Author Topic: <-- Archived --> == PyTFall Alpha release ==>  (Read 281740 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: == PyTFall Alpha release ==>
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2016, 05:34:56 AM »
Code: [Select]
hero.gold = 50000
That could work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Cheater

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2016, 05:42:59 AM »
Thanks. that worked.

Is there a code also for MC max stats/points or/and AP to do do more actions per day?

EDIT:
I think I found the stats. hero.(stats) = value

Tried action./_points = value and hero.action./_points = value as well as AP instead of action points and day instead of hero and none worked.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:22:52 AM by Cheater »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »
It's "hero.AP = 10" in the current version. Can't say if it will work in alpha, it was made years ago.

Offline Cheater

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2016, 11:14:02 AM »
Worked, Thank you very much.

I tried hero.ap = 3 before and didn't work, I tried capital AP and works perfectly.

cheers.

Offline Winterz

« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2016, 04:29:32 AM »
Hi Guys n Gals.

Trying to play Alpha45 from the mega download.

AP 3 = painful slow. Can't even fail to flirt with girls.

I have basic notepad ++ knowledge and a bit of html, so basically noob +.

I've turned on the console mode but not sure how to open it or where to enter the code above to get my AP to show 10.

So 2 questions

1) Is there a file edit i can do to make the default 10 action points?
2) Otherwise how do i bring up the console to enter the hero.AP = 10 ?
3) Is there a more playable version with step-by-step instructions for installation? I'll gladly beta and copy fails to the boards and participate.
4) Alternately, is there a better alpha to play ?

Thanks in advance. I was actually trying to dig out whore master but found this and like the UI and concept better.

W

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2016, 10:39:47 AM »
1) Is there a file edit i can do to make the default 10 action points?
2) Otherwise how do i bring up the console to enter the hero.AP = 10 ?
3) Is there a more playable version with step-by-step instructions for installation? I'll gladly beta and copy fails to the boards and participate.
4) Alternately, is there a better alpha to play ?

1) I think you can do something like: hero.baseAP = 8, than you should get about 10 AP each day.
2) You need to find a file called options.rpy, open it using any text editor and change config.developer to True. Console will become available in game through Shift + O.
3) Nope, only dev version that is not setup as a coherent game yet.
4) Nope...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Winterz

« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »
[size=0px]1) I think you can do something like: hero.baseAP = 8, than you should get about 10 AP each day.[/size][/color]

Thanks! What file do i stick that line in?

Regards

W

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

Thanks! What file do i stick that line in?

Regards

W

Console or start.rpy in after_load label with $ sing in-front of it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Winterz

« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2016, 03:33:07 AM »
Hey Guys

I've been swinging a Ceremonial Saber in Alpha for 30ish levels (am now level 41).

I did some snooping and items list shows angelic blade and others available available in location "Forest".

Are these weapons eventually available in Alpha? I keep looking around dark forest where you meet that leprachaun guy, but nothing shows up.

Armor would be nice also, but I think this will sort it out.

How close to needing beta testers are you?

Oh, Also, how do I raise Constitution ? You'd think all this arena fighting would make it go up, but i'm at 70/120 or some such and it never seems to go up?

thanks,
 W
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:35:14 AM by Winterz »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2016, 06:18:44 AM »
Hey Guys

I've been swinging a Ceremonial Saber in Alpha for 30ish levels (am now level 41).

I did some snooping and items list shows angelic blade and others available available in location "Forest".

Are these weapons eventually available in Alpha? I keep looking around dark forest where you meet that leprachaun guy, but nothing shows up.

Armor would be nice also, but I think this will sort it out.

How close to needing beta testers are you?

At least a month till beta testers, maybe more. I don't remember what "Forest" means in that context :( Dark is doing the whole items/content thing, it might be possible to win in the Arena.

Oh, Also, how do I raise Constitution ? You'd think all this arena fighting would make it go up, but i'm at 70/120 or some such and it never seems to go up?

thanks,
 W

Apart from items, very expensive training (near Arena I think) might raise constitution, as well as leveling up.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2016, 07:44:02 AM »
The idea was to add a system of forest exploration, like a dungeon crawler of some kind, possibly first-person. That's what Forest was supposed to mean.

Although it was basically a placeholder, since the exploration system wasn't in proper condition before the alpha release. And now we have another system in mind, something close to scouts system from Neptunia games when you don't do explorations by yourself, but send others.

Starting from beta Angelic Blade and other top weapons will be obtainable via exploration module. In alpha you only can get it via console if you wish to.
It would be
hero.add_item("Angelic Blade")
then if you want you could "pay" for it to feel like you bought it legitimately
hero.gold -= 2500

Offline Sarabada

« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2016, 09:51:01 PM »
FWIW, looking around the Dark Forest (maybe other areas too, I haven't tried) where the Witch is can potentially still get you that stuff if you're lucky. I farmed up three Rings of Luck through the 'Air Raid' chain fight and went exploring for a while over there (quicksave and quickload are your friends here if you're not opposed to it) and managed to find a Spirit Defender, which AFAIK is not available anywhere else in the alpha aside from one really hard chain fight.

At the least, for the Angelic Blade and such, you could still theoretically get them if you can manage to clear the Divine Champions chain fight, but actually clearing that without getting destroyed is another story... I'm level 149 right now and I can't do it yet.

Either way, the top ones to clear are:
Divine Champions:
"reward": {"Angel_gear": 1, "Faerie_gear": 2, "Cons_common": 3}Envoys of the Lust:
"reward": {"Demon_gear": 1, "Faerie_gear": 2, "Sex": 4}Slime Time:
"reward": {"Legendary_gear": 1, "Male_armor": 1, "Cons_common": 6}
With each type of rewards containing:
"id": "Angel_gear",
"items": {"Angelic Blade": 70, "Angelic Bow": 75}
"id": "Faerie_gear",
"items": {"Faerie Gown": 25, "Necklace of Pain Reversal": 30, "Faerie Boots": 50, "Faerie Bracers": 60, "Faerie Cloak": 79, "Spray with Acid": 100}
"id": "Demon_gear",
"items": {"Succubus'Wardress": 10, "Demonic Cloak": 20, "Demonic Blade": 50, "Demonic Bow": 70}
"id": "Legendary_gear",
"items": {"Excalibur": 10, "Scythe of Death": 20, "Devil Arms": 25, "Draconic Leather Armor": 30, "Draconic Leather Boots": 34, "Draconic Leather Gloves": 35, "Rogue's Ring": 40, "Godward Shell": 45, "Mithril Armor": 60, "Mithril Boots": 64, "Mithril Gloves": 65, "Ring of Recklessness": 20, "Rune Staff": 55, "Boots of Mercury": 70, "Starlit Robes": 90, "Spirit-Defender": 100}

I am glad to hear about a potential beta being quite soon, though.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »
Ah yes, the arena was so unbalanced in alpha that people actually made guides how to beat the second wave  :D
I wouldn't be surprised if no one finished the whole arena to get those rewards.

Offline Winterz

« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2016, 08:24:46 AM »
The idea of farming the dark forest at 4 actions per day is bleak.

Somehow I futzed around with things in a previous game, and if I
1) start a new game
2) save my new game
3) load an old save from that previous
4) go to options and load my new game
5) save new game again
6) quit and start again, options, load new game

I end up with 13 AP's. Better for searching the forest, but not by a lot.

I've started playing 4x now, gotten up to 40ish in 1 of them (thanks to arrow keys and enter for arena fights), and end up restarting based on what I have learned.

Survival combat is the best way I can find to raise money, those poor pitiful goblins.
The problem with this is I end up levelling beyond my 3v3 teammates if I do this.
So I'm about to restart number 5 or so new game.

I am frustrated I cannot get the sailor moon pack (other thread) to work (no data file. tried Whoremaster rsx file but it caused crashes).

I am pleased I have figured out how to add other packs from Whoremaster though. Nice to have some familiar faces join me (my Whoremaster girls folder is 6GB).

If anyone else tries WM packs, do it one or a few at a time and check for errors. Nothing is worse than adding 15 packs and getting a renpy error that you don't know how to debug.

If you would rather not save scum to get items, you can always go into the db for the items type and change location from "forest" to "tailor" or whatnot. This sticks it in that shop occasionally when you start a new game.

A final thought which probably belongs in dev cycle or somewhere else : It sounds like you guys are working on a lot of different areas simultaneously.

Why not release a scaled down beta (fewer areas for instance, or features) that we can pound on and give feedback while you work on other features? I am sure someone suggested this already, as a phased beta implementation has several benefits for writers/coders.

Just scale back features to basics and unleash us fiends.

Thank you for all your work. I enjoy having a more hands on approach than in WM.

Sincerely,
 W

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »
There wasn't our own Sailor Moon pack yet when we released the alpha. It was made just recently, and will be available in the next release. I suppose WM pack should work with alpha, if it's still available somewhere.
Even if you make data files for our pack (it's very easy), pictures itself might be incompatible with Alpha because we changed the pictures system at some point.

Also, WM packs will not be supported starting from the next release because at this point they are way too different and don't have some very important categories, like portraits. Naturally, it's possible to convert WM packs if one has some patience, or make them from the scratch. All our packs were made from the scratch btw because most WM packs are very outdated and/or small.

The game is not playable atm, not because some locations are not ready or something like that, but because Xela is in the middle of writing some core modules.