Author Topic: Off-Topic:  (Read 163420 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Off-Topic:
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 06:11:55 AM »
It's OK. Not an absolute must-see, but worth watching if you're up for an cop thriller with some S/F elements.

In many ways it reminds me of Heroes, except without the super-powers obviously. If that sounds fun, you'll probably have a good time watching it.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 10:18:56 AM »
Hey what character packs do you guys normally use when you arent play testing
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline letmein

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 12:46:42 AM »
I've been using all of exodia's and EE's packs, along with the random girl expansion by (I think) sgb.  I haven't tried any others yet - I haven't had time to play lately, and I'm kind of just biding time until the next release.  This one isn't exactly unplayable, but its annoying enough that I've chosen to spend my insufficient free time on other, equally unproductive, endeavors.  Like Mythbusters...  I love that show, since I can do nothing for three hours straight and still feel like it was a good use of my time, since I learned something.  Even better, I generally learned something that involves explosives, fire, large fast-moving objects, or something equally dangerous to the health of myself and everyone around me.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 12:55:53 AM »
Can I just say that having the f*****g Flu f*****g sucks the sweat of a dead donkey's balls?

And the f*****g doctor won't f*****g give me f*****g Tamiflu because they're "reserving it for H1N1 patients."  That's a giant, festering pile of bullshit right there.  I was tempted to tell the doctor to go suck a bag of c**ks when he gave me that line, but I hadn't quite developed the symptom where my internal foul language censor shuts down.

[/rant]

This message has been edited due to language.  My f*****g internal censor is f*****g offline until I get over the f*****g Flu.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:57:44 AM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 01:23:38 AM »
Hey, there's worse things out there.  The flu isn't so bad - it knocks you down for a couple days, and then you're peachy.  It's actually better than a large test, in that regard - you normally are knocked out for more than a couple days on a serious exam, and you aren't done with the pain even after you've taken it...  you still have to see the *grade*...
Still lurking.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »
Well, tamiflu is a vaccine, so it wouldn't do anything to help if you already have flu, it's preventive measure. Also, depending of what type of vaccine it exactly is it could even make things worse since your organism is already affected by flu :).

Offline hewhoispale

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 09:14:44 AM »
Trying to get a vaccine after having already got sick is like getting a flak vest after being shot.
Sure, it'll help for next time, but it ain't going to do squat for the current situation.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
Tamiflu is not a vaccine, it's an antiviral treatment.  It helps prevent the virus from spreading, but it's only effective within the first 24-48 hours.  Those who take it usually get better faster than those who don't - and the frakking doctors wouldn't let me have any  >.<
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »
There is a herbal product called Echinacea that studies have shown to reduce the severity of colds and flus and reduce the amount of time your by on average 2 days. Its very good stuff and best taken on the onset (first signs) of sickness.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
hate to point it out but the old sweat-baths also works wonders for combatting the vira
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline letmein

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:58 AM »
So, saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight...  best concert I've ever seen.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 01:18:20 AM »
You lucky son of a bitch!  >;o)

I am so frikken jealous...grrrrrr...  >;o)

Offline letmein

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »
Oh, yeah...  it was absolutely stellar.  Best part:  the noseblood section tickets were only $30, with a perfectly decent (if far-away) view, and the concert lasted three hours.  Ten bucks an hour for a concert just blew my mind...
Still lurking.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
Oh, yeah...  it was absolutely stellar.  Best part:  the noseblood section tickets were only $30, with a perfectly decent (if far-away) view, and the concert lasted three hours.  Ten bucks an hour for a concert just blew my mind...

Pic or didn't happen =o
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline letmein

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »
I should've taken pictures, but all I had was my phone - and remember, I was way up in the boonies.  They would've been crappy to begin with.
Still lurking.