Author Topic: A pair of suggestions  (Read 11824 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: A pair of suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
I'd prefer not, personally. How would the brackets make renaming easier? Maybe we can find another way to do the same thing.

How about something like BDSM__whatever_you_like_after_the_double_underscore.jpg. We don't need numbers in most cases (the exception being the brothel pics) so we could probably set it up so that you could have anything you like there. In fact we do already: LesbianNotANumber.png should get picked up by the game.

So from that, I guess you could do what you want already, although I'd much perfer it if you used a syntax that didn't involved shell metacharacters.

Also, we're going to need to change the naming conventions. Currently the preg pictures are matched on with the pattern "Preg*.j*pg". Which is fine, except that the pattern also matches PregAnal*.jp*g, PregLes*.jp*g and the rest. So all the pregnancy-sex variants are going to wind up being used for pregnant profile pics as well.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 12:22:42 PM »
I know about it, and I thought I put in something that should catch those we want and those we don't after it loads.

edit-- I did put in a working, if inelegant filter to only get the preg images and not the preg sex images.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:32:18 PM by delta224 »

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »
I'd prefer not, personally. How would the brackets make renaming easier? Maybe we can find another way to do the same thing.

I know what he's getting at here.  If you have them numbered with parenthesis, then when creating girls, you can name each pic according to the category as you find them and toss them in the folder.  Windows will rename them CATEGORY(n).jpg for you.  It saves a bit of effort in the end run.  If you have the wildcard searches already, though, it shouldn't be too hard to implement (if you have to do anything at all).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »
It's just a pain for non-windows users trying to manage their files.

Oh well, I expect I can cope. In any event, the game should already support the format.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 01:48:49 PM »
How would that affect Linux users?  It's been a while since I last used Linux, but I don't recall the file management system handling non-alphanumeric characters strangely.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
Depends. If you're an old command line junkie like me, and you prefer to do everything from the shell, then those brackets play hob with things like command line completion.

It's not that important, really.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
Ahh, I see.  I never used Linux much beyond a file server/router and as a platform for programming when I was going for a comp sci degree.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »
I'd rather we left it as is... for consistency sake. However, if you could get the game to check folders for girls, and in each of those folders look for a Profile, Preg, Sex, Anal, folder inside each girl folder and just load all the images in those. I think it'd make things faster for modders anyways. (Perhaps not so much anymore)
Character>GIRL>SEX>01,02,03,04...
I dunno. I think it's fine as is. But this is coming from a guy who hasn't made his own girls.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Balmung60

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »
bah, it works pretty well as is, after all, renaming is the easy part, deciding which images to keep and what to throw out is the hard part more often that not, so it's really not much of an issue on my end when I make girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 05:31:35 AM »
Well, it will already pick up pics where the number is in brackets, and has done for a while now. Subfolders seem like a better way to do it, and I might add that in sometime - probably to work in parallel with the current system, at least to begin with.

Training is going to have to change a bit. If nothing else, I'd like some non-linearity to it. But that's going to wait on getting the money balanced.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:37 AM »
I don't want to sound insulting, but if reason for having pictures naming changed to pic(x).jpg really is just because windows names duplicates that way, that is just laziness. It comes out as "Hmm, I'm lazy to rename them properly so why not make them rewrite the code, that way I don't have to bother renaming them".

There are plenty of (free) rename tools that are really powerful. I use ReNamer when I have bulk of files to rename. But there are others, like Bulk Rename Utility and so on.