devolution

Poll

How long have you been here, and are you gonna be a new devgod>?

I have been on since the begining.
4 (28.6%)
I have been on since the middle of the original dev.
7 (50%)
I came on after the first site switch.
1 (7.1%)
I am brand new.
1 (7.1%)
I AM YOUR NEW DEVGOD WORSHIP MY pics or it didn't worship POST IN THIS THREAD!!
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Death, Resurrection, and leachers.  (Read 5654 times)

Offline deadkingblue

Death, Resurrection, and leachers.
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »
Quick question, you guys know that wm is open sourced right? SOO if you smarty devgods are like bored you could like have over 6 nyrds at your command to get you like pron, cofee, adfly links, and like 6 youtube hits. I don't know if the site owners are alive, or if the devs of the many games talked about here are alive. But i do know that we atrack newcomers every so often. Newcomers who are alienated by the fact that almost noone is here to help them. (I am here every day, but like peoples are like alls abots the instants gratifications yes??). Not to mention the fun of the game comes from how easy it is to bend to your will and kink. All i'm saying is that this board is old, and even if i have to bring it back from the dead myself (with booze, hookers and blackjack) i will most likely fail. However if you devgods see some fun in deving an open source pron game plz know that i will make every effort  to kiss your ass. Kourse theres the leachers, the guests who are on all the time and don't see a need to create an account. BUT i kinda want you to know that it's really easygoing here. Yeah, i suck hard. But i like this game. and have been playing it since before the final original whoremaster release. Before we got moved to pinkpetal.co.cc before we got move again. Before we got moved here. Now i don't know if any devs are still alive here, or even if the siteowner knows this site is here. BUT i do know that i thank everyone for everything, despite the fact that i have not always been prominent on the board, i am now the most active continuos non-dev member. I like helpin teh noobs. But there won't be any noobs without no devs. Then the leachers will leave. Then the members will leave. and i will be sitting here, trying to learn how to code for a game noone cares about anymore. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH seriously i  sound way to serious. and i'm prolly just being paranoid. SOO thats it. yeah....

in bed.

TL;DR VERSION: PRAISE THE DEVGODS!!!!!!!!!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Death, Resurrection, and leachers.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »
You'll get better results with a calmer post...

2012 was a very dead year for WM and it survived so you are a little off-base. Devs for three games are active atm:

1) WM: Crazy Mod
- Developed primarily by aevojoey
- Upgrade to the original WM.
- Updated regularly

2) PyTFall
- Developed primarily by me, Dark, Gismo and CW.
- Started out as an unofficial WM 2 with necros blessing, later renamed to Legends of Alkion and forked to PyTFall.
- Alpha released and patched little over an year ago

3) WM: Evolved
- Developed by Mute
- New version
- Tech demo without gameplay available

===
Seems plenty :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
Someone has to pay for the domain all the time, so the site owners are definitely alive and know where is it. I see admins among active users sometimes, very rarely though. They have those red nicknames, easy to spot.
If you want an example of really dead forum, check otherworld  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
Dagoth pays for the domain. Not everyone who is red is an admins.
Like what we're doing?

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 12:40:12 AM »
the humor of my post is lost on some. but i rarely say in 3 words what i can write in a full paragraph. :P

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:49:03 AM »
Yeah, I host the site and pay for the domain. Doesn't cost much at all ($10 a year for the domain, and the hosting effectively costs me nothing), so no big deal there.

I do actually lurk around at least every 2-4 days or so to catch up on anything going on, I just have my profile set to not show me online.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 08:28:24 AM »
Since I started my new job I have not had much time to work on the game But now that everything is starting to settle down I should be able to work on it on the weekends.
I do pop on in the mornings if I wake up early but every day this week has been long nights so waking up has been harder for me.
I read all the new posts on the User Mods and respond if I have time.
I pretty much read everything but only respond if I think I have something to add.
I mostly use bug reports or new requests to decide what to work on next.
I edit my posts a lot so you may not see "new" posts from me if no one responds after a post, I basically edit the last post until it is no longer "the last post" in the thread.
I try to remember to keep the chat open when I am working on the game but I don't always remember, If you see me in the online list, sit in the chat for a bit and I should eventually pop in.
When I type I use the <enter> key a lot, there are a few rare cases where I will not use it. I don't like walls of text but I still read them. If I have trouble reading the writing on the walls, I will copy it to notepad and break it up to read it easier.

I ramble on a lot don't I.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Mr.AwesomeMan

• Space Goggles make me awesome. They're Spacy!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 01:48:46 AM »
Yeah, I host the site and pay for the domain. Doesn't cost much at all ($10 a year for the domain, and the hosting effectively costs me nothing), so no big deal there.

I do actually lurk around at least every 2-4 days or so to catch up on anything going on, I just have my profile set to not show me online.

Damn.. the site owner is as creepy of a lurker as I am. Posted once because of a bug and now look at me.. I am posting here. 2010 to now.. wow I been coming back that often?