Author Topic: noob question  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Draka

noob question
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:14:26 AM »
alright.. dumb, lame noob question here but.. how do you send girls into the catacombs with your gangs?

Offline Shutup9100

Re: noob question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:17:59 AM »
You can't.

Offline Draka

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 12:28:16 AM »
Ahhh, I see.. I thought I had read something, somewhere about it. I am mistaken.. no biggie. Thanks for the response.

Offline letmein

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 12:43:13 AM »
Its not a dumb question.

necno's original goal with WM was to create a sort of dungeon crawler - somewhere along the way, that goal was kind of lost as he expanded other parts of the game.  So far as I know, he is still planning to do *something* involving the girls' combat stats, but as far as sending them to the catacombs...  well, we'll see.  It may happen, it may not.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 01:38:11 AM »
IIRC, it's on the To-do list he put in the 1.29 release.  My guess is that he will implement and debug the new buildings and jobs first, before getting to pairing up girls with gangs (although, come to think of it, that might fit in with the planned overhaul of jobs).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline LouieLouie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:41:09 AM »
 New guy here. Is there a list of all the various girls? I just want to see who I can meet.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 06:06:05 AM »
Is there a list of all the various girls? I just want to see who I can meet.

Kind of. You can go to Resources\Characters and open the .girls files in notepad. Those are the files the game uses to define the girls, so you need to be a bit careful: If you change it and save the result, you can break the game.

There's also a .rgirls file to define the random girls that crop up, and there's a pile of add on packs as well.

Have fun :)

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 06:10:52 AM »
Yes and no. You can look at the folders in the Girl packs to see the names and even pictures of the girls you'll be encountering (You cannot load new girls *add them* to an existing game, they only appear at random places the maker set them to in a new game). Of course, for those girls you should know as the pack makers almost always tell you who they've put in, and take requests for new girls ect in the same thread you download the add-ons from. Don't look at the gallery if a girl is wearing a yellow coat and panties with no head, the game will crash. Other than that, headless girls don't generate the pics they are supposed to, but I think the game still progresses ok otherwise. There are usually fixes to download if that occurs.

The random standard girls use the same pictures for a specific type but have somewhat unique names and traits. (Horny girl 'Mako', and Horny girl "Saya" will have identical pic sets, yet have different traits/stats) You will find random girls with the same name in your games eventually, I don't think it has any bearing on the game though if that happens. 

Edit: Well Doc that's a much more precise way to do it.  :D

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »
A slightly easier method would be to open the .girls files in the WM editor and check each girl that way, noting who is in each category.  I suggested adding a sorting function to make this process easier, but it looks like it would be a royal pain in the ass to code, so we probably won't see it.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline LouieLouie

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
Yes and no. You can look at the folders in the Girl packs to see the names and even pictures of the girls you'll be encountering (You cannot load new girls *add them* to an existing game, they only appear at random places the maker set them to in a new game). Of course, for those girls you should know as the pack makers almost always tell you who they've put in, and take requests for new girls ect in the same thread you download the add-ons from. Don't look at the gallery if a girl is wearing a yellow coat and panties with no head, the game will crash. Other than that, headless girls don't generate the pics they are supposed to, but I think the game still progresses ok otherwise. There are usually fixes to download if that occurs.

The random standard girls use the same pictures for a specific type but have somewhat unique names and traits. (Horny girl 'Mako', and Horny girl "Saya" will have identical pic sets, yet have different traits/stats) You will find random girls with the same name in your games eventually, I don't think it has any bearing on the game though if that happens.

Edit: Well Doc that's a much more precise way to do it.  :D
So, where would girls like Rei Ayanami appear? Do they just pop up?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »
Actually, I think trex has the easiest approach. Open the game folder, double click Resources and then "Characters"

The filer window that appears will have a sub-folder for each girl in the game.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
Yes, but they won't list whether the girl is a slave, catacombs, or normal girl.

Ayanami Rei is a normal girl - you can get her by taking a walk or kidnapping - if you are using the same character pack as I am.

Offline EternalEquinox

• I read the internet....twice
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 02:58:13 PM »
So, where would girls like Rei Ayanami appear? Do they just pop up?

Your question made me think that there is no real way to tell how you will get the girls from the different packs that have been made. I know that myself and Exodia have put together quite a few. I think i will put a list together of all the girls ever released and how to get them since i have most of them.

Ok here is a list. It's also on my customer girl thread for others

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygiw2zznzmj/girl list.doc
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:52:15 PM by EternalEquinox »