Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 165421 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2010, 02:36:49 AM »
I was torn in today's games - I hate the Jets quite a bit, but I hate Indy even more (don't care one way or the other about the Vikings/Saints game).  Since Indy won, I have to cross my fingers and hope the Brees kicks the shit out of Manning in the Superbowl now...
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
Hahaha!  Bears fans...  I hate to say it, but you guys long ago left the "hated" category in my book, and this year got you through "pathetic".  I honestly feel bad for you guys now.  I mean, Lovie Smith?  Matt Forte?  Jay Cutler?!?!  You poor, poor bastards.

I was kinda rooting for the Jets too, but everyone's known who was getting to the Super Bowl this season.  A lot of people tried to forget, but i didn't.  It was Colts/Saints since week six, and the last couple weeks of play notwithstanding nothing ever happened to make me think otherwise.

My hope is for the Saints, but my bet would be the Colts.  Manning is just ridiculous.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
Manning is a whiny little shit who throws his teammates under the bus at the first sign of trouble.  I frikken hate players like that.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2010, 10:10:15 PM »
Perhaps.  But when he's good, he's very, very good.  You can't deny that.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2010, 03:47:45 AM »
Does he have talent and skill?  Yes, but that doesn't mean he's a good player.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2010, 04:16:32 AM »
I despise Peyton Manning - but then, as a Patriots fan I kinda have to.

(And don't gimme that look. I've been a Pats fan since the FIRST time Pete Carroll tried coaching in the NFL, which is why I look forward to his abject failure with glee. I remember back when Pat Patriot was the logo instead of the Flying Elvis head they have now. I'm old-school, I've paid my frickin' dues. ;))

That said... he's a good player. He's a GREAT player. He is not, so far as I can tell, a good PERSON, but his effect on the field can't be denied.

Offline letmein

« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »
My QB rankings put him at the top, followed by Rodgers (because there is NO other QB that could do what he did, while being smashed into the ground every other play), Brees, Favre, and Warner.  After that, it gets murky.  I've always felt Brady is overrated (with his supporting cast - and especially his O line - any halfway decent QB could become awesome), Rivers hasn't quite hit his stride yet, neither has Flacco, and I dare anyone to suggest Romo with a straight face.  Or, even worse, Cutler - he's the twisted love child of McNabb and Favre, with all of their bad points, and under Lovie effing Smith.  Ugh. 

However, as good as Manning is, I think that Rodgers, Rivers, Flacco (and, I know this is heresy, maybe Sanchez) could eventually catch up to him in quality.  Rodgers might do so as early as next year (although three is more likely).
Still lurking.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »
Brady is - or was, pre-injury, we haven't seen him return to form just yet - a superb QB for a certain style of play, which is to say short slant/screen passes and game management. He's never going to be the deep threat that other QBs are, but in the short and midrange he's always had pinpoint accuracy, and you can't credit that entirely to his O-line. Hell, when the Pats won the Super Bowl the first time - the year Brady came in to replace an injured Bledsoe - Bledsoe had the same line and couldn't do squat with it. 'Course, part of that was that Bledsoe 'scrambled' the way a tree sloth would... but he had a cannon arm.

I dunno how high Sanchez' ceiling is but it certainly looks high. Flacco, though? I don't think he's ever gonna get there.

Offline letmein

« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »
I think Flacco's better than, say, Schaub - but, again, he plays on the Ravens, and thus will forever be a merely OK QB.  I also forgot Roethlisberger.

As for Brady, he's by no means a bad QB.  I just don't think he's as the epitome of awesomeness that he was said to be doing the Patriot's heyday.  He's good, not stellar.
Still lurking.

Offline letmein

« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
So, anyway, it's been getting a little quiet around here...   what did everyone think of Hentai High 2?  I thought the new guy did a pretty good job of taking mostly the good from the original, and making it a bit better.  It's not a lot better (yet, anyway), and his presentation leaves a little to be desired (although the original HHS wasn't great either), but all in all I'm just happy to see another person making a go at this sort of game. 

I'm not exactly sure what to call the genre - the HHS, WM, SM, SimBro group.   Perhaps "pooolka-like", since he is directly responsible for so much of it.  My only bugaboo is that no one seems willing to try something completely new (necno being the great exception, of course), but the remakes mostly seem to be upgrades at least.
Still lurking.

Offline Graen

« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
HH2 is alright for what it is... it definitely needs more work, I wouldn't even call it a beta.  I still can't find the website/forum where it's hosted at though.

As for the genre, Ero-Strategy pretty much fits the bill.  And honestly, that genre is the best type of Eroge and it's a shame there aren't as many being made these days by the big publishers.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2010, 04:03:49 AM »
Or Ero-Management.
HH2 looks promising, as all of them do to my eyes.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »
Despite removing the weird and unexplained color system. HH2 is pretty fun, there's not a whole lot there as of yet. and the layout is pretty messy. The whole change makes more sense, but I enjoyed it for what it is. I can't wait for a more developed and fine toned version.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline letmein

« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
I never really minded HHS's system.  Once the bugs are cleaned out, it makes a certain sort of internal sense, and more importantly it is novel.  Even if it's not the greatest setup, it was well worth the attempt.
Still lurking.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2010, 05:18:25 PM »
I like the HH2 concept, but the execution is still very, very early days yet. Still, there's a lot of promise there.