Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 628936 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1110 on: December 03, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »
Rofl Do you want me to keep looking for things like that while im working on my build?
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1111 on: December 03, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
Rofl Do you want me to keep looking for things like that while im working on my build?
Let us know anything that needs to be fixed, we can't fix something that we don't know is broken.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1112 on: December 03, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »
Alrighty, will do
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #1113 on: December 04, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »
Don't know if it's working as intended, but if I sell pregnant slaves, I still get the offspring when they are born.  I haven't tried this with anything but my own (no beasts or customer's children).

Offline jimbobiii

« Reply #1114 on: December 04, 2016, 11:46:58 PM »
No idea if this is happening on Windows or not, but using Arch Linux and WINE 1.9.24, I'm getting a couple errors with .41 that I wasn't getting with .38 in the dungeon. Text in the "Reason for Imprisonment" column overruns boundaries (likely because of the column editing with one of the last updates on the 1024x768 interface) and when selling a slave, the text in the box seems to have been cut down to "the slave girl for xxxx gold", cutting off the first few words. Picture attached, as I don't know that a log would really be useful in this case. Again, might not even occur under Windows, but I can't check at the moment.

EDIT: Also, did I mess up my settings, or did pregnancy time get severely reduced? Seems to be 10/5 turns now instead of 40/20. Additionally, in confirming this, I noticed that using something like an Artificial Insemination Kit would inseminate a virgin, but the brothel management screen still just listed her pregnancy status as Vg.; while technically true I don't think that status should have priority.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:05:09 AM by jimbobiii »

Offline grishnak

« Reply #1115 on: December 05, 2016, 05:26:43 AM »
I think in the config file you can see the pregnancy time. If i remember correctly it was drastically reduced, yes.
The overflow could be similar to the recent bug (fixed now in most instances) concerning the interface. You can probably manually fix it by looking at the window boundary value and offset values for the colums in the table. If you use for example 1024x768 interface, you can edit the xml for the screens in the appropiate directory (here in interface/J_1024x768/dungeon_screen.xml).

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1116 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:11 AM »
No idea if this is happening on Windows or not, but using Arch Linux and WINE 1.9.24, I'm getting a couple errors with .41 that I wasn't getting with .38 in the dungeon. Text in the "Reason for Imprisonment" column overruns boundaries (likely because of the column editing with one of the last updates on the 1024x768 interface) and when selling a slave, the text in the box seems to have been cut down to "the slave girl for xxxx gold", cutting off the first few words. Picture attached, as I don't know that a log would really be useful in this case. Again, might not even occur under Windows, but I can't check at the moment.
Both are present in Windows as well; the column overflow is in the Shop/Item screen as well, in the upper windows, but that's less noticeable.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1117 on: December 05, 2016, 10:16:15 AM »
Don't know if it's working as intended, but if I sell pregnant slaves, I still get the offspring when they are born.  I haven't tried this with anything but my own (no beasts or customer's children).
I will look into this.
I have wanted to change the way children are handled for a while, I guess I will start that this week.

No idea if this is happening on Windows or not, but using Arch Linux and WINE 1.9.24, I'm getting a couple errors with .41 that I wasn't getting with .38 in the dungeon. Text in the "Reason for Imprisonment" column overruns boundaries (likely because of the column editing with one of the last updates on the 1024x768 interface)
It is the dungeon_screen.xml and itemmanagement_screen.xml that needed to be updated.
I have attached the corrected files.

... and when selling a slave, the text in the box seems to have been cut down to "the slave girl for xxxx gold", cutting off the first few words. Picture attached, as I don't know that a log would really be useful in this case. Again, might not even occur under Windows, but I can't check at the moment.
I have updated the text generated when selling slaves to an itemized list.
It will be in the next version.

EDIT: Also, did I mess up my settings, or did pregnancy time get severely reduced? Seems to be 10/5 turns now instead of 40/20. Additionally, in confirming this, I noticed that using something like an Artificial Insemination Kit would inseminate a virgin, but the brothel management screen still just listed her pregnancy status as Vg.; while technically true I don't think that status should have priority.
Sorry, the comfig.xml in the zip was copied from my testing config.xml so the pregnancy settings were the testing numbers.
I have attached the corrected file.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:11:12 AM by aevojoey »

Offline blx

« Reply #1118 on: December 15, 2016, 02:41:29 AM »

Game crash when you deselect all girls on brothel screen by pressing Ctrl + LMB.

On girl detail screen hotkey for list girls backward (left arrow "←") list girls forward.

All progress on new "Sexual Orientation training" and "Fake Orgasm training" reset after game load.

Messages about growing children stacks: second contains the first, third contains both previous.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1119 on: December 15, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
Game crash when you deselect all girls on brothel screen by pressing Ctrl + LMB.
It was:
Code: [Select]
    while (current->m_Selected == false && current)
fixed to:
Code: [Select]
    while (current && current->m_Selected == false)
It was looking inside current before checking if current existed :/

On girl detail screen hotkey for list girls backward (left arrow "←") list girls forward.
Copy paste error. Fixed.

All progress on new "Sexual Orientation training" and "Fake Orgasm training" reset after game load.
I missed a section of code when adding those jobs, the part that loads the job by the quick code. (added the "J-Change-Jobs" note to it)
It should work properly in the next version.
I also made a catchall so if I forget again, it should still work.

Messages about growing children stacks: second contains the first, third contains both previous.
Fixed this, the text was not getting cleared from the previous step in the loop.
I am also looking at other things in the children part to see what I can make better.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:03:39 PM by aevojoey »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1120 on: December 16, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
For some reason in wine on linux
Code: ("Wine error") [Select]

mikelwaugh@mikelwaugh-Aspire-Z1-621G:/media/mikelwaugh/4TB External/Games/WhoreMaster.06.02.40$ wine ./'Whore Master.exe'
err:seh:raise_exception Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.

Offline jimbobiii

« Reply #1121 on: December 17, 2016, 04:23:50 AM »

mikelwaugh@mikelwaugh-Aspire-Z1-621G:/media/mikelwaugh/4TB External/Games/WhoreMaster.06.02.40$ wine ./'Whore Master.exe'
err:seh:raise_exception Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.
I haven't encountered that error, although I skipped versions 6.02.39 and .40. What version of WINE are you using, and have you installed anything via winetricks?

EDIT: As far as actual bugs or errors, I'm seeing something similar to the children growth bug happening in the arena in the new build. No idea if it's related or not, but girls will have logs of themselves, the Doctore, and sometimes others mixed into summaries, and whether it's a text bug or actually happening, have logs for working shifts multiple times in a row. I'll try to get some pictures at some point to clarify, but the weather's all but killed my connection.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:33:51 AM by jimbobiii »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #1122 on: December 17, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »
I haven't encountered that error, although I skipped versions 6.02.39 and .40. What version of WINE are you using, and have you installed anything via winetricks?

EDIT: As far as actual bugs or errors, I'm seeing something similar to the children growth bug happening in the arena in the new build. No idea if it's related or not, but girls will have logs of themselves, the Doctore, and sometimes others mixed into summaries, and whether it's a text bug or actually happening, have logs for working shifts multiple times in a row. I'll try to get some pictures at some point to clarify, but the weather's all but killed my connection.

Should be latest for wine.
only thing installed via winetricks is the direct x dlls

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1123 on: December 17, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »
I test the game in Mint 17.3 with wine 1.6.2 and it runs fine.
I run it from exe in the folder not through the wine loader.
I have not installed anything with winetricks.

Got it fixed.
When I commented out the racing job from the code, I missed the part that runs the job so it was running all jobs again.

I also added the warning color to when a girl gets taken off work by matrons in the nonbrothel buildings.

Found a bug causing a crash with gang, trying to find the cause.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:31:56 AM by aevojoey »

Offline andy_and

« Reply #1124 on: December 17, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »
When training girls in the arena, multiple entries in events show up. Screenshot provided. Tried to restart the game, but no change. Only noticed in arena, on all positions.