Author Topic: New version of my HHS remake  (Read 51813 times)

Offline Hedonismbot

New version of my HHS remake
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
Hopefully a few of you remember me, and remember Hentai High School (the original).  There have been a few remakes in the past year or two, so it might be tough to remember which is which.  I'm the guy that's mostly sticking to the original design.  At least moreso than most of the other versions.  If you have never heard of Pooolka or the original HHS, you are a bad person, but you should still try this game out.

Anyhow, I've put up a new version, 0.3.

It brings the old colored orbs back in as a form of currency.  You can buy a handful of effects and classes and whatnot with your build up orbs.  I've expanded all sorts of old content, including a new class of visit events, and a new place to visit.  Should be a decent hour or two of content if you really want it.  Lemme know what you all think.

Links:
Megaupload: DEAD
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8qbnq1b1596j0c
4Shared: http://www.4shared.com/rar/0vAsoQat/HentHighSchool_0-4-0.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:23:10 PM by Hedonismbot »

Offline juroh

Re: New version of my HHS remake
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »
Not bad, like the orbs in the new version, but I am really getting annoyed by the year limit.  Half the time I can't make headway due to teacher strikes or something severely limiting my budget.  Should have an option to remove the 20 year limit and just leave it open (expecially since compared to other versions of HHS, 20 years with 4 actions a year is only 80 actions compared to three times that in other version or more).  The randomness of the game in addition to the limited amount of actions is a real detriment to being able to even corrupt the students within the time limit.

Offline drake

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
open the save file in notepad, etc and change the first line to 21 (it is the year you last saved), it only checks if year==20 so if you change to year >20 you have no time limit :)

Offline bullet360

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
great game! looking forward to newer versions :D

Offline Greatnate

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »
A lot of cool new content, but the window that shows the stats isn't opening.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Offline juroh

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 01:29:34 AM »
open the save file in notepad, etc and change the first line to 21 (it is the year you last saved), it only checks if year==20 so if you change to year >20 you have no time limit :)

Thank you very much drake :D

Offline ShadowMage

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40:24 AM »
Nice to see that you're still working on it Hedonismbot  :)

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
The save file is still an open format, and if you want extra stuff, it shouldn't be too tough to figure out what to change.  I'm planning on keeping it open for the next version (to help debugging), but ultimately it will end up encrypted.  Much like how the images are now.

.Net is kinda lame about how it spawns windows.  For some reason it does it wrong sometimes.  A lot of people have found that the stat window spawns underneath the main window.  If you move the main window around a little, hopefully you will see it.  I've put some effort into a framework for new GUIs in this version.  The next version will have a selection of which GUI you want.  Either the current, classic-flavored one, or a new, full-screenable, no popup version.  Should be a solution for people who have to deal with .Net inconsistency.

I am still working on it.  Just not as regularly as I'd like.  My other projects take a lot more attention, and this is my low-priority game.  Still, it's a lot of fun, and just starting to get into a shape I like.  This version gives a decent amount of control as to what stat gets what, but the next will be far better for it.  That's my main beef with the game so far.  You get a lot of stats, pretty much all at the same time, homogeneously.  Once I add policies, you will be able to trade one stat for another, and they won't all move up the exact same anymore.  Should make the game more interesting, and foster different play styles.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »
Decent game, I remember it well, but it gets boring after a few plays but I'll give the new version a try for sure.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
Decent game, I remember it well, but it gets boring after a few plays but I'll give the new version a try for sure.

I think it's fun to run through once with the year limitation turned off. Once you've been at 100 of all stats for a while you run out of new events ;-)

Offline Iskhiaro

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »
Great stuff, hedonismbot :) Your version appears to be taking shape faster than the others. I hope to see a new version again soon :D

Offline bullet360

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »
hope there comes soon a new version^^

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 09:52:54 PM »
Just updated the links to 0.3.1.  The new version changes a few balances, fixes a bug or two, and corrects many typos.  There are also a lot more events for the baths when you have low corruption levels.

Offline randomone

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 04:13:15 AM »
Just updated the links to 0.3.1.  The new version changes a few balances, fixes a bug or two, and corrects many typos.  There are also a lot more events for the baths when you have low corruption levels.

Thanks for the great game. Do you have an official web site/blog?

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »
I don't.  I would do something like that, or get into the big HentHigh group site (henthighchool.com), but my development schedule would make either look weird.  I do two other games, both higher priority.  That's why I disappear for months at a time.  If I had a blog or something, it'd be a flurry of activity three times a year, then months of terrible, terrible silence.