devolution

Author Topic: A more technical question  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Jasuke

A more technical question
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
I was wandering if there is a possibility of increasing the max number of gangs you can have hired at any point in time?
I mean 8 is kinda low mostly with the low chance of kidnapping and all so I was wandering if it is possible to change it?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: A more technical question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »
I was wandering if there is a possibility of increasing the max number of gangs you can have hired at any point in time?
I mean 8 is kinda low mostly with the low chance of kidnapping and all so I was wandering if it is possible to change it?

Doesn't look like it's possible without heavy modding (I've never tried so I could be wrong) but higher Charisma = Higher chance of kidnapping and you can change the number of StatBoosted gangs available on the first week in config file.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:14:44 AM »
Doesn't look like it's possible without heavy modding

It's an easy mod. The maximum number of hired gangs is only mentioned twice in the code so you can just look for the number 8 in cScreenGangs.cpp. For bonus points you could add this variable to those set in config.xml (probably not that hard).

Note that you should only set it to 24 or above if you have also increased the number of gang names in HiredGangNames

[EDIT] OK, I've just done it. See end of http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=845.30 (N.B. Probably not save compatible with any games you have in progress).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:33:41 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 03:39:58 AM »
It's an easy mod. The maximum number of hired gangs is only mentioned twice in the code so you can just look for the number 8 in cScreenGangs.cpp. For bonus points you could add this variable to those set in config.xml (probably not that hard).

Note that you should only set it to 24 or above if you have also increased the number of gang names in HiredGangNames

[EDIT] OK, I've just done it. See end of http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=845.30 (N.B. Probably not save compatible with any games you have in progress).

LoL, that's what I've meant...

Recompiling = Heavy Mod, Changing a value in config.xml = Light Mod (By now you've obviously redefined that  ??? :D )
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jasuke

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
Yeah...
It doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong since the game won't turn on with this mod... it seems the game won't work with the adjusted screen size and when I turn off the full screen it crashes as it starts

Offline Anon21

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »
Yeah...
It doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong since the game won't turn on with this mod... it seems the game won't work with the adjusted screen size and when I turn off the full screen it crashes as it starts

Are you compiling from the code or using the .exe?

There's some stuff here http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=852.0 that might help if you're trying to compile the code.

Also, could you describe in what way it doesn't work with the adjusted screen size?

Unfortunately there aren't any official developers working on it at the moment and I'm strictly amateur so I might not be much use. All I can say is that it works for me. ^ ^;

Offline Jasuke

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:51:44 PM »
Yeah it still doesn't work
I don't know what to do with the C++ and header files in it

Offline Anon21

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »
Yeah it still doesn't work
I don't know what to do with the C++ and header files in it

If you're using the .exe you don't need to do anything with the C++ and header files.

You do need to put the other files where they should go (inc. the screenmode.txt file)