devolution

Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352298 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »
It is absolutely not normal levels of experience gain. Test it for yourself, just gear up some ladies, turn auto clean brothel on, hit next day, close, next day, close, until about day 30 or so, go through girls list, you'll notice the normal ones and then the absolutely huge experience numbers some girls have.

lvl 228 suzumiya at day 32 has 497/497 (sex, blow, anal,les), 432/432 defence and 392/392 MP. strip, serv, attack, magic, agility are all 5-15 of roughly 400 max.

Profession?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »
whore.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:58 PM »
whore.

Items are behaving strangely... I'll test a few things and try to get to the bottom of this...

Ok... tests seems to reveal that there is a bug in items. I fecking hate that code and want to rewrite it but don't want to further delay @ at the same time. Gonna dig into that in an hour.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:18:08 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
Items are behaving strangely... I'll test a few things and try to get to the bottom of this...

The guard I had that got an enormous amount of xp in one day had no items on.

Whoa, just started a new game for testing, bought all building upgrades, some extra prostitutes.
Noone got any items, I used the celebrity on day one.
Day 27, I have a lvl 369 guard, a lvl 57 guard and a level 9 guard.
Related to building buffs maybe?
Highest level prostitute is 5.

I'm starting to wonder if some of my files are corrupt or something.

*Edit - holy crap http://oi60.tinypic.com/jiml42.jpg
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:35:49 PM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
I am not 100% sure what's happening, for once, every body and maybe other kinds of items effects are being applied to girls (not hero it would seem) twice per day. That in itself is really strange because items are not supposed to modify primary level of stats at all, they don't work that way.

I doubt that your files are corrupted. There might be a multiplication effect somewhere that could be related.

Didn't think building could be involved btw... lets see what happens if I put all girls on the street (I expect the same thing btw.).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
Related to building buffs maybe?

Not to buffs, but definitely to buildings and I think that I know what's happening now :)

Would never look to buildings myself by the way, that's for the tip. You saved me from 3 - 4 evening of digging in code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2014, 05:20:04 PM »
All and all, these bugs should be fixed, experience thing will prolly remain because there was nothing causing experience to increase faster than normal other than constant stat buffs.

If exp still increases uncontrollably fast and we don't find a faulty formula somewhere, I'll reduce exp gains with levels until a proper leveling up concept is created.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:03 AM »
Ah sorry for finding annoying bugs and making you work hard. Maybe I should lay off the bug hunting until you've implemented all the systems you want.
Sync'd and updated.
No error reports so far, only the hard to find kind of bugs you hate.  ;)

Will you be changing the advertising prices to display the real values? Actual cost is - celeb is 5000, flyers 30, magazine 50, billboard 100, girl 150, sign costs 0.
They all say 200. But I think the sign costing 0 is a bug or weird design choice.

Dance course I assume is meant to add to striptease? Only seems to add to joy and disposition, unless I got really unlucky about 10 days in a row, girl only had 21 in strip. Ah, strip appears to be in the XXX course.
Also a girl will not auto-rest if the course gives her max fatigue, and she will continue to take the course and get the bonuses.

Some courses start with -days left and appear to never end.

Intelligence does not show up as a stat on girl screen. Wage is not there either, only market price, work price and upkeep.

Mouse wheel scrolling through girls list is inverted.

Crazy guard xp still there. (I can't see spoiler type tags anywhere.) http://i58.tinypic.com/bfq23c.jpg
She went super saiyajin and I just couldn't afford that level of guarding power.
Perhaps a toggle option in girl control to set allowing them to train or guard and whatever else they do.

Girls still get crazy experience, but don't increase their pro stats like mad anymore.

Strippers don't get enough experience, they only work once a day and get around 30xp at level 1.

Equipped items increase a girls upkeep and I assume, wages.
I assume the system uses stats to equal their cost, it means restricting all girls to one single act for maximum profit. a girl for anal, a girl for lesbian, one for cleaning, one for bartending, using items to lower their other stats.

Hmm, (in finances on girl screen)girls who undertake a course have their education cost called -pytfall, their wage cost listed under Education(empty for slaves), wages field is empty.

Also, sent a slave to a course that costs 30g, her upkeep is usually 350g(she's lvl 70 due to that xp bug), only paid 30g for her that day. Cheapest way to temporarily not pay your girls properly.

I have a level 7 fragile trait guard with 0/82 constitution and 0 AP. Do they need AP to respond to to brothel fights or Arena battles?

Don't suppose you could add in a temp way of recruiting guards. Just for testing things.

Started another fresh one to see xp gain without any building upgrades, items or anything. (except sign advertising... cause it's free)
Xp gets crazy at higher levels, I don't think they should skip 10 levels in one day. Boa went from lvl 31 - 40 in one day. Roughly 10 days later she is level 1500. Strangely enough she only costs 79 in wages.
Why do guards cost so much at high levels? Do different classes rely on different stats for their cost?

My hero has 715.2XP from defending the brothel. And I guess there is no way to lower hero fatigue.

Stuff to possibly think about adding in the distant future

I don't suppose on the daily report screen you could code in a battle/disturbance report. Like the full report/Girl report part.
Also a visible warning somewhere when a girl leaves/attempts suicide, or is really unhappy. If you have a lot of girls there is just too many screens to go through.

An 'auto-rest all girls' button would be nice too, maybe close the brothel for a day or something. Useful if all of your guards are injured/resting.

A way to assign the girls to work on the girls list screen would be nice.

Brothel transfer items between occupants, can we get a profession and job being performed shown in brackets after each girls name(or something similar)? Would make mass buying then giving outfits to each girl type easier.
Or hover over info. I love mouse-hover tooltips.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:35:23 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:40 AM »
Ah sorry for finding annoying bugs and making you work hard. Maybe I should lay off the bug hunting until you've implemented all the systems you want.
Sync'd and updated.
No error reports so far, only the hard to find kind of bugs you hate.  ;)

No, if you have the time, keep at it. I would like to root out as many bugs as possible.

Will you be changing the advertising prices to display the real values? Actual cost is - celeb is 5000, flyers 30, magazine 50, billboard 100, girl 150, sign costs 0.
They all say 200. But I think the sign costing 0 is a bug or weird design choice.

I'll take a look at it. (Flagged as bug) Originally, I planned 6 very simple updates, 6 adverts, 6 dresses and 6 items without pictures because I didn't know how to do any better and there weren't any people helping out. So it was working with old system properly and must have broke down with the new once.

Dance course I assume is meant to add to striptease? Only seems to add to joy and disposition, unless I got really unlucky about 10 days in a row, girl only had 21 in strip. Ah, strip appears to be in the XXX course.
Also a girl will not auto-rest if the course gives her max fatigue, and she will continue to take the course and get the bonuses.

Flagged as two bugs. Courses were designed for the older system, they were recoded two times since BUT never their bonuses have never been updated. Dance was supposed to increase constitution first unless I am mistaken. All courses have two layers of stats that they can increase, first layer throws a higher dice, second layer, lower dice so that one might be a bad balancing issues not really a bug.

Second bug is that courses can only push a girl to a fairly low level of skill since game originally intended for stats not to go above 150 - 200.

Some courses start with -days left and appear to never end.

Intelligence does not show up as a stat on girl screen. Wage is not there either, only market price, work price and upkeep.

Mouse wheel scrolling through girls list is inverted.

]Bug? Weird, CW caught that and I've fixed it... Will take another look.

Don't believe that intelligence is being used anywhere at the moment, there might be couple of other stats that do not show... Not 100% sure about what to do about this one.

Are you sure? Up - Pages+, Down - Pages-. Pages will flip if you go from last to first and first to last.

Crazy guard xp still there. (I can't see spoiler type tags anywhere.) http://i58.tinypic.com/bfq23c.jpg
She went super saiyajin and I just couldn't afford that level of guarding power.
Perhaps a toggle option in girl control to set allowing them to train or guard and whatever else they do.

Girls still get crazy experience, but don't increase their pro stats like mad anymore.

Strippers don't get enough experience, they only work once a day and get around 30xp at level 1.

The guard thing must be the same error as before but coded elsewhere, I'll take a look. They will train if you have an upgrade.

I can dial down the experience gains I guess. But that's a balancing issues so it's to be tackled later.

Noted about the strippers, another balancing thing.

Equipped items increase a girls upkeep and I assume, wages.
I assume the system uses stats to equal their cost, it means restricting all girls to one single act for maximum profit. a girl for anal, a girl for lesbian, one for cleaning, one for bartending, using items to lower their other stats.

Hmm, (in finances on girl screen)girls who undertake a course have their education cost called -pytfall, their wage cost listed under Education(empty for slaves), wages field is empty.

Depends on the items.
Concept for jobs has never been written so there was no intent. Rest is a strategy.

You don't pay them wages if you send them to school. Neither do you if their location is streets but I might change the latter. Slave thing and bad report are flagged.

Also, sent a slave to a course that costs 30g, her upkeep is usually 350g(she's lvl 70 due to that xp bug), only paid 30g for her that day. Cheapest way to temporarily not pay your girls properly.

I have a level 7 fragile trait guard with 0/82 constitution and 0 AP. Do they need AP to respond to to brothel fights or Arena battles?

Don't suppose you could add in a temp way of recruiting guards. Just for testing things.

Normal operations, you don't pay upkeep while they're being educated.

Yes, they require AP for both, you should send them to school, find some items or let go of them. At least until personal training is in.

Started another fresh one to see xp gain without any building upgrades, items or anything. (except sign advertising... cause it's free)
Xp gets crazy at higher levels, I don't think they should skip 10 levels in one day. Boa went from lvl 31 - 40 in one day. Roughly 10 days later she is level 1500. Strangely enough she only costs 79 in wages.
Why do guards cost so much at high levels? Do different classes rely on different stats for their cost?

Go to the city, you will usually find warriors near Arena, start a girlsmeets with one. Press Shift + o to open console and enter: chr.disposition = 1000 then ask her to work for you.

Experience thing is still a bug then... I'll look into it.

Girls wages are not depended on their levels or even their experience but their skills. In the pic you've posted guards are still not only getting an insane experience bonus but are ALSO getting an insane stats increases. That's why they end up costing you so much.

My hero has 715.2XP from defending the brothel. And I guess there is no way to lower hero fatigue.

Console (at any location) (hero.fatigue = 0) or items, currently there is no code to do that.

Stuff to possibly think about adding in the distant future

I don't suppose on the daily report screen you could code in a battle/disturbance report. Like the full report/Girl report part.
Also a visible warning somewhere when a girl leaves/attempts suicide, or is really unhappy. If you have a lot of girls there is just too many screens to go through.

An 'auto-rest all girls' button would be nice too, maybe close the brothel for a day or something. Useful if all of your guards are injured/resting.

A way to assign the girls to work on the girls list screen would be nice.

Brothel transfer items between occupants, can we get a profession and job being performed shown in brackets after each girls name(or something similar)? Would make mass buying then giving outfits to each girl type easier.
Or hover over info. I love mouse-hover tooltips.

Battle disturbance report? It's doable but not really a priority, especially since it's already being reported.

Like a single summary report with all the important events, yeap, that would make sense.

Auto-Rest or just put to Idle?

Makes sense and wouldn't be hard to do.

I'll take a look at the items transfer screen as well, I wanted to implement an equip button there as well. But I want to fix bugs and code something new before I get to it.

// After I read the hover thing, decided to do this tonight if time permits, it should be super simple to have a girl occupation and assigned job displayed in the tooltip.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »
The idea of the sign is to prevent any customers if you don't have it installed. Thus, if brothel is not ready, it may be closed as long as you need. Although, I'm not sure if it's working this way right now, probably not yet.

http://i58.tinypic.com/bfq23c.jpg
Holy sh#t. It's like we have epic levels from some d&d editions, where you can become god-like at high levels  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
The idea of the sign is to prevent any customers if you don't have it installed. Thus, if brothel is not ready, it may be closed as long as you need. Although, I'm not sure if it's working this way right now, probably not yet.

Actually, I think that it works like that already. You do pay for the board, just 200 G when you install it for the first time. After it is installed, you can remove it for free (put in the back of the brothel so to speak) and than restore it whenever you like for 20 G. You are not supposed to pay a daily fee for a sign.

Holy sh#t. It's like we have epic levels from some d&d editions, where you can become god-like at high levels  :D

:o
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »
I can't remember if we have it installed by default in the initial brothel. Because if we don't, and I still have customers from the begining, then it's not working.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
The finance report for each girl seems to indicate that you still pay wages to free girls who are in a course, but not upkeep.
 I just got a free girl stripper via meet girls. She only did XXX course because she 'greatly respects me'. Will you be moving strip to another course?
I did do other courses and the chance for stats seemed fine. Main stats sometimes getting 2 and secondary stats popping up.

Inconsistency - slave market shows sprites for random girls but random pictures for unique girls.

Just trying to confirm the pages of girls inverted bug and bought out the slave market. 'The slave market is empty.' + cannot click anywhere to continue on my way. Not sure if you had fixed that yet.

Confirmed girls list inverted for mouse scrolling. Not for clicking next or previous though, that's fine.

Auto-Rest or just put to Idle?

Auto-rest so they go back to work automatically, or I guess you could have an option for idle too. I guess you could set it to close the brothel for a set amount of days or something.
Maybe with some other minor joy/disposition boost stuff, like pay a certain amount for a trip to the beach/arena/carnival for everyone or something. I dunno, that's just fluff.
The whole idea is not exactly important.

I had it on the whole game, it gave me like 2 fame and rep or something each day. Customers still rocked up too.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
I can't remember if we have it installed by default in the initial brothel. Because if we don't, and I still have customers from the begining, then it's not working.

I initially wanted customers not being a problem, maybe I should dial their number down even more...

The finance report for each girl seems to indicate that you still pay wages to free girls who are in a course, but not upkeep.

Ah I see... well, I did a review of that code not so long ago so it's prolly how I've intended it at that time. We're not working off a concept as previously stated.

I just got a free girl stripper via meet girls. She only did XXX course because she 'greatly respects me'. Will you be moving strip to another course?
I did do other courses and the chance for stats seemed fine. Main stats sometimes getting 2 and secondary stats popping up.

I need to take a look at it, maybe it already is in there somewhere.

Inconsistency - slave market shows sprites for random girls but random pictures for unique girls.

Just trying to confirm the pages of girls inverted bug and bought out the slave market. 'The slave market is empty.' + cannot click anywhere to continue on my way. Not sure if you had fixed that yet.

Not very, they both work off the same method (Like literally the same code for both Unique and Random girls). You're either using crazy WM packs that do not have clean sprites at all or girls that do not have quest tags (Those are used for the SM in the picking viewport). (Open console to fix this until I take care of it)

I fixed the bug where you couldn't exit out of an empty market, didn't know there was a problem with entry as well. "Bug"

Confirmed girls list inverted for mouse scrolling. Not for clicking next or previous though, that's fine.

I scroll up, number of lists is increased, down, it's decreased, I don't know what else to do here... I haven't changed change one line of code since my last push so we're working off the same base.

Auto-rest so they go back to work automatically, or I guess you could have an option for idle too. I guess you could set it to close the brothel for a set amount of days or something.

We'll see, it's not really a priority. Player is not supposed to start off with a Castle anyway.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2014, 11:34:52 AM »
You're either using crazy WM packs that do not have clean sprites at all or girls that do not have quest tags
I am using the strikethrough'd packs in the main download thread, + the updated thing below it... which is 32 kb. I am unaware of any other pytfall(or compatible WM?) packs out there.