Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477278 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
Just tested it on a new save and noticed the opposite. It's making their health go up to 100% every time I hit torture. Definitely bugged. Thanks, I'll see about fixing that when I get the chance. I have a good idea of what's causing it.

DarkTl: I forgot all about that, it's not implemented yet but I'll see about making it work the next time I update the client.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »
Just tested it on a new save and noticed the opposite. It's making their health go up to 100% every time I hit torture. Definitely bugged. Thanks, I'll see about fixing that when I get the chance. I have a good idea of what's causing it.

DarkTl: I forgot all about that, it's not implemented yet but I'll see about making it work the next time I update the client.

Could you also add the code that shows respective images after interactions? I really miss that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline RyRain

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
Ok noticed a couple things. One is a bug that I noticed in the main game, that being that anti-pregnancy potions don't actually cost anything (ie. I hit buy and the amount of money I have doesn't go down). Don't know if that's been addressed before.

Another may simply be a mechanics change. Your own interactions (ie, ask her to have sex with you, etc.) don't seem to increase the related skills anymore. I hope this is just a bug. I really liked the idea of the character taking time out to "train" a particular girl, even though the increase was always pretty miniscule.

Edit: Correction, it only happens when you 'ask' (made sure I got the text that she agreed to it). The skills still go up when you go to the dungeon and use force.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:17:55 AM by RyRain »

Offline flobby

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
I only had an autosave and that's gone since I started a new game. Stupid me. -.-

I will just do the same as last time and see if it happens again.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
Another may simply be a mechanics change. Your own interactions (ie, ask her to have sex with you, etc.) don't seem to increase the related skills anymore. I hope this is just a bug. I really liked the idea of the character taking time out to "train" a particular girl, even though the increase was always pretty miniscule.

Edit: Correction, it only happens when you 'ask' (made sure I got the text that she agreed to it). The skills still go up when you go to the dungeon and use force.

Yeah, that's not good :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline RyRain

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »
Don't wanna discourage you future. I really like this mod, and honestly this feels allot more like a game then the original. Allot more small scale interaction, it's actually somewhat challenging even if it does need a little rebalancing, and overall I think it's an improvement.

Don't know exactly how you intended to balanced it, so here's my thought based on where you seem to want to go.. I like that you can't just jump straight to whoring. It seems like it was designed that whoring is the no. 1 income earner, but you have to meet some pre-reqs for it, and basically have a support crew/cover to get everything going. These jobs arn't there so much to make allot of money, but to act as a support structure for what you're really trying to set up. Sending people into the catacombs is the best way to make money early, but carries a certain amount of risk, and will not make as much as whoring later on.

Is this a good summery of your intention? Because if so, I think it's a great way to balance everything and give every job a purpose.

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 01:21:31 PM »
the brothel summary requires some cleaning up

Each turn, there are 5 "Event" in the brothel: the day flavor text, day summary stat, night flavor text, night summary stat, and total customer

merge the day flavor text with the day summary stat into a single column, same for the night.  5 "Event" just clutter up the gui and makes looking for the necessary stat more annoying than needed.  Best case scenario is to merge all 5 "Event" into a single column.  Also, if you plan on keeping multiple "Event" in the brothel summary tab, rename each "Event" into something meaningful like "Day Summary" and "Night Summary"

Why is there a "day" and "night" job?  I know it adds flavor to the game, but gameplay-wise there's no meaningful interaction between a turn with a 2 phase vs 2 turns. There's nothing wrong with non-gameplay flavor... but in this case, the day/night phase job selection interface is annoying.  Best case solution would be to solve the job selection interface, maybe changing it into a dropdown menu from the girl list--although I imagine this requires significant re-coding.  An easier solution would be to split the "Job" column at the bottom into 2 column, a "Day Job" and "Night Job". 

Color coding bad traits would allow players to quickly judge the girl at first glance--making buying or detail viewing much smoother. 

Color coding the jobs the girls are good at or bad at in the job selection interface would help too.

This is all the suggestion/criticism I could think of at this moment.  Good game so far. 

Offline Popuri

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
Hey.

I've been floating around the boards a while, tracking this mod since you announced it. :)  Looks very good so far.

The old ScriptEditor still works, right?  I've been tinkering with a project of my own (adding interaction options to send girls off for specialized training schools.  Spend money to boost specific skills).

Also, my own preference when making girl packs is that for Death I take one of the existing profile pictures and either turn it greyscale or give it an allover red tint. (Though I also only have one profile picture per pack, as I tend to get irritated when artist styles swap on the profiles and it saves HD space <.< )

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
Even if you hire torturer, girls in dungeon always have 100 hp unless they starved or randomly injured. I wounder if this a bug or just nonprofessional torturer  :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:16:27 PM by DarkTl »

Offline alexpn

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »
Got one generic cat girl from catacomb with traits virgin and milf. Looks like bug...

Offline RyRain

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »
Why is there a "day" and "night" job?  I know it adds flavor to the game, but gameplay-wise there's no meaningful interaction between a turn with a 2 phase vs 2 turns. There's nothing wrong with non-gameplay flavor... but in this case, the day/night phase job selection interface is annoying.  Best case solution would be to solve the job selection interface, maybe changing it into a dropdown menu from the girl list--although I imagine this requires significant re-coding.  An easier solution would be to split the "Job" column at the bottom into 2 column, a "Day Job" and "Night Job". 

That's in the base game, not just an EX feature. The point is if you want you can set a girl to rest during one phase and do something else during the other, essentially allowing you to ignore them unless they're doing something dangerous.

Even if you hire torturer, girls in dungeon always have 100 hp unless they starved or randomly injured. I wounder if this a bag or just nonprofessional torturer  :)

Mentioned earlier. Torture is bugged as of this release. He's working on it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »
Mentioned earlier.
Mentioned torture button only, not the job. Just to make sure it won't be missed.

Got one generic cat girl from catacomb with traits virgin and milf. Looks like bug...
I think I met this combination before in original game.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:54:06 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Romanul

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »
Great game/mod so far. :-*

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
I could make a joke here, but I'd be going straight to hell for it.  xD

Offline Popuri

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
Aside from maxing their health, the Torture button also appears (on my game) to increase their Spirit to 100 and Obedience to 0.  Had a girl with Rebel 12 shoot up to 70 when I tortured her.