Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Alpha release ==>  (Read 281730 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: == PyTFall Alpha release ==>
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 06:22:19 AM »
It's not a bug, titsjob was not present in alpha as option, because there were simply no texts for it. But pictures like that had a chance to appear in interaction.
I added some texts in Rev 270 and now they are present in whorejob for customers too. (I didn't notice any bugs)
Now only normal blowjob/fellatio pics shoudn't be there, we are waiting for tag review to allow them.

In see, well, it's a bug in the loading process of crazy girls packs, specifically in girl id not being added to the tags so the images cannot be called even if there are texts. Native packs work just fine obviously.

I've fixed it and improved the code for loading crazy packs a lot. Going to look into equipping items for girls from MCs inventory directly next.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »
In see, well, it's a bug in the loading process of crazy girls packs, specifically in girl id not being added to the tags so the images cannot be called even if there are texts. Native packs work just fine obviously.

I've fixed it and improved the code for loading crazy packs a lot. Going to look into equipping items for girls from MCs inventory directly next.
Oh, I see... sorry, I didn't test crazy girls much. Great that you found it.
--------
Because of school exams, I don't have any time for the project these days... and I can't really tell when it will get better  :( 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
Because of school exams, I don't have any time for the project these days... and I can't really tell when it will get better  :(

I am busy with rl as well and whenever there is time for the project I get lost in what needs to be done... there are too many requests, wishes, TODO stuff, ST, ideas and so on (and it's not organized at all). Eliont told me to just "say f$ck it" and work on whatever comes up first. Today it was the tags loading bugs and the equipment thing :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline jussi111

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 07:04:12 AM »
thx for great job both guys and no rush  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »
Meanwhile I caught a nasty cold this week. Not to mention both Agarest Zero and Dark Souls 2, both were released this month and effectively took all my time at home.

I continue to collect resources at work, about half is ready.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »
I continue to collect resources at work, about half is ready.

You said backgrounds, sprites and etc.? Can you expand on that, I am not sure on what you're doing at the moment.

We really need a project manager or a new programmer, there is no way I can manage and code for a project of this size anymore :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 08:05:30 AM »
I'm browsing through original games galleries, looking for decent backgrounds, sprites (both npcs and mobs) and resources for random packs. That's a lot of work, even after I'll finish with g.e-hentai, I'll have to sort sprites/backgrounds and edit pictures for rgirls (at least eyes color for most of images).

I don't upload anything to shared db yet because we talking about 3 GB of uncompressed data already.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 08:21:57 AM »
I'm browsing through original games galleries, looking for decent backgrounds, sprites (both npcs and mobs) and resources for random packs. That's a lot of work, even after I'll finish with g.e-hentai, I'll have to sort sprites/backgrounds and edit pictures for rgirls (at least eyes color for most of images).

I don't upload anything to shared db yet because we talking about 3 GB of uncompressed data already.

Ah, ok. That's what I thought you were doing more or less. I'll wait for a sorted version of new resources.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
New patch:

Patch

- Girls can be equipped from MC inventory
- Number of bugfixes and improvements
- Constitution has a much higher chance of increasing during the training with Xeona
- WM Crazy packs have a much better support now (close to perfect I think)
- Loads of code improved (No notable effects on the game)

======================
This will break saves! Without a chance to fix them other than reverting to the old patch!

I will not update the front post with this for this reason.
Like what we're doing?

Offline 4GunZ

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
Xela, next patches will not break saves?
Кстати, на одном отечественном форуме сказали, что ты русскоязычный, это так или просто ники похожие?)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:54:24 AM by 4GunZ »

Offline Internecine

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
Played the alpha release from this thread. Love the core mechanics, but found the UI to be very frustrating and clunky.

Anyway, the instructions from the repository thread mostly seems to contain dead links, so I've loaded the release version into RenPy and made this. It's basically just a preliminary proof of concept at this point. I've done away with the 'splash' mainscreen and folded it into the city screen. Will eventually need to put the save/load/options/hero menu back in and the moon-phase menu as well. Also planning to redo the location icons, wondering if *.gif icons will animate in RenPy.

Let me know what you think, or throw a cease and desist order at me. Either way.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
Ah yes, we decided to close the repository with the alpha, to avoid spoilers mostly. It seems that Xela forgot to update the repository thread.

Cool icons, though our gui is decorated in dark colors (like background for AP on your screenshot). If you could make them somewhat darker, it would be great.
We still don't have anyone to work with gui (that's why it is so frustrating and clunky), so any help is welcomed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2014, 02:35:07 PM »
Ah yes, we decided to close the repository with the alpha, to avoid spoilers mostly. It seems that Xela forgot to update the repository thread.

It's clearly stated there in red that repo access is closed at least until the Alpha, the only reason to reopen it would be if there was a decent amount of people willing to contribute post Alpha release, that clearly didn't happen.

Cool icons, though our gui is decorated in dark colors (like background for AP on your screenshot). If you could make them somewhat darker, it would be great.
We still don't have anyone to work with gui (that's why it is so frustrating and clunky), so any help is welcomed.

Let me know what you think, or throw a cease and desist order at me. Either way.

I really hate the fact that the top stripe covers the peak of the building, otherwise icons are prolly an improvement (if the rest of the top stripe buttons are substututed with icons as well).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Internecine

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 12:07:27 AM »
It's clearly stated there in red that repo access is closed at least until the Alpha, the only reason to reopen it would be if there was a decent amount of people willing to contribute post Alpha release, that clearly didn't happen.

It says you've 'disabled easy access until release'. I'm not a programmer so I don't know whether you mean you've disabled easy access to part or whole of the thing. In any case mercurial seemed to pull files off the repo just fine, but the links in girls.rar are mostly dead. Not that it matters in any case, I'm content as a cucumber to tinker with the version I've got.

I really hate the fact that the top stripe covers the peak of the building, otherwise icons are prolly an improvement (if the rest of the top stripe buttons are substututed with icons as well).

I thought that might bother me too, but to be honest there's no UI elements in most of the top half of that image and so I didn't find the slight clipping super noticeable. On the other hand, I wanted enough space to put decent sized easily accessible buttons for those functions you were likely to access a lot: girls menu, brothel menu, next day button and the save/load functions. If it's that much of an issue I can resize the background image, which I'll probably have to do anyway to make way for the tooltip box. That will probably mean repositioning the map icons though and at present I have no idea which of the many *.rpy files those buttons are buried in, which is doing my head in.

I went with bright icons for the contrast. These buttons need to stand out I think, they access core functions. Besides, a lot of the game backgrounds are actually quite bright and the original mainscreen UI is done in light-ish pink/purple colours. That said, I'll probably have to tweak it as I go along. Best not to consider the look as final, I'm more trying to find a layout that works at this point.

EDIT: Added some stuff, more or less done with the main screen. The districts highlight on mouseover. It's pretty.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:55:43 AM by Internecine »

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 04:40:00 AM »
I like it, one less screen to navigate through.
But I don't like your icon choice, one looks like the symbol for the ladies toilet... They look out of place, too modern.

I hate clicking through screens I don't need to see so I'd prefer to go even further with the map, add small icons and names for -
Arena - straight to the actual arena
Dark forest - witches hut
 Main street - some shops(blacksmith, clothing, general)
You could even section each main zone, so the area lights up for each minor zone inside, like a cut pie...
As you get more content/places just limit it to the most used zones.