devolution

Author Topic: Roadmap  (Read 31155 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Roadmap
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
PyTFall Roadmap:

Advantages of this version:

- Developed in Python: Fast development and easy + fast modifications to code in the future.

- .xml, .json and .ini 'database' files for easy modification and improvements.

- Amazing capabilities for girl interactions and scripting. This framework was developed for Visual Novels, meaning that it offers a lot of simple solutions and some really cool stuff for interactions and conversations. No need to know any programming language either, all scripting is done in plain text, just a few rules to follow and amazing and interesting scenarios can be written. Quality and quantity will obviously depend on how many people will join the team as writers and designers...

- Many options for graphical design and image/text manipulations come with framework.

- Works with Windows/Mac/Linux. No need to install any extra packages or install the game itself.

- Supports animations, video, music, sound, keyboard + joystick controls.

- Ready to use and nearly flawless Save/Load system for the game, no need for database dumps.

Disadvantages:

- Does not support animated .gif.

Set of ideas for the first Alpha:

- Mixed SimBrothel/WM gameplay.
- Loads of Items
- Brothels with Updates
- Interdependent Jobs
- Arena
- Basic Exploration
- Slave/Free girls types

------------------------------------------------------
Current Version: v0.32

Development Roadmap:

- Image tags system is not worked in here. It's a PytherWorld system being developed by Rudi for both games.

v0.01 - 0.1 - Main screens and basic logic behind them.

v0.1 - 0.2 - Girl meet in town scripts, logic and recruitment for writers and designers (otherwise this and many other steps may take forever).

v0.2 - 0.3 - Advanced logic for traits, next day, items planned for the original release, updates for brothels.

v0.3 - 0.4 - Arena, texts for interactions and girlsmeets.

v0.4 - 0.5 - Final decisions on Traits, Girls, Brothels, Picture Categories and sex acts. Basic balancing and Alpha release.

v0.5 - 0.6 - Adding slave-training and girl capture. Imptoving NPCs

v0.5 - 0.6 - Balancing out the game. Improving exploration to facilitate girl capture. Adding quests.

v0.7 - 0.8 - Improving GUI (logic), adding story and endings. Adding difficulties (if needed). More quests.

v0.8 - 0.9 - Finalizing girlspacks for official Beta, getting rid of all bugs and releasing a beta version. Remodeling all screens.

v0.9 - 1.0 - Making sure everything runs flawlessly, finalizing girlpacks and traits designs and releasing final version.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:30:59 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline merctime

Re: Roadmap
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:44:35 PM »
Man, I'm really looking forward to this!    8)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »
Man, I'm really looking forward to this!    8)

Yeah, me too...

But we've always find something to complicate the game and postpone the Alpha release date :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Romanul

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
Do you have a rough estimate on when you'll be able to release an alpha or it's to early yet?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:38:08 PM »
Do you have a rough estimate on when you'll be able to release an alpha or it's to early yet?

I am hoping weeks... Game would be ok for the @ release if we had more texts and events. Those things take a while...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Winterz

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 12:32:07 AM »
if any of the texts can be done in notepad ++, I will gladly help.

Just tell me what you want... put downs, praise, sexy talk, interrogation.

cheers!

W

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 10:34:44 AM »
All texts can be edited in notepad. Dark is the one who's usually working on them. Do you have anything specific in mind?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »
Interactions system always could use more options to make the game more lively.

label interactions_too_many_sex_lines: # overused sexual line
    $ char.override_portrait("portrait", "indifferent")
    $ char.show_portrait_overlay("sweat", "reset")
    if ct("Impersonal"):
        $ rc("I believe it's enough for today.", "I don't feel the need to do it one more time.")
    elif ct("Shy") and dice(50):
        $ rc("S-sorry, let's do it later m-maybe..?", "Um... Please, this is honestly too much for today...")
    elif ct("Imouto"):
        $ rc("Stop it, that's annoying and boring!", "Uuuh, aren't you bored, doing it again and again?")
    elif ct("Dandere"):
        $ rc("...You want to do it again? I don't want to.", "...Let's stop here. I'm tired of it.")
    elif ct("Tsundere"):
        $ rc("Geez, give it a rest already!", "Ugh, you're really persistent. Stop it."),
    elif ct("Kuudere"):
        $ rc("I think we should take a break.", "You're too persistent.")
    elif ct("Kamidere"):
        $ rc("How many times are you going to do it?", "Unfortunately, I have no intentions to do it again.")
    elif ct("Bokukko"):
        $ rc("Geez, enough already! I don't wanna to.", "Hey, it becomes annoying. Don't you want to do something else?")
    elif ct("Ane"):
        $ rc("We keep doing it again and again... Let's stop it, alright?", "Persistence is not a virtue, you know?")
    elif ct("Yandere"):
        $ rc("You are too persistent. I don't feel like it.", "Give it a rest. We already did it.")
    else:
        $ rc("Aren't you tired of it? I am.", "How many times are you going to do it?")
    "Maybe you should try something else."
    $ char.restore_portrait()
    $ char.hide_portrait_overlay()
    return
This it a typical interaction block. In the end it's the same line, but they say it differently depending on the main personality trait.

Meaning that every line you write should have 10 variations at least (in my example there are 22 lines), one per main personality trait, plus optional Shy version. It's not very hard or time consuming, but also not fast and easy.

That being said, we indeed could use put downs, sexy talk, interrogation lines, etc if you willing to write multiple versions like in the example. Naturally, I'll explain personalities meaning and other stuff.

Offline Winterz

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 10:22:54 AM »
if you give me the situations you need and a definition of all the "personality types" I will create what I can for ya.

I speak american-english and am decidedly not an anime fan (thus personality explanations), but i would love to help you in my meager ways :)

Cheers,
 W

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 11:37:28 AM »
Game like ours always get the best pictures from animeish sources, so we decided to stick with animeish personalities too.
Here is my old post when I described the system when we founded it. We have more traits now, but still the same 10 Archetypes which we use for all dialogues.

I attached to this post a file with gifts lines if you have troubles with understanding personalities. The file is good example of characters reactions to something depending on the archetype, you can open it in notepad++, preferably with python syntax enabled to highlight lines for better readability.

To start off, atm we mostly lack lines for evil options. For example, player is capable to blackmail a character somehow, and tried to do it. Either she reluctantly agrees to do something (doesn't matter what exactly) or refuses and, possibly, even insults the player if her personality is aggressive enough.

So here we go, we need two blocks of lines, for accepting player terms or refusing. Try to write them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 12:39:29 PM »
Marvel/DC/Disney/StarWars chars with unique sh!t are more than welcome. You can even do a whole celeb mod if you don't like those either.

============>>>
There is always stuff to be done, there is a whole lot of decent quests with simple grammar/context errors. Stuff like that usually gets taken out during testing but we are running an open sourced code repository that anyone can access.
Like what we're doing?