devolution

Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 106052 times)

Offline Xipomus

Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
Can't seem to commit.
Did a new clone just to be sure. Made all the changes to the files in the new clone.

Get this error: HTTP fout: 403 (Forbidden)

:'(

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »
You need to use another link to do the pushes.

go to
https://sourceforge.net/p/sb-pytfall/code/ci/default/tree/

And check your options. If you see a RW, RO and HTTP buttons side by side in the middle of the screen.
Click the RW one and copy the inner part of the link. (see attachment s1.jpg)

Mine is ssh://[email protected]/p/sb-pytfall/code, yours should have your username.

If you don't see a RW button, one of the admins needs to give you pushing powerz.

If you do have this you need to setup the link in the workbench.

see attachment sync1.jpg

Once that's done make sure you have the latest version (pull) and actually update to it (update).
see attachment update.jpg

The graph on the left needs to be a straight line, if it's not, you're a separate branch and need to merge yourself to the main branch. Your working directory is not what you update to, but the latest one before it.

Once you're good here, you commit and then push.

See attachment push.jpg

You'll know you've committed right when your workbench adds a new number iteration revision (in this case 260)
Then you need to choose the pushing link from the drop down menu (mine label 'ssh') then choose to push outgoing changes.

It should ask you for your source forge password. After which it should succeed. If it does not do either of these the link may not be right, or wrong password, or various other issues.

Hopefully this helps though.
This could be the end ...

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »
Thx Armegetton for the complete explaintion.

It seems to work, only it gives an internal server error (https) or no suitable response from remote hg (ssh).

Check username, password and url... even tried via the browser

Will try again tommorrow.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:32:16 PM by Xipomus »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2014, 12:26:17 PM »
^I pushed your changes, no worries.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2014, 04:31:33 PM »
 ???  looks like you are pushing unmerged changes, overwriting some parts of new code with old.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:23:52 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2014, 06:24:10 PM »
^I pushed your changes, no worries.

Yeah read Cherrywood post.. updated the files yesterday... had not uploaded those to the forum, because i was trying.. to push them.

There are included here.
(still can't push them... you might want to withdraw the first push... sorry for the confusion... say your post too late)

*** been trying to fix the Tortoise push but no such luck for now. Removed the TortoiseSVN coz it could conflict... probably a python issue, but i can't change that without recking my renderer (Poser) so will have to see if i can run it in an isolated workstation or something ***

This is the log as shown by TortoiseHG
remote:
remote: Welcome to hg.sourceforge.net
remote: This is a restricted Shell Account
remote: You cannot execute anything here.
no suitable response from remote hg

*** think i got it .. but i can't push the changes till DarkTi Backout's the ones there... those files are from the alpha with the changes.. didn't even think of mercurial at the time ***
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:26:40 PM by Xipomus »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2014, 01:25:21 AM »
I will cancel the push when I get the chance, but it doesn't have to be me, you can do it too.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:28:18 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2014, 01:58:21 AM »
DarkTi thanks... I think i backed both out (could not backout yours without commiting mine first)

Will upload the right files tonight.. off to work now.

Offline Elerias

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
it wasn't neccesary an error.. but more a screen that keeps visible.
I did it as this.. went to the H (Hero profile screen) in the main screen, activated the equipment so it show the inventory.
Then closed the hero_profile screen and went to the city and a shop. It still showed the inventory in the screen.
With the hide on the hero_profile screen, you don't have that issue.

Will have a look how to do sourceforge again... has been awhile. And working to much doens't do wonders for my memory.

* edit *

Should be commited... I hope...

To replicate: 1. open Hero Profile, 2. open Equipment, 3. leave Screen with MS Button, 4. Go to the City

Equipment will follow you everywhere.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »
Thx Elerias for confirming the issue.

If you want to fix it for your copy, place the included file in your %Gamefolder%\game\library\screens and replace the file there.
Our central code forge has the changes already, so next public release won't have this issue.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2014, 02:41:49 PM »
Our central code forge has the changes already, so next public release won't have this issue.
? This doesn't seem to be fixed in repo version yet...

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »
weird... it is for me...

Hmm will sync to a new folder and check.

Offline wahn128

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »
Hm, how is it determined which customers show up? Because I do have a "Mansion on the Main Road" brothel with 300 fame and 222 reputation, filled with Rank 7 Prostitutes - and what appears at the door are Peasants and Nomads, causing the non-slaves to flat out refuse them all and the slaves to become deeply depressed.  :'(

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2014, 06:25:31 AM »
Hm, how is it determined which customers show up? Because I do have a "Mansion on the Main Road" brothel with 300 fame and 222 reputation, filled with Rank 7 Prostitutes - and what appears at the door are Peasants and Nomads, causing the non-slaves to flat out refuse them all and the slaves to become deeply depressed.  :'(

Reputation decides everything in this case. You need a much higher brothel reputation to get better costumers.
Like what we're doing?

Offline wahn128

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »
Err - how high does it have to be? 300 is maximum for reputation and having peasants and nomads show up at 222 just makes it look like some check for customer level isn't working right. It can't be "1-295 -> peasants, 296-300 noblemen", can it?