devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619254 times)

Offline Hanzo

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #465 on: September 12, 2014, 10:37:39 AM »
Doh...
When I changed items to use skill/stat mod instead of the base, I didn't think about health, happiness and tiredness.
I will fix that.

Can it cause issues with libido as well?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #466 on: September 12, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
Can it cause issues with libido as well?
I will double check that but some items should lock in libido.
"Minor Ring of the Horndog" gives +30 libido and it is a worn item so that would go into libido's mod value.
"Sinspice" is a temporary item that gives +75 libido so that would go into libido's temp value.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »
I will double check that but some items should lock in libido.
"Minor Ring of the Horndog" gives +30 libido and it is a worn item so that would go into libido's mod value.
"Sinspice" is a temporary item that gives +75 libido so that would go into libido's temp value.

The items I think can cause trouble are consumables that add a permanent libido increase, like the Red Rose Extravaganza (if they use stat mod).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:21:58 PM by Hanzo »

Offline 63648411

« Reply #468 on: September 13, 2014, 12:09:11 AM »
Two things I've noticed about the turn summary page, and was wondering if other people had experienced:

First, on the Dungeon summary, the pictures are displayed as if the girls were in their original order, before having those of higher priority moved to the top. This results in the images displayed actually belong to the girl a number of spaces equal to the number of girls who have been moved to the top.

Second, and I would have thought this would have been brought up if it was happening to other people, but I'll mention it all the same, the images for girls on the Farm simply don't appear. Whatever image was previously been display stays up until you click on an entry for some other building, at which point the image updates as normal.

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #469 on: September 13, 2014, 02:01:52 AM »
Completely incapable of using the WMEdit8.1.3, not only does my antivirus freak out (though i can handle that) i can't add any girls to the list and when i type in the name part it opens up an error message. same when i try to add girl to list so i can save it. I have confirmed that my antivirus is not causing this. i use windows 7 (is that the problem?) If u need the error message details pm me and i'll send them (they take up to much space for here)
Game runs fin tho
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:03:43 AM by deadkingblue »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #470 on: September 13, 2014, 04:14:37 AM »
Completely incapable of using the WMEdit8.1.3, not only does my antivirus freak out (though i can handle that) i can't add any girls to the list and when i type in the name part it opens up an error message. same when i try to add girl to list so i can save it. I have confirmed that my antivirus is not causing this. i use windows 7 (is that the problem?) If u need the error message details pm me and i'll send them (they take up to much space for here)
Game runs fin tho
I agree. Something doesn't work. Although I don't get a virus alert , I'm using W7 too.
I am able to load an existing girl. But a save doesn't work correctly.

Offline rxformula91

« Reply #471 on: September 13, 2014, 04:53:13 AM »
I agree with 63648411
[/size][/color]
[/size]On Top of those two issues I also found another weird issue...[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]When I save enough money to buy brothel 2, the game goes into the name the brothel screen but it restarts the game with both brothels but everything resets back to the original date and time, 0 girls, 0 gangs, default money and such... and have to start collecting the girls and gangs again.  ALready found that once I type the brothel name on it the other screen starts loading all the girls xml again and then 5 minutes later everything is back to starting a new game.[/color]

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #472 on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:53 AM »
I am looking into why WME.8.13 is not working.

I tested it on win7-64bit, xp-sp3 and linux-wine1.6.2. All 3 worked.
I downloaded from both mirrors and tested both with no problems.

I even tried it on my ancient laptop, a pentium 233mhz with 128m ram running xp-sp3
It did not work because it does not have .net3.5 so I am updating it.
edit: after waiting half an hour for .net3.5 to install, WME.8.13 worked but it was a little slow.

If .8.12 worked for you, the only thing different in .8.13 is a few new trait types.
The trait types are currently hardcoded into WME so if you manually edit the traitsx file and don't enter the type exactly as it is in WME that trait will throw an error.
If .8.12 and .8.13 do not work at all, use .8.11 until I find the problem and fix it.

First, on the Dungeon summary, the pictures are displayed as if the girls were in their original order, before having those of higher priority moved to the top. This results in the images displayed actually belong to the girl a number of spaces equal to the number of girls who have been moved to the top.
I will look into it.

Second, ... the images for girls on the Farm simply don't appear. Whatever image was previously been display stays up until you click on an entry for some other building, at which point the image updates as normal.
The farm is still under construction so there will be some issues.
Found and fixed this problem.

When I save enough money to buy brothel 2, the game goes into the name the brothel screen but it restarts the game with both brothels but everything resets back to the original date and time, 0 girls, 0 gangs, default money and such... and have to start collecting the girls and gangs again.  ALready found that once I type the brothel name on it the other screen starts loading all the girls xml again and then 5 minutes later everything is back to starting a new game.
I was unable to replicate this.
Please attach your save game from before you try to buy the new building.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:59:32 PM by aevojoey »

Offline noname

« Reply #473 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »
I found a bug in version .06.00.03.
In cCustomers::getCustomer() when the customers m_SexPref is generated, the loop doesnt filter out the new skills(SKILL_HERBALISM,SKILL_CRAFTING...).

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #474 on: September 13, 2014, 07:43:13 PM »
I found a bug in version .06.00.03.
In cCustomers::getCustomer() when the customers m_SexPref is generated, the loop doesnt filter out the new skills(SKILL_HERBALISM,SKILL_CRAFTING...).
I thought I squished that bug already but I guess not.

Fixed it and updated it.
 - female customer = 50% les, 25% bdsm or beast
 - group = 10% strip or 90% group
 - single males = 20% normal, 15% anal or bdsm, 10% all others.
Added secondary sex pref to reduce sex restriction turn aways. (not implemented yet)
Reworked customer base: 10-40% Rich, 10-50% Middle, 10-80% poor (rich and middle are rolled then whatever is left is poor)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:30:01 AM by aevojoey »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »
I've just doublechecked the WME 0.8.13
As far I can see it , it works fine for me.
I've loaded different existing girls, updated thes or even not and saved them again.
Everything was ok.

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #476 on: September 15, 2014, 03:31:29 AM »
i had the old problem with the studio again, created a movie for no income. nothing gamebreaking, though, plus it seems to have disappeared after i put a promoter and director on duty.
is the incorporeal trait gone now? with the 0.2 version i got error messages, but now they are gone. the valkyrie and angel girls don´t show the trait anymore, though.
oh, and is there some way to increase the fontsize in the transfer and basically all other windows? it´s a tad tiny, tbh...
anyway, nice new update. can´t wait for more, this is an amazing way to spend time on. =)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #477 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »
i had the old problem with the studio again, created a movie for no income. nothing gamebreaking, though, plus it seems to have disappeared after i put a promoter and director on duty.
It is possible to create scenes worth nothing or a negative value, just don't add them to a movie.

is the incorporeal trait gone now? with the 0.2 version i got error messages, but now they are gone. the valkyrie and angel girls don´t show the trait anymore, though.
It is not gone, but the spelling "Incorporial" has been culled a little.
When rewriting the the spelling correcter, I left that out but I put it back for .03
It should still load but will be changed to "Incorporeal"
Check the spelling of it in your files.

oh, and is there some way to increase the fontsize in the transfer and basically all other windows? it´s a tad tiny, tbh...
Edit your interface files.
The font sizes are easy to change but if you don't compensate for it, they could squeeze the screen a bit.

Offline PolitenessMan

« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2014, 06:00:41 AM »
Is there a new save format?   When I try to load a save on .04, it sends me back to the title screen.

The problem seems to be here:

"Tried and failed to parse savegame as XML file, error as follows
(If it says 'Error document empty.' it's probably old format)
Error reading Attributes.
.06 no longer supports Legacy Savegames. Start a new game."

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
Is there a new save format?   When I try to load a save on .04, it sends me back to the title screen.

The problem seems to be here:

"Tried and failed to parse savegame as XML file, error as follows
(If it says 'Error document empty.' it's probably old format)
Error reading Attributes.
.06 no longer supports Legacy Savegames. Start a new game."
If your save game was from .05 you will need to start a new game for .06.
If it is from .06 attach it and I will see if there is a bug in it.

This was done because several changes were made for .06 that could crash the game if certain things were set differently from a .05 game.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:50:44 PM by aevojoey »