devolution

Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 163569 times)

Offline dougie2

Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
@DocClox

Is Skin Trade still in development?  I was moving files around last night and came across a copy of it on my hd and thought "that was a good idea...I wonder if it's still going."   :)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
I've not given up on the idea, but between coding WM and now having a paying job, it's not been getting a lot of love.

I hope to finish it one day, it's just making the time  :)

Offline Graen

« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
Now I've got to ask... What is "Skin Trade" and where do I find a copy of it?  :D

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #378 on: March 20, 2010, 03:41:33 AM »
so I was was experimenting with photoshop again and tried putting tentacles into a picture.

be honest, what do you guys think?

(also I second what graen said)

Offline Graen

« Reply #379 on: March 20, 2010, 04:20:27 AM »
so I was was experimenting with photoshop again and tried putting tentacles into a picture.
be honest, what do you guys think?
Not bad for bio-luminescent tentacles... though try to keep their thickness consistent.  (Either thick at the origin and tapered down, or a consistent diameter throughout their length.)  You might want to give them an out-line to define them a bit more, especially where they overlap, such as the coil on the girl's arm.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #380 on: March 20, 2010, 11:16:36 AM »

Use a hard brush not a soft one. You can use dodge and burn tools for adding lights and darks. (If you didn't already) Outline isn't a bad idea it'll keep it more consistent with the girl (you may not need it. I'm not sure, I'd have to see it.) If you have access to a tablet try using that. It's a good start... lot of work I imagine.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #381 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13:11 PM »
I thought I had a thread for Skin Trade on here - must have been on the old board. Give me a minute or two... ;)

[edit]

OK, recreated the thread. Skin Trade.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:36:57 PM by DocClox »

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #382 on: March 20, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm back!  Didja miss me?

Did you even notice I was gone?  *sniff, tear*

Got a call from my mom last week: "Surprise!  You're driving us to Florida for a week!"  Driving 1500 miles each way sucks royal ass, but I got a free vacation out of it, so no complaints here  >;o)
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Alugere

« Reply #383 on: March 20, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »
Look at it this way: At least they didn't ask you to drive to Hawaii. That could have been messy.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: March 20, 2010, 08:55:10 PM »
And again, I'll go off topic in off topic thread...

I just watched documentary on Discovery channel called "I was bitten", it's about the people who were bitten by (mostly) poisonous animals. This episode was about snakes, spiders and bees. And I figured something. Most of them are hypocrites, animals I mean. For instance, the guy that was bitten by brown recluse spider while sleeping in his own bed. You're sleeping, little asshole decides to go on adventure and is walking all over you. If you happen to move the way it doesn't like, it bites you and you can loose a whole limb because of it's poison. Then another guy who had snake crawl in his sleeping bag. Of course, it bit him. So you're keeping it warm and cozy, and when it get's bored it bites you as a farewell.

Now, I don't have anything against biting stupid humans who poke their noses where it isn't their business, but as I see it this is the opposite, they poke their noses where it wasn't their business and then felt insulted when they got accidentally touched or shaken. If that isn't hypocritical I don't know what is :P . It's like robber suing the bank because he "had to" shoot the guard :P . I'm all for self defense but this isn't it, this is attack, not defense. Maybe there's something even more sinister here, conspiracy even  ??? .

Offline Graen

« Reply #385 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:20 PM »
I'll have what he's having! ::)

Offline Rose

« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:41 AM »
So you're keeping it warm and cozy, and when it get's bored it bites you as a farewell.

That part kind of reminds me of the story about the scorpion and the frog.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline sgb

« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
It's like robber suing the bank because he "had to" shoot the guard
Techincally, wouldn't it be like the robber suing the bank because the guard shot HIM?  And the sad part is, animals who attack people who were asking for it get killed.  You could kick a pitbull in the face, get rightly mauled by it in retaliation, and somehow it's the pitbull that gets put to death. ???

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2010, 07:19:05 PM »
Well, in the case they showed, guy was just sleeping and that recluse spider went under his bed sheet and got onto his leg. The guy rustled a little and got bitten. It wasn't like spider was in danger. He just didn't like that his "carpet" moved a little. That's why I made that comparison, the robber (spider) wasn't even "shot" at.

As pit bulls go I'm not really a big fan. There are breeds that will go on a killing spree if it hears leaf falling the wrong way :P. Like in the joke, what's that, has four legs, a tail and an arm? Pit bull on child's playground.

Offline letmein

« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2010, 10:40:17 PM »
I think that seven months without a post is quite long enough...

In celebration, zombie thread time!

Love to see that necno's working on something new.  WM could maybe use a bit of polish here and there, but it's substantially a complete game and have been for a while - it's better that he's getting some new creative juices flowing.

Any other news of interest I've missed, here or elsewhere in the naughty-games-verse?
Still lurking.