Game Discussion > General Discussion & Download

A Brief History of Mundiga, and Background for Crossgate

<< < (5/5)

hewhocumsbynight:
Alrighty:  This is the final state that I'm working towards, the present day state of the world in 3543 AE.  Also, if anybody knows anything about mapmaking software, I'd love you forever if you could create a map of the information below.

Puerto:
-The Puertese Confederation (occupies entirety of non-glacial portion of continent) is the oldest and longest surviving polity.

Vilnis:
-Six archipelagos:  Vater, Min, Philidelphian, Utrecht, Kubo, and Olin.
-Vater is a wasteland.
-Utrecht Archipelago is home to Timothy's Citadel, the last Enclave of Man in Vilnis
-The Philidelphian and Kubo archipelagos are held by bestial elves (Uruk-Hai analogues)
-Min and Olin are completely held by beastmen/Trollocs who war with the elves and men.  Trollocs are always chaotic evil types.  Trollocs are present on every archipelago, except for Kubo.
-The elves and men trade with various Mundigan parties.

Mundiga:
-Seventeen or Eighteen recognized states
-Ongoing war of secession between Kingdom of Bituous and Bishopric of High Clystra
-Cross Gate, Bituous, Tarquin's Shield, and Centralia are the remainder of the core Median Empire territories, and have a loose confederation. 
-Sharpclaw Territorial Lands are north and east of Tarquin's Shield, and east of Centralia
-The Holy Kingdom of Thule occupies northeastern Mundiga, and is centered around the ruins of the old capital of Kam-Chou.  The Church of Ahura, the governing body, was the state religion of pre-Collapse Kam-Chou
-The Governance, a technomagicracy, holds sway over the lands north and west of Cross Gate and Bituous.  Think "CyberPunk Dystopia" crossed with extreme xenophobia.  The Governance is the newest state, carved out by a recently arrived group spit out by a thinny.
-The Free Traders occupy a fringe area around the Governance, and are the main conduit of Governance technology for the outside world.
-The Hive is a massive sentient hivemind located on an island just off the northern shore of Mundiga.  It is notable for being the only polity to engage in trade with the Trollocs.  As such, it is universally despised by everybody else.
-The Low Kingdom has only a small holding in the mountainous north, but controls a vast underground territory composed of legendary tunnels and vaults. 
-The Princedom of Denah holds sway over the desert east of Tarquin's Shield, and has a mutual defense pact with the same.
-Orta Hone-Hone is north of Denah, east of Centralia, and south of the Sharpclaw Territory.  It's home to a species of anthropomorphic felids with a major superiority complex.
-The Shipfolk live on the seas west and north of Mundiga, and control most of the trade between Mundiga and Vilnis.  Are in a state of perpetual war with the Puertese, and never approach Vilnis from the West.
-The Raider Kingdom of Natch is the sole exception to the undifferentiated warzone that is southern and southeastern Mundiga.  Located on the southern coast, the Raider Kingdom is the bastard son of the Kaminese navy and the bestial elves they allied with after the destruction of the imperial capital of Kitchkinet.  Interestingly enough, the capital city of the Raider Kingdom was once a Friedwulfan provincial capital.
-Palma is a fairly recent colony in southern Mundiga.  Located just below the shadow of Tarquin's Wall, the Palmanians control the Isthmus of Mundiga.  The Palmanians are primarily a farming people, but are fervently individualistic.  Palma is the product of a massive exile of abolitionists from Medius.
-The Free City of Tinue is a trading hub located at the geographic center of Mundiga.  One of the few common treaties present continent-wide is a declaration of Tinue as a neutral trade zone.  Due to its multiple non-interference treaties, Tinue is the headquarters of many corporations, caravans, and underworld organizations.

Blights:
-Vilnis is eternally at war with Trolloc Beastmen, without question the worst entities on Mundiga.
-The area south of the Isthmus of Mundiga is Grendalkin territory, and is shunned by all.
-The southeastern area of Mundiga is a constant battleground, populated with various warlords, tribes, clans, and raiding bands, all aided and bankrolled by different powers.

Technology:
-The Governance is far and away ahead of anybody else.  (My inspiration for this group was Neo Seoul, from Cloud Atlas)  They refuse to share anything but the least of their works, and only then with the Free Traders.
-Medius once had a universal electrical grid, powered by magical artifacts that spun power from thunder and heat.  Aside from some of the richer parts in the old Median lands, such as the Lord Mayor's palace in Cross Gate or the Main Garrison of Tarquin's Shield, electricity is almost unheard of.
-Steampower and clockwork are common throughout western Mundiga.
-Magic is embraced as holy, and all forms of technology independent of magic are banned from the Holy Kingdom of Thule.
-The Shipfolk are the only group with access to steel-hulled vessels.
-The Enclave of Man on Utrecht Archipelago holds the last Eldridgan Armaments Factory under its control, and is the only society to use mass production since the Collapse of the Eternal Empires.  This is the secret behind their continued survival.

hewhocumsbynight:
Hello all.
So, after happily encountering my work in the Pytfall academy, I was inspired to put some of my map making chops to work, along with the lovely Azgaar Fantasy Map Creator.  Depending on time constraints, I might try to make more of these.
This is my vision of the Utrecht Archipelago, in the continent of Vilnis.
https://imgur.com/ygAgxGY

DarkTl:
Looks great. We totally can add map to the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version