devolution

Author Topic: <-- Arichived --> (TODO List)  (Read 28322 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: TODO: List
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »
- Fix Interactions | Note Darks partner pick request.

Guess it's time to take a look at interactions. This is going to take a while, I'll see if we can borrow something from OW as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
Originally, I was writing this in the general discussion but decided that it would probably go better here:

Ooook, so. I spent a little bit a time going through the girlsmeet files (the label one and the screens one) to get familiar.

I edited/updated 3 files total, but I'm not going to sync it because, 1 I'm not completely sure how and 2 mainly I don't want to mess anything up.

Here are the one's I touched:

classes - support.rpy

pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy

pyt - screens - girlsmeets.rpy

the support one, I only added one line to give myself unlimited AP so whenever you hit 0 it just gives you 99. It's for testing only so I won't bother posting it.
(right under line 269)
if anyone wants to replicate it, it's:
Code: [Select]
                else: (268)
                    renpy.call_screen("pyt_message_screen", message="You have no Action Points left!") (269)
                    hero.AP = 99 #temporary debug to test girl interactions UNLIMITED POWER GO!! (270 <---this one)

the screens one I edited the Disposition text so that it displays the numerical value of disposition and it also shows the hero's current AP
I commented out the original and it's sitting right next to it. So it shouldn't be hard to go back and change it later. (line 163/164)

The biggest one I messed with is the labels girlsmeet. For whatever reason I thought 'Mind Fucked' is a hilarious concept.

I only added mind fucked to kiss hand, kiss forehead, kiss cheek, kiss mouth and sex.

Basically the difference is. You always get to do them, regardless if she likes it or not (you'll always have sex), but that doesn't mean she won't hate you for it.
also, I gave a larger indifference to actions by adding a
$ gm_disp_multiplicator *= 0.1
to simulate how much she does or doesn't care. The changes are the following:

hand: no flat dice bonus, *= 0.1 to multi
forehead: +10 flat dice bonus, *= 0.1 to multi
cheek: +20 flat dice bonus, *=0.2 to multi
mouth: +20 flat dice bonus, *=0.3 to multi

sex: +20 flat dice bonus, *= 0.5 to multi

and the +20 can't take the roll over 100, so no worries there.

If the included isn't needed or whatever, it can be changed later. But at least it's one more thing there, for now.

Let me know if this is a 'Yah' or 'Nah'. I can keep going through a bunch more of these no probs. But for now, it's a good stopping point. I'll check back in tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:58:06 PM by Armegetton »
This could be the end ...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 12:52:18 AM »
That's a very fun idea, I like it. Although, if she is a Nymphomaniac as well, she probably wouldn't care anyway.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 04:34:45 AM »
Mind Fucked and Retarded already works like that in a number of places.

- In order to push you need to create an account on SF and give me your id there. Don't be to fearful of pushing, whatever you break can be rolled back unless you take extraordinary measures to break stuff. That's the whole point of version control.

- I'll throw your girl interactions file into the game but rest of the files are a no go. 1) Shift+o to open the console and hero.AP = 99 does the same thing. 2) If you need something for debugging, it's best to put if config.developer: ... (and preferably a notify()) in so it will not mess with the release version of the game.

===============
I took a look at the changes in mercurial, your add-ons looks great, I'll include them with the next push. If we both work on the same file, I will not be able to do that as it requires a good deal of time so if you're planning to continue to contribute, get a SF account.

+        elif "Mind Fucked" in chr.traits:
+            $g(random.choice(["... <No reaction>", "... <She looks around>", "... *chuu* <She's kisses her own hand>", ".... <Her face is completely unreadable>", "... <Maybe she didn't notice>"]))

choice is now the same as random.choice and there is an even simpler way of:

$ rc("... <No reaction>", "... <She looks around>", "... *chuu* <She's kisses her own hand>", ".... <Her face is completely unreadable>", "... <Maybe she didn't notice>")
That will do the same thing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:06:57 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 07:31:22 AM »
Did the sf thing, sent you pm. that's good about the versions bit, I'm not entirely sure how the system works. but ok.

Haha, look at me being a noob. Totally didn't know about shift+o. And while you say config.developer .... erm, yeah. no clue there. I'll probably leave it.

Ok, question though. Are we never supposed to see the hero's AP during girl meets? Or is the top bar actually supposed to carry over, but isn't?

And yeah, my b about the using the old code. I can go back and change that. I didn't even realize. copy pasta is evil.

actually, while I'm at it. Do you want (me) to just redo everything in that file as $ rc() that would certainly remove all temptation to doing it otherwise.

I'll wait for pushing powers, before I try to mess with anything further so I don't create more unnecessary work.

Also, how does that work, if we both work on the same file, and both push at the same time. do we still have to go back through later and merge the two files?
hrm ...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:41:20 AM by Armegetton »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
Did the sf thing, sent you pm. that's good about the versions bit, I'm not entirely sure how the system works. but ok.

Haha, look at me being a noob. Totally didn't know about shift+o. And while you say config.developer .... erm, yeah. no clue there. I'll probably leave it.

I've just added you. System is easy to figure out. You commit your changes, pull, merge and push. It seems complicated until you've done it once. Worst thing could happen, you'll have to fix a couple of conflicts by choosing you own line or one from the version you've pulled but that's made super easy as well. Mercurial isn't git.

if config.developer:
    # Any code

means that the code will run only of we're developing or testing, normal players will never be effected by it.

Ok, question though. Are we never supposed to see the hero's AP during girl meets? Or is the top bar actually supposed to carry over, but isn't?

And yeah, my b about the using the old code. I can go back and change that. I didn't even realize. copy pasta is evil.

I missed that... we should add it someplace nice I suppose.

Nah, leave it, as long as it works, it's great.

actually, while I'm at it. Do you want (me) to just redo everything in that file as $ rc() that would certainly remove all temptation to doing it otherwise.

I'll wait for pushing powers, before I try to mess with anything further so I don't create more unnecessary work.

Don't, it doesn't matter.

You have them now. Use HG Workbench, it's very intuitive.

Also, how does that work, if we both work on the same file, and both push at the same time. do we still have to go back through later and merge the two files?
hrm ...

We cannot both push "at the same time", server will refuse. If we both edited the same file, whoever pushes second, if there are conflicts that cannot be automatically resolved, you or I (depending on who pushed first) will be asked to fix them. I've pushed your file so you might see how it works.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 09:02:07 AM »
Wowz, so now I find out that my version this entire time was a 108 "working copy" that had no changes at all (until yesterday). wtf?! lol

anyways. that was annoying. All of a sudden I see new features everywhere. *le sigh*

Sometimes I'm just a scrub. yeeesh

p.s. workbench is god. That is all.

Pushed more edits to the interactions. Filled out the generic responses to all kissing interactions.

Did it work? Responses appreciated

More to come later. Today probably. I'll probably mess with the insults next.

I'm interested, but have no idea what actions (attack and drug) are supposed to be/do. Is it just dialogue, or ... ???
Like does attack take you into a battle? Or is it supposed to be a subtly action. Is it a placeholder for something later?

And drugs, item requirements? uses other stats? (luck? agi?) also, for what purpose? ooooh, can we turn the girls into slaves with this?
I would approve.

If I can't do them now, I've got other things to keep myself busy at least.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:20:47 AM by Armegetton »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
I'm interested, but have no idea what actions (attack and drug) are supposed to be/do. Is it just dialogue, or ... ???
Like does attack take you into a battle? Or is it supposed to be a subtly action. Is it a placeholder for something later?

And drugs, item requirements? uses other stats? (luck? agi?) also, for what purpose? ooooh, can we turn the girls into slaves with this?
I would approve.

If I can't do them now, I've got other things to keep myself busy at least.

1) Placeholders.

2) Not yet...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »
Well, until I figure out how to get that other stuff working...

Here's the work I did earlier today. I thought it'd be better if I put it up sooner rather than later so it doesn't fall behind the updates too far.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 02:41:25 AM »
Noooooooooot one to complain, makes my job easier and all but i'm getting the feeling I just lost my job :'(
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »
Noooooooooot one to complain, makes my job easier and all but i'm getting the feeling I just lost my job :'(

Anything new on girlsmeets front? Two people can work on it without an issue, especially with version control. You seem to be disappearing for weeks at a time :)

PS: Not mentioning that there are also interactions that are in a MUCH worse shape than girlsmeets.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »

Woa, slow down, are you doing the girls meet stuff? I could have sworn that xela posted somewhere that we were hurting so I starting throwing things places.

Anything new on girlsmeets front? Two people can work on it without an issue, especially with version control. You seem to be disappearing for weeks at a time :)

PS: Not mentioning that there are also interactions that are in a MUCH worse shape than girlsmeets.

Also, what needs more attention than girlsmeets? are you talking about the interactions with girls that the hero already has? I can always shift my attention elsewhere.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28:15 AM »
Also, what needs more attention than girlsmeets? are you talking about the interactions with girls that the hero already has? I can always shift my attention elsewhere.

I wouldn't say "more". I'd prefer both girlsmeets and interaction have a decent amount of options and choices for @ release... Interactions are in much worse shape so there is more work to be done but it doesn't example make them more urgent, just means that taking care of them will take more time then it will with girlsmeets.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »
Updated the list, prolly will have to be expanded even more but that's all I could think of right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline gyzbug

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:50 PM »
Just and Idea for the arena rewards to maintain or keep active would be a ladder system with a reset monthly or every couple months.  Earn as much as possible during the timeframe then be rewarded at the end, then it resets and starts again.  Maybe even have brackets based on level or fame that are harder but have better rewards.
I just jumped into the deep end and didn't code how to swim first.