Feedback > New Features

catacombs idea

(1/2) > >>

b00marrows:
i came up with an idea this morning, it helps with 2 issues i have with WM currently.
this issue is capturing girls in the catacombs, there is no dificulty to it and its somewhat free...

my idea is to make a minor cost to capturing girls, i have a few difirent ways of doing this.

1. A simple tick box in "brothel setup" selecting whether or not you want catacomb explorers to catch girls/beasts, with a cost to capturing relevent to the dificulty they need example,
Easy: 100 gold (lower tier/random girls)
Medium: 300 gold (mid tier)
Hard: 800-100 gold (high tier/unique girls)
the only issue with this is its somewhat random. and when the tick box is off you get moremoney/items while not capturing girls(possible difirent stats because you kill the monsters?)

2. have an item requirement, with tiers like shown above. the cost of the item depends on the tier and the item, and the girls you can capture get better depending on what one you have, for example:
easy/low tier= 80% of low tier girl 20% of medium
medium/mid tier =20% low, 70% mid and 10% high
high/top tier =20% mid 80% high

what i want to know is how hard would this be to modify? and be serious, dont just say "it will be hard because of the way WM is made"

Xela:

--- Quote from: b00marrows on July 14, 2012, 06:16:21 AM ---what i want to know is how hard would this be to modify? and be serious, dont just say "it will be hard because of the way WM is made"

--- End quote ---

Part one can be done, there is nothing in WM code that prevents or complicates this that I am aware of.

--- Quote from: b00marrows on July 14, 2012, 06:16:21 AM ---i came up with an idea this morning, it helps with 2 issues i have with WM currently.
this issue is capturing girls in the catacombs, there is no dificulty to it and its somewhat free...

my idea is to make a minor cost to capturing girls, i have a few difirent ways of doing this.

1. A simple tick box in "brothel setup" selecting whether or not you want catacomb explorers to catch girls/beasts, with a cost to capturing relevent to the dificulty they need example,
Easy: 100 gold (lower tier/random girls)
Medium: 300 gold (mid tier)
Hard: 800-100 gold (high tier/unique girls)
the only issue with this is its somewhat random. and when the tick box is off you get moremoney/items while not capturing girls(possible difirent stats because you kill the monsters?)

--- End quote ---

the only issue...  ::)

Interesting, who exactly are you suggesting we 'pay' for bettering out chances in finding better girls/items? Goddess of luck and fortune? The idea of exploration is that you never know what you may find or what you could encounter, this is one of the most counter-intuitive ideas for WM I've heard so far.

Anon had similar problems with WM so he introduced 'Levels' to catacombs, the deeper you went in, the stronger monsters became and the better rewards you got. His design was far from perfect but made more sense.

--- Quote from: b00marrows on July 14, 2012, 06:16:21 AM ---2. have an item requirement, with tiers like shown above. the cost of the item depends on the tier and the item, and the girls you can capture get better depending on what one you have, for example:
easy/low tier= 80% of low tier girl 20% of medium
medium/mid tier =20% low, 70% mid and 10% high
high/top tier =20% mid 80% high

--- End quote ---

I didn't understood this part...

akab:

--- Quote from: Xela on July 14, 2012, 06:43:29 AM ---I didn't understood this part...

--- End quote ---

If I understand correctly I believe refers to the level of the object needed (sacrificed) for research.
For example, a gem.
Gem basic level / low level: if successful, it has a 80% to find a girl of low level and 20% to find a girl of average level... and so on.

b00marrows:
i guess i wasen't clear enough.

to put it simply, a battle with a girl is nice, but who says she dosn't run away? what stops the girl from escaping while she is being dragged back by her ankles (altho it dose sound...cool)

it is also putting a cost to gaining girls, via an item! my 3 ideas are net's, handcuff's or ropes. with difirent tiers depending on the girl you capture.

yeah you COULD wrap a girl in rope but who says she wont gain some of her strength back and break out of it and escape? who says she wont cast a spell and escape?

with higher tier handcuffs they could be "enchanted" to stop spells and/or reduce strength? ( i know for a fact there's an item in the game already that dose this!)

higher tier girls are more powerful, so they take higher tier gear to capture. <- simplified

my main reason for this is i hate having to balance a demon god to that of a normal girl JUST BECAUSE SHE HAS A RANDOM CHANCE OF BEING THE FIRST MONSTER CAPTURED... (over exaggerated!)

b00marrows:

--- Quote from: akab on July 14, 2012, 08:46:44 PM ---

If I understand correctly I believe refers to the level of the object needed (sacrificed) for research.
For example, a gem.
Gem basic level / low level: if successful, it has a 80% to find a girl of low level and 20% to find a girl of average level... and so on.

--- End quote ---

almost, higher items allow for higher level girls to be captured. and it dosent have to be sacraficed either, who says a fair of magical handcuffs are going to dissapear somewhere during the capture? why could you not gain the item back after some "training" have been done?

the reason lower tier girls are harder to capture with the higher tier items is beacuse the magical items are dangerous! you could slap a pair of giant, magicaly enchanted handcuffs on any girl but i doubt a weak/frail girl who just lost a fight would live the process...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version