devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788546 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9780 on: April 05, 2017, 07:01:35 AM »
Can't pull atm, take a look tonight.

I wonder how to show a picture with required tags of random character.
I mean not rchar, but just randomly picked character, no matter if random or unique.

I suppose one way is to select character randomly and then just show required tags via normal means. But methods of accessing chars and rchars are different.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9781 on: April 05, 2017, 07:02:46 AM »
You can always access chars database directly I suppose...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9782 on: April 05, 2017, 12:27:52 PM »
Wow, those rolling dices animations are awesome  :D

Code: [Select]
self.days_depressed = 0This part of char class is probably left from old code? Because I added depression effect not too long ago, and, being an effect, it has its own counter and doesn't need additional ones.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9783 on: April 05, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Prolly before we had flags and auto counter within those flags.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9784 on: April 08, 2017, 06:44:41 AM »
I am getting sort of an anderaline rush from new job setup :D It is by no means perfect but it finally makes perfect sense. Whore Job has been recorded and works again! Gonna see if I can clean it up a bit more and start updating other jobs.

Skills/Stats check methods have not been updated to tiers yet but we'll prolly do that together along with payouts.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9785 on: April 08, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
Oki, before moving forward with jobs, I need to update how we're handling finances. Methods are name oddly, we can prolly just inherit from the class when appropriate.

Edit:
And there are two TODOs that been around there forever:
Code: [Select]
        TODO: This is fairly old, I should be able to do better now.
        TODO: Naming of methods could be better.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:32:31 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9786 on: April 27, 2017, 03:18:44 AM »
PyTFall development is on hold this week. I've been ill for three days and we want to bring out closed demo of Babe Runner before the end of the Month.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9787 on: May 03, 2017, 11:29:14 AM »
Changing from G2f to G3f as it supports facial rigs ( meaning it will be way easier to still use common expression while making it easier to morph the face to look like the character we want ) but doing so.. i need to remake my auto joint correcting blender rigged model use the G3f model..
Once its done it will be easy to explain to you how to use it and help me create new characters..

For the clothing department i found a way to combine MD physics with Daz auto conforming clothing.. so as long as you have a good MD model ( you can simulate the clothing moving like in real life then you can add the morph deltas from Daz in blender to make a Auto conforming clothing with RL physics)

For the Hair i thing i will make them in MD from clothing strings sewed into some hard fabric simulating the hair Cap..

For the BG i finally got my hands on amazing PBR material node to make anything metal or non metal and from them.. have the near if not perfect RL looks.. 
so even if my character are less toon like the BG will be good enough for RL look like ppl..

Once everything is in place ill do some renders to show you the results ( and if everything goes as planned ) it will be way way simpler that i had to do in the past.. or at least enough for more ppl to help out..

And i do Hope Pytfall continues as nothing as well developed currently exists..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9788 on: May 03, 2017, 02:27:42 PM »

Most people around here know very little about 3D Rendering. You'll have to expand on abriviations like G2f, G3f, MD and PBR :)

And i do Hope Pytfall continues as nothing as well developed currently exists..

Absolutely, we'll resume development next week. I've spent a lot of time this week polishing BR and setting up Patreon, YouTube, Discord and Twitter accounts. Official release date is set to 20th of this month, Patreon release of the demo will take place on this Saturday :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9789 on: May 20, 2017, 10:07:59 AM »
We released a demo of another game made by our team meanwhile.

It doesn't mean that we stop working on Pytfall, on the contrary it means that we work on Pytfall and other, more simple games at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:17:10 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9790 on: May 29, 2017, 06:52:24 AM »
We're working on PyTFall again!

- Poison Skill (BE) has been updated for Beta.
- I've resumed working on new SimPy Jobs/Businesses, focusing on StripJob.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9791 on: May 30, 2017, 06:12:59 AM »
After more testings..

I found out that original dynamic clothing (clothing that drapes like in real life) made with MD works as expected.. as for when i apply the body conforming morph on that simulation i have errors.. ( body parts poking thru ) but if i re simulate the morphed clothing all goes well but elastic property ( as its not a clothing made from MD anymore so its lost )

Then again it only shows when bending applies and only on specific items like panty.. so in nearly all the clothing we might create its like 1-3% of them that would need manual fixes if needed and the rest will be fully automated form converting a body shape to another..

Current update status:
1.G3F with all bending joints correction Done...
2.Load any morph made or converted for G3F Done...
3.Load any pose from G3F Done...
4.Facial rig fully operational Done...
5.Reshape the face thru blender moving facial rig bones (may need remodeling if extreme movements) Done...
6.Load any converted clothing from G3F or morphed MD clothing (to match new body shape).. then turn them into dynamic ones (knowing elastic property from MD wont work) Done...
7.Load MD dynamic clothing made from that specific character ( with everything working as it should ) Done...
8.Create hair types in MD for their dynamic simulation to replace hard rigged or pose-able hairs (as they look fake in most cases since they only bend from joints to joints with weight envelopes) while the MD one need less work as they will automatically fall with gravity and will have body and clothing collisions and the natural bending they should have In Progress...
9.Scene elements In Progress...
10. PBR Materials for realistic looks (i still want unrealistic result for character of BG for anime look alike for end results) Done..
11. Volumetrics like fog/steam/smoke In Progress...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:20:00 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9792 on: May 30, 2017, 07:20:01 AM »
Sounds great! And still no explanation on abbreviations :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9793 on: May 30, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »

G3F ( Genesis 3 Female ) base model From Daz Studio
MD (Marvelous designer) to create clothing from pattern you sew and create the dynamic clothing animation
PBR (Physically Based Rendering) to get materials as close as reality.. mostly used for movie production

Here the result without morph ( original with MD elastic )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl728hpsg4o22da/1withoutmorph.avi?dl=0

And with morph to adapt to any shape..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgg1a56hvrakp6v/2brokenelastic.avi?dl=0

Between the 2 i just increased waist width and boobs size.. the most common changes..

Im trying to find another case where when the elastic is removed it might cause a problem..

Edit:
hmm i might still get the elasticity.. i could make the shape a lil smaller then pull parts where they should be.. this way the simulation will still get same shape it should have in the end but with elasticity effect.. im gonna try this one out..   

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:38:47 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9794 on: May 31, 2017, 01:31:16 AM »
Why did you drop previous design(s)? Those were really good as well!

Clothing doesn't really have to be "natural" cause even in a lot of H-Pics we use in PF, artists often do not bother with that...
Like what we're doing?