devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1029800 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1560 on: August 19, 2016, 12:10:17 PM »
I'd like to change my answer!  My least favorite buildings are the Town Hall (what does Influence do, anyway?) and the Jail (which I've never used).
Found a loop hole lol.. didnt really mean them but hey ill answer this anyway.

Influence keeps ur brothel from been raid by the cops.  If ur suspected and have no influence cops might raid u take girls if they are on drugs to jail.. fine u or various other things.

* Potential recruitment of Slave-status girls, possibly other girls who were caught (so Arena, Catacombs, and Free girls could all potentially be found there).
* Reduce suspicion by sending a girl to serve the Constabulary.
* Possible avenue for attacking Rivals without using your gangs?
* Break a girl's spirit by sending her to be used.
Always wanted the jail to be a place that girls could random be put in and u could get if u bailed them out.. but havent got it figured out yet lol.

I'm not sure how to improve the Hospital and Centre, really.  The Hospital is fine as a building, I think, and I usually have a Doctor or two and several Nurses in case someone gets hurt (IE, I beat someone to within an inch of her life in the dungeon and don't feel like throwing one of my fifty healing items at her), it's just ... :shrug:  I don't pay much attention to it.  I've used the Centre's counseling a couple times, and the normal work functions, but ... they do what they're there for, and I'm not sure how to 'improve' them.
Hospital is a hard one for me to think on.  As it does almost everything u could want it to lol.  Surgery is covered for basically everything u could want it to do.

Have it take a certain amount of health off and either give them a temporary trait (Wingless) until they grow back, or have them go to the hospital to have them get their wings healed.  I figure if you're talking the hand-sized fairies, yeah, it would kill them, but if you have them at least child-sized they might survive.  :)
Always thought of them as hand sized at best.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1561 on: August 19, 2016, 12:27:41 PM »
Original devs had plans for a drug lab heres what they where going do.

JOB_VIRASPLANTFUCKER = ;    // not added yet    // the plants need to inseminate with other humanoids to proper-gate, creates vira blood items
JOB_SHROUDGROWER     = ;    // not added yet    // They require lots of care, and may explode. Produces shroud mushroom item.
JOB_FAIRYDUSTER      = ;    // not added yet    // captures and pounds faries to dust, produces fairy dust item

For those who have problems reading that ill explain
Vira blood is a plant that needs to mate with humanoids and they off spring is a hard shelled seed and the sap is the drug.
shroud is a mushroom that u need to grow.. seems it can explode
fairy dust is made from fairy wings.  the descriptions say captures and pounds faries to dust lol

My plan is something along these lines but was 6 jobs not 3
fairy catcher  catches the fairy
fairy grinder  grinds them up into usable drug
shroud grow  grows the mushroom
shroud refiner  makes the mushroom into a good drug
vira plant fucker... or the girl who gets fucked and will birth the seed
vira plan refiner.  refines the seed to the drug

I may be going over board with it.  Could do just 4. the grower catcher and fucker.. then one job to refine them all.

Will need a dealer also of course.  But thoughts 6 to many?  if so would 3 or 4 be better?
Starting to think 4 might be good but feedback is welcome.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1562 on: August 19, 2016, 01:19:19 PM »
Found a loop hole lol..
:P

Always wanted the jail to be a place that girls could random be put in and u could get if u bailed them out.. but havent got it figured out yet lol.
Maybe have it be sort of like the Market, there's always (at least) one girl in jail for [Reason], and every so often (based on turn count?) there's a guaranteed unique girl?

Most are, but some are bigger; Touhou fairies, for example, are variably sized, from 'fit in the palm of your hand' to child-sized ... except for the exceptions in visual media, as I believe Lily White has, as well as the Fairy Maids.  Characters who are arguably fairies - like Leafa from SAO - can be taller as well.  But :shrug: - it depends on the world, after all.

I may be going over board with it.  Could do just 4. the grower catcher and fucker.. then one job to refine them all.
That seems the best; have the refiner/alchemist just handle all three instead of a separate job for each.

Offline DarkArk

« Reply #1563 on: August 19, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
It's great to see you working on this again.

Favorite building is the arena. I like having girls fight, and potentially get inseminated. Refining the content for it would be great. I agree with removing the hold tryouts button. Let people earn arena girls.

Least favorite is probably the film studio, just because I never use it. It seems to have way too many jobs to fill.

In that case, I'd say 4 jobs is more than enough. The game has quite a bit of micromanagement as it is.

Couple of questions:

Would you be willing to add a couple more image types? I'd like to add some like for branding and giving birth to human/monster. I have a list if you want. If not how easy is it for a middling modder to do so?

Also would you consider refining the human-not human birthing system? I would really like it if you could set within a girl/random girl's .txt what kind of girls she could give birth too. Might also allow certain non-random girls to give birth to specific non-random girls.

My original idea for this was that monster girls should only ever give birth to their own breed of monster girl. But then subvert it somewhat, like kitsune's don't give birth to other kitsune because it's a human mating with them, so they get weaker fox girls instead.

Just an idea.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:20:53 PM by DarkArk »

Offline zafer

« Reply #1564 on: August 20, 2016, 01:31:21 AM »
Could add a fairy trait easy enough.  But I always felt fairy dust was made from the wings of fairys... So that means u cut there wings off and then grind it up to make so figure that kills them lol.  Wouldn't want that for girls u want to keep.  But we can always discuss this further and come up with a plan.
Well that is what the item description says but that could always be changed.
Maybe a new drug that is a weaker version is extracted/harvested/collected without killing them? The weaker version could be called Pixie Dust.

Also I'm fine with killing (random) girls to get fairy dust from them because I'm a bad person. It would just have to be enough to make it worthwhile.

What can be done to make it better?
I'm really into the management part (most games I play are strategy games) and besides the recruitment job the house doesn't really offer anything else for helping me become more powerful.

Personally I like to think they can change from fairy-size to human-size at will like in the movies Hook and Legend.
This also helps since you are kind of limited in the images you get. So this explains why you can have an image of them getting fucked by a Q-tip and another buy a human.

JOB_FAIRYDUSTER      = ;    // not added yet    // captures and pounds faries to dust, produces fairy dust item

My first though was to just change that to "pounds the dust out of the fairies" and have fairies put off a cloud of dust when they orgasm. I'd imagine that would cause a lot of chaos in your brothel though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:50:54 AM by zafer »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1565 on: August 21, 2016, 12:09:54 PM »
Been sick most of the weekend didn't get enough done.  But good news only work 3 days this week so plan to get some coding done.  Got a few things done or started.. (will have to test them)

Old lady thing in xxx entertainment should be fixed so only ugly ones will get that line.
Girls over the age of 50 should now lose 1-4 beauty for every birthday after 50
Auto breeding for milk job is in.
House cook should now effect the happiness of all house girls.. bad cook will make them unhappy good one should make them happy
Arena fight girl has the new lines dmotrl gave.
fixed the movie maker screen so it should be easier to see the quality of scenes.
puppy girl scenes should be fixed now.

More has been done I'm sure but fuck if i remember right now.... Really should keep better notes lol.  Honestly all i need is my roommates computer to build the game and fix any problems I have made to do a release but that has been a pain to get so far. But hey longer it takes is more will be in the patch.  So sorry didn't get it out this weekend but hopefully soon.

Offline Baal

« Reply #1566 on: August 21, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »
Been sick most of the weekend didn't get enough done.  But good news only work 3 days this week so plan to get some coding done.  Got a few things done or started.. (will have to test them)

Old lady thing in xxx entertainment should be fixed so only ugly ones will get that line.
Auto breeding for milk job is in.
House cook should now effect the happiness of all house girls.. bad cook will make them unhappy good one should make them happy
Arena fight girl has the new lines dmotrl gave.
fixed the movie maker screen so it should be easier to see the quality of scenes.
puppy girl scenes should be fixed now.

More has been done I'm sure but fuck if i remember right now.... Really should keep better notes lol.  Honestly all i need is my roommates computer to build the game and fix any problems I have made to do a release but that has been a pain to get so far. But hey longer it takes is more will be in the patch.  So sorry didn't get it out this weekend but hopefully soon.

That sucks but I hope you feel better now, and I was pretty excited for the sanity stuff but the movie screen being fixed helps a ton so I can't complain. Autopreg is just a good quality of life thing but I'm quite glad to have it now just need for beast to be able to make a girl lactate or improve lactation. Nice to see the new house cook give some benefits. Keep us updated, and thanks for continuing to work on it.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #1567 on: August 21, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »

Just a little thing - IMO this should not apply to girls with elf, nonhuman, construct and daemon traits.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1568 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:46 AM »
Just a little thing - IMO this should not apply to girls with elf, nonhuman, construct and daemon traits.
Good point also th unknow age girls will have to not lose it also. This will require some testing but I still think its a good thing to have

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1569 on: August 22, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »
*Checks list of Species Traits*
Any of the Undead traits
Goddess/Fallen Goddess
Angel
Succubus
^
These shouldn't have age-related penalties, either.

Arguably Shapeshifter (any Beauty lost 'naturally' can be taken care of by application of power)
Battery-Operated?
Half-Construct?
^
Maybe these shouldn't have it?

I'm not sure about 'Not Human,' since it's just such a broad category ... it might just be easier to create an 'Immortal' or 'Unaging' trait that eliminates the aging penalty instead of trying to work through which species should and should not have it.

Offline Rfpnj

« Reply #1570 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »
I agree that an "Unaging" or "Immortal" trait is the best why to do this. Text would be something along these lines "This Girl has reached her final staqe of development and will not get physically any older" so that we could have Loli and the eventual Shoti workers that would not age.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1571 on: August 23, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »
This age thing is going require some more thought...

Got a rough film Dominatrix job in.  Needs some text and such but it should work.
Fixed a few bugs that no one had noticed.

Thought I had was maybe adding more customer types.. right now its only humans (guys and girls) but this is crossgate whos to say an ogre or a catperson or something couldn't show up looking for sex.. just a thought for now.

I feel like between work and driving home i forget half the ideas i had that I wanted to look at lol.  Had a few things that I thought was like yeah that will be cool.. Forgot them all lol.

Offline bsin

« Reply #1572 on: August 23, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »
 ??? :) ;D <  MRW hit 'SVN Update' and lot of new files came

working on some own stuff but can contrib. Likely to wait until patch is complete and code stable unless asked for  specifics.

BTW, diffmerge tool in VS helps a LOT with merging many small changes
tool is in %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.x\Common\IDE\vsDiffMerge.exe

to run on local files (without source control) see this guide - turned endless hours tedious code comparison into 20 mins of choosing merge or ignore

Offline Baal

« Reply #1573 on: August 23, 2016, 09:23:15 PM »

working on some own stuff but can contrib. Likely to wait until patch is complete and code stable unless asked for  specifics.

BTW, diffmerge tool in VS helps a LOT with merging many small changes
tool is in %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.x\Common\IDE\vsDiffMerge.exe

to run on local files (without source control) see this guide - turned endless hours tedious code comparison into 20 mins of choosing merge or ignore

Hey glad to see you here! Can't wait to try the changes in the new update!

Offline crazy

« Reply #1574 on: August 23, 2016, 10:18:59 PM »

working on some own stuff but can contrib. Likely to wait until patch is complete and code stable
I have ur text changes merged into cGirls I'm just cleaning it up some. Other changes u made like sanity will be next patch. So unless ur working on cGirls I think u should be good to go. Unless I ducked something up I didn't notice lol