devolution

Author Topic: Aevojoey - Please get back....  (Read 6929 times)

Offline HuiBui

Aevojoey - Please get back....
« on: April 23, 2017, 06:58:33 AM »
I'm still missing you with your outstanding support for these game.

Offline skriveavis

Re: Aevojoey - Please get back....
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
I still check in several times a week hoping for a surprise update

Offline Jaxter

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »
Ditto

Offline crazy

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:43:38 PM »
Joey is a lot like me we both code when we have the spare time and the desire to code. He will be back when he has the time to actually code.

Offline Jaxter

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:02:49 PM »
Unpaid labor happens when unpaid labor happens. I'm just trying to show support.

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 09:14:42 PM »
Joey is a lot like me we both code when we have the spare time and the desire to code. He will be back when he has the time to actually code.

Ditto, since i'm working odd jobs now, I barely have time to make girlpacks.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 12:53:42 AM »
i really need to finish mine then ya know get some content out there so no one gets impatient.... but i have work too

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
Yeah, i'm trying so hard to get back to my unfinished packs but....IT'S HARD.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 03:10:21 AM »
Likewise, my computer went bang 8 months ago, and it's just been one thing after another so I still don't have it back...
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 01:50:43 AM »
HI all, I am still alive but I have been working full time and have not had the energy to code anything for a long time.

A little recap from the last 10 months or so:

I guess the last time I was on here was in late January.
I had gone back to work after the xmas/new years break and my boss was riding me hard with making his website and I was always drained at the end of the day.
I was working too hard and not making much money so I kind of got jaded and just gave up on things.

In May I finally quit.
The week before Memorial Day (around the 21st), I had a sore throat and could barely talk so he decided to have me call customers.
As the week progressed, I got worse and so did he.
On Thursday, I asked E. if we would be open on Monday (Memorial Day) and he said no.
Friday when I came in he was yelling at everyone and said everyone had to work Saturday and Monday or don't come in at all. (I didn't usually work weekends)
When he went up front to yell at everyone else (I worked in the back), I packed my stuff and took my stuff back to my car.
When I went back for the last of my stuff, I placed my key on the counter and told E. I quit.
After a few minutes of E. trying to intimidate me to not quit, I told him I would be back for my final paycheck the next week.

The next week I went in for my check and after about half an hour of pretending to be nice about not wanting to pay me the full amount, he started making the check.
In January he started withholding 2 weeks pay but gave me a $50/week raise.
When he made the check, he made it for 2 weeks at the December pay rate instead of the May pay rate.
After trying to get him to pay me the full $700 he owed me, and calling my accountant asking her what the rules for pay withholding was, he got nasty.
He refused to give me a check that day and told me he would mail it to me.
Again he got aggressive and tried to intimidate me, but I didn't even flinch. (I know E. too well)
If there had not been a display case between us and me standing 2 feet away from it, he probably would have tried to grab or hit me. He was PISSED.
A few days later, I got the check in the mail for $600. I cashed it and got on with my life.

As a side note, there were several other reasons I quit:

I wouldn't lie to customers for him. If he wanted to tell them something that wasn't true, he could lie himself.

We sold a company 2 mini computer to use to watch their security cameras on 2 wall mounted monitors and they were supposed to come with cordless keyboard and mouse combos.
At first we just installed security cameras for them but they wanted to see them too.
I installed the computers but the keyboard did not ship with it so I used a wired keyboard and mouse temporarily.
When the wireless came in, he wrote up another ticket wanting me to collect another $45 each for them.
After several times reminding E. that we told them several times that they would be included, he showed me the first receipt that only said "keyboard and mouse included" Wireless was not on the page.
I went there and installed the wireless and gave them the ticket. I told them I knew we had told them wireless was included but my boss wanted to charge them for it anyway.
That was a few days before I quit.

There were other reasons but I can't think of any at the moment.

I took 2 month off and just played games and watched netflix a lot.
While I was relaxing, a few customers called me when E. didn't return their calls.

In July, the people I installed the computers for, one of the cameras stopped working.
They called me and said E. had not returned any of their calls for two weeks and asked if I could come and see if I could see why it wasn't working.
I got there and did all the tests I could but the problem seemed to be the camera itself.
I told them they would have to have E. replace it because it was still under warranty.
When I told them I was taking a long vacation, they offered me a job doing IT and video editing for them. (That is what I have been doing since.)
When E.'s crew showed up to replace the camera, I was working there and was the liaison for the company :p
The crew liked me and told me the place was not the same without me ;)
I was at the bottom of the ladder when E. pulled in the lot.
He didn't even get out of the car but called the guy on the ladder and was probably bitching him out and telling him not to listen to me.
The owner wanted the camera aimed 45deg to the right but it did not get moved from where it had been.
After he got off the ladder the installer told me without words that he was ORDERED to leave and not talk to me.

E. has called me a couple of times since talking in a super friendly voice to ask me things about the products HE sells.

So for the past 5 months, I have been working in a nonhostile, stress free environment and I feel a ton better.
I have been playing several other games and have thought about starting back up here but never had the energy.
I got a new laptop that is much better than my old one but I have not installed visual studio or code::blocks on it yet.
I want to remake the game from scratch with multi-monitor and multi-threading as the base and later add the old game stuff on top of it.
My laptop can add 3 additional monitors to it so a 4 screen setup will be intense.
I have also been playing around with blender to add 3d buildings and maps.

Lots of hopes and dreams but not much energy to make them happen.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 03:54:38 PM »
Wow sounds like you have had a lot to get off your chest! But ah yes, the douchebag boss,  side effect of all those self-help books directed at corporate managers.

This place has been dead for quite a bit, but that doesn't mean it necessarily have stay this way. There are many people who are still interested in this game. By the way, now that you're back, has there been any discussion about setting up a patreon page?

Offline Lord

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 02:17:19 AM »
I honestly don't mind the wait. I check in every few weeks to see what Kyubey has made but otherwise that's it. If there's a new update, cool. If not, there's plenty to the game to have fun with as is and I rarely ever have problems with the current content.
"He urged me to go away, and said that I shouldn't return until I was... "younger and female", were his words, I believe."

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 06:36:31 AM »
Hi Aevojoey,

Welcome back.

Great news and definitely the best news for(since) weeks to read a lifesign from your side.

Refill your energy and get into coding again.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »
Wow sounds like you have had a lot to get off your chest! But ah yes, the douchebag boss,  side effect of all those self-help books directed at corporate managers.
He is a narcissistic sociopath.
I really feel bad for his girlfriend though, the entire business is in her name so if he gets sued, he can skip town and leave it all on her.

This place has been dead for quite a bit, but that doesn't mean it necessarily have stay this way. There are many people who are still interested in this game. By the way, now that you're back, has there been any discussion about setting up a patreon page?
I have been playing a few games on patreon and have considered supporting some of them but I have not created an account for it yet.
I just created a patreon account: https://www.patreon.com/aevojoey/

Great news and definitely the best news for(since) weeks to read a lifesign from your side.
Refill your energy and get into coding again.
My energy bar is slowly filling up :)
I have downloaded visual studio and code::blocks on my new laptop but haven't installed them yet.
I may just pull out my old laptop and look over the code on that before moving to my new laptop.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:23:57 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline jimbobiii

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »
Glad to hear you're doing better. Feeling as if you're trapped into any toxic relationship, personal or professional, is always a nightmare, and it's good to see that you've made a successful escape. I hope you're not feeling pressured into jumping back into WM, though.