devolution

Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 106022 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »
Err - how high does it have to be? 300 is maximum for reputation and having peasants and nomads show up at 222 just makes it look like some check for customer level isn't working right. It can't be "1-295 -> peasants, 296-300 noblemen", can it?

It is supposed to be around 700- 800 I think...

There might be a bug in the game, each building has a "maxrank" field that should prevent girls leveling up past what is allowed. If you managed to get girls of rank 7 in Road mansion, it's not working right.

You either have to start a new game or I can write you a script that you can copy/paste in your game to either get a palace with high reputation or set ranks of all of your girls to like 3 so you could level them up later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline wahn128

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »
It is supposed to be around 700- 800 I think...

There might be a bug in the game, each building has a "maxrank" field that should prevent girls leveling up past what is allowed. If you managed to get girls of rank 7 in Road mansion, it's not working right.

You either have to start a new game or I can write you a script that you can copy/paste in your game to either get a palace with high reputation or set ranks of all of your girls to like 3 so you could level them up later.

Hmhm - just maxed it out at 300, now wealthy merchants appear that don't offend the girls anymore. But in between the merchants, there's still Nomads and Peasants, whom the girls detest - even though they somehow manage to pay about 1000 gold for a visit. Seems like the game needs a limit to how pricy establishments certain customers can even go... unless there really is an endless stream of peasants selling their farms and livestock to waste it all on one night with a whore.

By the way - it'd be nice if you could expand on the "Being a slave she doesn't expect to get paid." message. If one does actually pay them anyways to improve their disposition, an added "You nevertheless give her X gold, making her happier to be your slave." would be informative.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »
Hmhm - just maxed it out at 300, now wealthy merchants appear that don't offend the girls anymore. But in between the merchants, there's still Nomads and Peasants, whom the girls detest - even though they somehow manage to pay about 1000 gold for a visit. Seems like the game needs a limit to how pricy establishments certain customers can even go... unless there really is an endless stream of peasants selling their farms and livestock to waste it all on one night with a whore.

System needs to be improved... but low ranked customers will no longer come at higher rep (better buildings).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Action89

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »
I found a glitch on the player setup screen. Where you can max your stats at the start of the game. Just click warrior or casanova class then take all the skill points out it will let you. Then click one of the classes again to reset the skill point but not the points to be placed. I didn't see where it was mentioned so I thought I should mention it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »
I found a glitch on the player setup screen. Where you can max your stats at the start of the game. Just click warrior or casanova class then take all the skill points out it will let you. Then click one of the classes again to reset the skill point but not the points to be placed. I didn't see where it was mentioned so I thought I should mention it.

Fixed looooooooong time ago with patches.
Like what we're doing?

Offline moridin_hentai

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »
Hello,

New user here.

I liked your game. I think there's a typo after your MC survives battling the goblins: it's "you've survived" not "you're survived".

Why isn't there Soufun or Yoruichi slaves in the Crazy Bleach pack? Also, why are there Rukia images but Rukia doesn't appear as slave or free girl?

Is it just me or are free girls not worthy training? It seems they cost too much while not working, and the increase in their whore fees aren't enough to fund the xxx, charisma or refinement training. I only use those trainings for slaves.

One thing I noticed is that some girls have no "boob traits". I initially only had big boobed girls, so when my clients wanted average or small they didn't pay extra. So I decided to woo Sakura from Naruto into being a whore. But she doesn't have neither average nor small boob trait, so these clients still keep paying less. Considering all these traits exist, shouldn't all girls be categorized into one of them?

Do you need help with images in some packs? I downloaed your Lodoss War pack and it seems to have very few images compared to the other packs. I can help with that, depending on the quality of pics you want.

Also, what kind of texts do you need for the romancing freegirls part of the game? I also noticed that the only actions that seem worthy of doing are Romance, Shopping and Interests. Even actions that have a higher requirement to do, like touching, kissing, sex, etc make less improvement in relations compared to the initial three. It gets kind of boring to use the same actions over and over. So, shouldn't actions that need to be unlocked give greater relationship bonus (romance gives 20, kiss initially gives -5 but once you get her to like you it should give 25 so that I start to use the new action instead of the old one). In the same vein, it's not profitable to fight other enemies besides goblins, or so it seems to me. Am I right?

Anyway, this game seems to have great potential. I hope you still keep developing it. I just wish there were some "sexyer" choices to make at the beginning. Fighting goblins to make a profit is not what I wanted from a hentai game. At least I should be fighting some sexy girl monsters, or instead being gigolo to some noblewoman.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:37:22 PM by moridin_hentai »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:10 PM »
Some people play with free girls only. It's perfectly doable. Rukia's file is missing, that's why she doesn't appear and many girls are missing, not just Yoruichi.

You're welcome to help out, there is no need to ask "what's needed", if you have an idea on how to approach something just post it and we'll work from there.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MonkeyBoo

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »
Just installed bit defender pro and it seems like the Pytfall.exe has been detected as a virus.

Any information concerning this? I did download the game via torrent but can you re-upload a clean version or have any clue why this happened?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »
Just installed bit defender pro and it seems like the Pytfall.exe has been detected as a virus.

Any information concerning this? I did download the game via torrent but can you re-upload a clean version or have any clue why this happened?

Shitty, intrusive, experience ruining AVs will sometimes kill off files just for the fun of it. Torrent version is clean as well and it's a Ren'Py thing, not a fault with PyTFall specifically. Add it to BD exceptions or get a normal AV like Avast/AVG, I've never heard Avast banning official update patches for millions of Warcraft players for example, BD did that "professionally" even thought there was no f@cking way those patches could be any threat to a single computer at all.

There is no way around this, there are some AVs that just ruining user experience for the sake of "extra" security while not really benchmarking any better in real world application...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
Hey Guys,

I've been away from the forum for awhile, but honestly Pytfall has dragged me back (in a good way).  Anyway I am trying to make my own custom girls.  I have hit a snag.  The Data files are easy enough, but I want to create my own tags for image files.  Spent about 2 hours editting the tags.json file, only to get an error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 85, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 141, in python
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 37, in python
ValueError: Invalid \escape: line 2 column 17 (char 18)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Jason\Downloads\qxl\Games\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\Users\Jason\Downloads\qxl\Games\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Jason\Downloads\qxl\Games\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 141, in <module>
    tagdb = TagDatabase.from_json([jsonfiles, rg_jsonfiles])
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 37, in from_json
    imgmap = json.load(f)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 278, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
ValueError: Invalid \escape: line 2 column 17 (char 18)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

What is the issue?  I created a tags.json and placed it in the folder with the images. the game created the blank tags.json and placed it in the series folder.  I'm hoping this is a simple fix.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've attached the tags file and the data file.

I must also say, I am loving this incarnation of the brothel game.  The arena is great.  Something for the MC to actually do.  keep up the great work.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2014, 02:34:27 AM »
Took a quick look, first of all, "Elven" trait does not exist (yet). For now we use more general Not Human.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2014, 07:07:41 AM »
The "Elven" trait I added myself to the traits file.  I tested that and it worked fine.  I only got errors when I wanted to edit the image tags.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2014, 11:43:31 AM »
I recommend to use image tagger to create tags jsons, and to use json validator for manually created jsons.

As far as I can see, you have wrong path there, it should be for example "..\\Girls\\King_of_Fighters\\Shiranui_Mai", while you have "..\\Content\Chars\Lodoss War\Deedlit". If there are other errors in syntax, validator can help you to find them too. Iirc, we don't use this path in tags jsons at all, but wrong syntax still leads to errors.

Also you might want to not create race traits for now, since we are going to add them at some point anyway.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »
Thanks DarkTl,   That validator did the trick.  8)

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »
Got A Error For You

This is using the latest version and all I did was try to exit the preferences menu

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 86, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 92, in <module>
    char = load_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 28, in load_characters
    dir = content_path('chars')
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 6, in content_path
    return renpy.loader.transfn('content/' + path)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'content/chars'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 86, in script
    python:
  File "F:\renpy-6.18.1-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 778, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\renpy-6.18.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 92, in <module>
    char = load_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 28, in load_characters
    dir = content_path('chars')
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 6, in content_path
    return renpy.loader.transfn('content/' + path)
  File "F:\renpy-6.18.1-sdk\renpy\loader.py", line 504, in transfn
    raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'content/chars'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.1.670
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha