Poll

Which tile size better to use

64px
3 (75%)
128px
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 10, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

Author Topic: Sim Red Light Town RT (should be stable build)  (Read 85674 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"

Awesome! What software do you use to animate the sprite? Is it Unity's interface or something 3rd party?
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

the way it currenly is it is unplayable, as the log below shows it is got quite a few errors

I suspect that you overwrite your previous version and in DB files there are files that were remains of previous files (since the game read all files in DB folder and tries to execute queries from there which i might in future changes) so there were remains old files with insert in non existing tables in current schema and when the error was catch it break reading files loop and the needed db was nonexisting, so i will ask you to remove previous version from folder and try again new version (since for me it's currently works fine).

Awesome! What software do you use to animate the sprite? Is it Unity's interface or something 3rd party?

it's unity tool with third party assets from githtub which is free (but just for IK in animation although truthfully doesn't work so great) i basically create skeleton for animation every time i create character and apply pre made animations made in unity for current template (which is human female). Also even if i call it a sprite it is made like flash characters or any bone based animation by each bone moving different body part, i have actual and mesh created from svg data which why slightly lag during modification since it's need to create new meshes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Well, I love the Strumpets design (but don't really like Flash), this looks like this will be taking a similar approach to animations and paired with Unity this can come out really great. This is quickly becoming my fav project to keep the tabs on :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

Well, I love the Strumpets design (but don't really like Flash), this looks like this will be taking a similar approach to animations and paired with Unity this can come out really great. This is quickly becoming my fav project to keep the tabs on :D

I know strumpets but prefer the other brothel sim in flash, and truthfully whilst i like vector graphics i dislike programming in flash, and regarding strumpets it seems that the last versions that moved to new graphics has make a mistake since Vector graphics would be the highest selling point of flash and they just used raster graphics, which is slightly disappointing for me, and whilst we are here as for now the animation will remain as now, but i would prefer to learn more about meshes and try to make FFD for it dynamically so i could make a bouncing boobs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I don't care much about vector/raster as long as it looks decent.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

I don't care much about vector/raster as long as it looks decent.

You see the difference is in possibility of customization, whilst vector arts allow much of customization with minimal work, than raster allows less customization with more work (I mean check the skin tones in strumpets it's only around five because for each skin tone they need to have another image)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Really? I didn't know that, why can't they change colors of the raster images, do they look off when they do?
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

Really? I didn't know that, why can't they change colors of the raster images, do they look off when they do?
It's not like they can't do that bur it's either affect entire image or certain colors, it's something that i made for rpg maker where sprites was changed based on previous colors, but with image that have shades/lights so more then few colors it would be painful from user/artist to define it, so it easier to make a new ones, or if it affect entire image it is much easier to define than colors but still it's affect parts that we don't want to affect like outlines etc. Of course there seems that exists resolved to just make different images for different parts like layers in svg (vector arts) but to have different image for outline, different for skin color etc. seems also a large amount of work, so most of games that uses raster graphic just go with different images for different colors than making some programming trick. In Svg file i just use css like styles to define colors of elements that have a right classes, so i only need to change one class that has information about fill color for chosen element and set a flag to redraw and i had character with new colors ready, isn't it much faster and easier than trying to do that with raster graphic?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
No idea, I can't say one way or the other never having to mess with it in the first place. It makes sense but there are less artists who know how to do vector art and it prolly takes longer to load (or at least it was what google told me, this "longer to load/calculate" crap screwed me in the past, where people write that "approach 1" is faster than "approach 2" and they are right but in reality the difference is in nano seconds and impossible to notice anyway).

In any case, there seems to be nothing really wrong with the vector approach, so it's all good. Just one thing, you're wrong to think that "vector" can be the highest selling point, even if it translates to the full color specter. Gamers care about decent quality art (mostly this in H-Games), logic and content. I would be amazed if it actually became selling point at all, other than for the potential vector enthusiasts :)

If you can translate vector into better content, it's all great, I am just hoping that it will not be too much of a pain to get artists interested or find decent once who know it well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

No idea, I can't say one way or the other never having to mess with it in the first place. It makes sense but there are less artists who know how to do vector art and it prolly takes longer to load (or at least it was what google told me, this "longer to load/calculate" crap screwed me in the past, where people write that "approach 1" is faster than "approach 2" and they are right but in reality the difference is in nano seconds and impossible to notice anyway).

In any case, there seems to be nothing really wrong with the vector approach, so it's all good. Just one thing, you're wrong to think that "vector" can be the highest selling point, even if it translates to the full color specter. Gamers care about decent quality art (mostly this in H-Games), logic and content. I would be amazed if it actually became selling point at all, other than for the potential vector enthusiasts :)

If you can translate vector into better content, it's all great, I am just hoping that it will not be too much of a pain to get artists interested or find decent once who know it well.

No rather than Vector is being higher selling point, I said that is the highest selling point of flash(other than vector graphic i do not see any good points of flash), since truthfully both of graphics raster and vector have their own selling points so it's hard to tell which is better, but as am i searched for highly customization vector art seems much better than standard raster graphics, at least for 2d games.

Offline dullman

Whilst i'm currently implement the method for having different breast size and other body parts, i wanted to ask what you as a player would prefer, and as a potential modder.
In previous version the different breast sizes was just pre-generate in inkscape and added to db so the game will now that files exists. For modders it's a different that they should be also pre-generate items for those breasts size, but i wrote a little extension which just interpolate between two similar groups of object, so basically it's only needed to create themselves a border frames (Max, Min, and normal state) and the others are easily generated with minimal work from user. The pros is that if it generate not quite right we can manually adjust generated shapes.

As for new one version it works a little different, the user supply only borders frame and game will interpolate shapes between them, the range of slider is between -100(min) to 100(max), but truthfully it's only programming range, it's possible to made it's different or even interpolate farther then border shapes so we could gain larger/smaller breast although in this case we can't be sure of result (especially in a case of smaller ones). For a modder he only need to create at least 3 frames (MAX, MIN, NEUTRAL) with possibility of more, and in future if item should support this morph, modder should also create 3 frames per morph of used body part.

I Hope that you understand me since as you can see english isn't my main language.
And here is the version with newer one body customization.:
https://mega.nz/#!uts30I7D[/size]!MN1_7UmrUaYw8wdq7qLJBs97XcczpIbA3dqz5QA0pQw[/color]

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Perfectly understandable, there should be an option to do both eyes at the same time (unless there is one and I've missed it). Looks perfectly reasonable otherwise, the female sprite is very noticeably jumping from behind the menu to the middle of the screen as you enter new new game screen for the first time, dev version or not, it shouldn't be difficult to get rid of that.

There aren't many (any?) changes from the last version other than coloring body parts. Just the skin, hair and eyes would have been perfect for a dev version imo, more animations/male sprite/world/business logic/basic interface layout (without fancy gui, just seeing the general idea of a layout + logic) would be awesome.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

Perfectly understandable, there should be an option to do both eyes at the same time (unless there is one and I've missed it). Looks perfectly reasonable otherwise, the female sprite is very noticeably jumping from behind the menu to the middle of the screen as you enter new new game screen for the first time, dev version or not, it shouldn't be difficult to get rid of that.

There aren't many (any?) changes from the last version other than coloring body parts. Just the skin, hair and eyes would have been perfect for a dev version imo, more animations/male sprite/world/business logic/basic interface layout (without fancy gui, just seeing the general idea of a layout + logic) would be awesome.

As for jumping sprite it's a simple reason, it's created on runtime, and sometimes with slower start it's visible on the beginning along with window color picker (at least for me). In future i probably just cover it by some random images, similar to starting screen, but it is to be done when i'm done with customization scene which is almost done, but lacking male sprite, few basic clothes/items some with morphs (which i need to create logic for morphing items), and the most important is how to use morphs during runtime, which is one of most important thing that i need to resolve (basically i wanted to have animated eyes that are closing/opens during animations as well few others parts like vagina/mouth), so before you see any gameplay i first needs to resolve those problems, especially creating male sprite will take considerable amount of time.
As for animations they comes along with introduction of proper game scene with map, characters on it etc.

Offline dullman

Now i have done work on male model, so any comments about male are expected by me (especially what do better), do not random a name when male gender is selected since it would crash the game.

https://mega.nz/#!u81DRTbJ!HeSfNOarXTY59FCzpbFco7za1MSxtnTsap9xy87yLOw

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Laggy as hell, incomparable with the last version which ran fine. I am not all that interested in males and this is prolly fine for a start. There are already more than enough options to set character apart from one another.
Like what we're doing?