old Skool and it doesn't work like that any more.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #1027 on: February 21, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
If Zombies are eternally sterile why did it say 'no' on the slot for pregnancy status after I removed the 'sterile' trait with a bag of fertilizer.....and even gave her 'fertile' trait in the clinic.....instead of 'st' for sterile just because she's a zombie?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1028 on: February 21, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
If Zombies are eternally sterile why did it say 'no' on the slot for pregnancy status after I removed the 'sterile' trait with a bag of fertilizer.....and even gave her 'fertile' trait in the clinic.....instead of 'st' for sterile just because she's a zombie?
Starting in the next version, zombies and skeletons will display "Ud." meaning Undead for pregnancy status.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:16:03 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Teatime

« Reply #1029 on: February 25, 2016, 06:18:15 AM »
Hi again, this time I got a couple of bugs in the editor and a few text inconsistencies, plus a simple idea/suggestion, I don't know where it should go so I'm putting it here for now.

In the editor, in the "girl data" tab, strength can be set to a number over 100, unlike all the other stats. This works correctly in the "random girl data" tab instead.

This has been partially reported before, but I had a slightly different outcome probably caused by the same thing: I made a princess-type random girl to be rescued in the catacombs, naturally I selected both the "is human?" and "catacombs?" options. She kept showing up in the slave market, even 2 at a time. This does not happen if I deselect the "is human" option.

I've been trying the "house pet" job (great work on the house jobs in general btw, I love the bedwarmer one especially) and the head girl is often mentioned in the description, even though I have none. Also, this job does not influence the virgin status even though sometimes sex is happening. Minor things, but I thought I might as well point them out.

Now this is a question more than a bug: I've been enjoying the singer/piano jobs, but I noticed that even with 100 performance some girls are better suited for one instead of the other. Example: I have 4 girls doing the jobs, all at 100 performance, but 2 have A in singing and B in piano, the other 2 have the opposite. It's cool but I don't understand which other skills I should raise to make them better, intelligence, charisma, service, magic and even traits don't seem involved (I did comparisons).
Another thing that left me wondering: why are the pianist girls earning 3-4 times more than singers? It's not unbalanced, I'm just curious. Are singers giving some other additional bonus to the building?

Another question: is it possible at all to have a girl become tha player's wife with in-game jobs/items/interactions? There is the trait, but I've had no luck so far.

Now for the "suggestion". I don't know if I'm the only one, but I like keeping my girls in order, for example all the H jobs on top (the first one working at night, second during the day, third at night, and so on), then performance and waitresses, then cleaning and finally security. The only way to rearrange them I've discovered so far is to transfer them, because the transferred one is put at the bottom of the list; the problem is that it takes a lot of time, part because I have to transfer a ton of girls just to rearrange a single new one, part because they obviously "forget" what job they were doing before, so I have to remember what they were doing and reassign them again. When you have 4 girls it's okay-ish, but when you have about 20 it becomes so long and tiring I just give up and assign the girls to job they suck at, just to have them neatly ordered.
Would it be possible to add two arrows, one up and one down, in the transfer window to move the selected girl up and down?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1030 on: February 25, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
I have not had much time during the week to work on the game but I hope to have more time this weekend.

In the editor, in the "girl data" tab, strength can be set to a number over 100, unlike all the other stats. This works correctly in the "random girl data" tab instead.
I forgot to add in the validate and limit checks to strength.
Fixed for the next version.

This has been partially reported before, but I had a slightly different outcome probably caused by the same thing: I made a princess-type random girl to be rescued in the catacombs, naturally I selected both the "is human?" and "catacombs?" options. She kept showing up in the slave market, even 2 at a time. This does not happen if I deselect the "is human" option.
I will look at this when I have time.

I've been trying the "house pet" job (great work on the house jobs in general btw, I love the bedwarmer one especially) and the head girl is often mentioned in the description, even though I have none. Also, this job does not influence the virgin status even though sometimes sex is happening. Minor things, but I thought I might as well point them out.
I have not worked on this part so I will leave it to jonwich and Crazy to fix.

Now this is a question more than a bug: I've been enjoying the singer/piano jobs, but I noticed that even with 100 performance some girls are better suited for one instead of the other. Example: I have 4 girls doing the jobs, all at 100 performance, but 2 have A in singing and B in piano, the other 2 have the opposite. It's cool but I don't understand which other skills I should raise to make them better, intelligence, charisma, service, magic and even traits don't seem involved (I did comparisons).
Another thing that left me wondering: why are the pianist girls earning 3-4 times more than singers? It's not unbalanced, I'm just curious. Are singers giving some other additional bonus to the building?
Piano uses Performance + ((intelligence + confidence + agility)/3) + Level
Singer has not been updated lately and still only uses Confidence + Performance
All the jobs will eventually include level in their performance.

Another question: is it possible at all to have a girl become tha player's wife with in-game jobs/items/interactions? There is the trait, but I've had no luck so far.
No, I don't think anything to do with marriage is in the game.
It would add in a lot of complexity to the game and I don't plan on doing that any time soon.
It may happen sometime but other things need to be fixed first.

Now for the "suggestion". I don't know if I'm the only one, but I like keeping my girls in order, for example all the H jobs on top (the first one working at night, second during the day, third at night, and so on), then performance and waitresses, then cleaning and finally security. The only way to rearrange them I've discovered so far is to transfer them, because the transferred one is put at the bottom of the list; the problem is that it takes a lot of time, part because I have to transfer a ton of girls just to rearrange a single new one, part because they obviously "forget" what job they were doing before, so I have to remember what they were doing and reassign them again. When you have 4 girls it's okay-ish, but when you have about 20 it becomes so long and tiring I just give up and assign the girls to job they suck at, just to have them neatly ordered.
Would it be possible to add two arrows, one up and one down, in the transfer window to move the selected girl up and down?
I have planned on reworking the transfer screen but have not gotten around to it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1031 on: February 25, 2016, 12:48:37 PM »

Fixing the code in the Housepet job is something Crazy and I will look at when he gets back. I do need to fix some text, and there are definitely things that need fixing in the code. The job does influence the virgin status, but only on the virgin status scenes. There is a mistake that allows a couple scenes to happen before that, which is where the problem is. We also had an issue with some scenes showing up, and with, as you mentioned, a head girl being mentioned when there was no head girl. Also, some of the names don't show up as they're supposed to. Crazy's pretty busy at the moment, so it may be a bit before we can really get into it and figure it out.

(Somewhat unrelated, in my version of the mod, there has been a minor fix/edit to allow all the scenes to technically fire, but the other issues remain. We'll get to it, mate, it's a known issue.)

Offline Teatime

« Reply #1032 on: February 26, 2016, 06:29:49 AM »
@aevojoey: no problem, thanks for the fix!

I didn't think of a combination of stats, that's why intelligence seemed not involved by itself. Gotta find a way to raise that confidence :) Level is interesting too, good to see there's an actual advantage in having girls level-up. It makes the fast learner trait valuable.

True, doing marriage right would take a lot of work. No problem, I just wanted to know if I could make a girl my wife "legitimately", as in following the game rules. I had in mind to make a wedding ring item for personal use, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything that was already in the game.

Happy to hear you plan on making the transfer screen better eventually, thanks!

@jonwich: thanks for the explanation, I didn't notice you already knew about that. Well, you already know much more than I managed to discover while playing! Like I said, those are still minor bugs (meaning they don't ruin gameplay or cause errors) so no problem.
You're making your version of this mod? Silly me, I thought mods were incompatible with each other.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:34:35 AM by Teatime »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1033 on: February 26, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »

@jonwich: thanks for the explanation, I didn't notice you already knew about that. Well, you already know much more than I managed to discover while playing! Like I said, those are still minor bugs (meaning they don't ruin gameplay or cause errors) so no problem.
You're making your version of this mod? Silly me, I thought mods were incompatible with each other.

Check out my thread if you're interested. It's not exactly compatible, it's the same game/mod, but the text is changing to essentially be evil. It's definitely not for everyone.

Offline Teatime

« Reply #1034 on: February 26, 2016, 03:21:30 PM »
@jonwich: Uuh, if you say it that way it might be a bit too much for me, but I don't know, the house pet job was ok in my book, or at least the parts I've seen. It depends on various other things, but I'll ask more in the other thread or via chat if I find you around, so I don't fill this one with unrelated stuff.

@aevojoey: I finally found the code you talked about and the part explaining the "traits to fetish categories" stuff. It's easily understandable, so thanks for directing me to it, now I can plan all the traits associations to get the desired results :)