Author Topic: Whore Master 1.30.0 alpha r416  (Read 67864 times)

Offline LordJerle

Re: Whore Master 1.30.0 alpha r372
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 02:14:10 AM »
>.> I see the whole girl on girl combat thing isn't in there anymore... was that scrapped?  I liked the idea of that feature too :(

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 04:12:53 AM »
It was crashing much earlier because the movie job girls are very recent, but it wasn't being caused by those.  I got rid of any girls that had duplicates and sold or killed the ones I didn't want.  It's still crashing and I'm too new dealing with code that I don't have the slightest idea where to start looking.
Hmm. OK, I loaded it again and tested it a bit more, and it seems like maybe the dungeon is somehow getting overloaded with the huge influx you have each week. I'll note it down to investigate further and fix.

>.> I see the whole girl on girl combat thing isn't in there anymore... was that scrapped?  I liked the idea of that feature too :(
What do you mean?

Offline Zeus

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 04:41:27 AM »
he mean the "Area" ... uhm... had to search through here to show what he means... but im too lazy XD

just found a Pic:  
from the cJobs Thread in the Dev Discuss Section...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:44:30 AM by Zeus »
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 05:14:44 AM »
The Arena has never been coded into the game so far, if that's what he's talking about. Can't get rid of it if it never existed, right?  ::)
Almost no jobs beyond the ones you see available now have any code whatsoever available, other than the Movie jobs, but those of course don't work right now.

As for that Building Management screen, it's in the current game. It doesn't do anything for you now other than spend your money on nonfunctional room layouts. The only way to get to it is Shift+u ("U") shortcut on your keyboard. Again though, don't save your game after buying room layouts there unless you just have no better use for your money. They do nothing yet but cost money.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 05:43:54 AM »
are there more interesting Short cuts? (i think... the game is getting big enough for a own Manual.....)
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 06:03:50 AM »
Don't think so. That's just a hotkey so it didn't get in the way of the game while I was working on the layout.

Offline Ledah

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »
sorry for break discussion but
WoW Zeus where you found this type of wm???

i wanna play in it too))))

Offline Zeus

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »
its just a picture of a Planning screen you can open with SHIFT+U

but, just as Dagoth said after my post with the Picture, this thing didn't work and is just Waste of Money....

(i hope it will be soon implented ... please? ^^=

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »
Let's get the current build stable first, I think.

Two reasons for this. First of all, it stands to introduce a lot of new bugs: everywhere where room count is accessed, for instance will need to change. So will the way the game works out if a girl can do business, and how well it works out. There's bound to be cases get missed out, and it'll be easier to fix them if everything else is pretty much working.

Second reason is I'd like to get the Lua scripting just a tad more polished, so we can look at using that to implement the room details.

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
with this build r372 I have had it crash at loading a new game. The only difference I made was that I created my own list of items to use with the game and replaced the included list with mine. once I went back to the original list the game worked again. this was annoying me so I went back to the last alpha build so I could have my personal creations back.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 01:25:06 PM »
any diagnostics in the gamelog? it shouldn't crash without giving you a line number for the file.

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »
Gangs; why even have gangs if the girls can do the same thing? Gangs seem designed as the combat side of the organization which is cool.  Except, the girls clearly have combat stats; already raiding the catacombs and providing security. It seems that converting all of the gang jobs will only subordinate a minor mechanic into the core mechanics.

Switching over to an all girl job set standardizes the rules set (say a gang job group), makes the combat/magic stats more valuable and hopefully works to reduce complexity especially as more feature creep sets in.  Having your girls do everything also leads to neat potential effects like capturing other teams girls, bailing out those who get caught on the job, and rescuing those captured by the other side.  This is also all on the more personal level of a specific character.   

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »
Gangs; why even have gangs if the girls can do the same thing? Gangs seem designed as the combat side of the organization which is cool.  Except, the girls clearly have combat stats; already raiding the catacombs and providing security. It seems that converting all of the gang jobs will only subordinate a minor mechanic into the core mechanics. 

I figured when girls entered the catacombs or did things gangs do, they'd just lead the gang. Their combat/magic stat could increase over-all gang success by a percentage. Same as Guarding with Security. Just set the particular girl to a specific gang. One girl per gang.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 08:25:27 AM »
It was crashing much earlier because the movie job girls are very recent, but it wasn't being caused by those.  I got rid of any girls that had duplicates and sold or killed the ones I didn't want.  It's still crashing and I'm too new dealing with code that I don't have the slightest idea where to start looking.
It appears to have been getting stuck due to Incorporeal girls fighting; since they can't be hurt, the fight would end up just going on forever. I've updated the girl fight code to call fights a draw after 1000 attacks either way instead of just going on indefinitely.

That'll be in the next release.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 09:55:09 AM »
Ah, ok Dagoth.  I was wondering what those fights in the gamelog file were since I didn't see them happening in the game or in the command line when I clicked the next week button.  Why do the girls fight were we can't see them? Just wondering what idea got you guys to implement that and make it pretty much invisible unless you open a file?