Author Topic: New version of my HHS remake  (Read 51811 times)

Offline Hedonismbot

Re: New version of my HHS remake
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »
Updated links to 0.3.2.  This fixes more stuff, adds more baths images, and makes the price quotes much more reasonable when you've purchased the 'smart accounting'.

Offline frosteeze

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 03:42:18 AM »
Updated links to 0.3.2.  This fixes more stuff, adds more baths images, and makes the price quotes much more reasonable when you've purchased the 'smart accounting'.
Very nice, keep up the good work.

Offline Razor75

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »
I have a dual monitor setup and the second window absolutely refuses to open for me.  Not sure which version of .net I have, I need to look for it.  Any ideas?

Edit:  .net is version 4.
Edit2:  If you turn off the second display or do duplicate displays it works.  Only with extended displays do you have a problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:49:40 PM by Razor75 »

Offline Razor75

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 09:52:22 PM »
The following events have no pictures.

The bath event with the Popsicle girl shows no picture.
The gym event where it mentions girls playing on a different side of the gym from boys but they don't mind you watching.

Other issues:
Teachers get options for focusing on areas they are already 100 at.  Perhaps you can put in a check for that
The option to lower inhibition after you get it to 40 says that it will lower it to 60.  I imagine it should say 20 or 0.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:13:45 PM by Razor75 »

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 05:51:04 PM »
Fixed both events with missing pictures.  I really do appreciate when people let me know about these.  It's always a minor typo in the image name from my end.

I've heard the inhibition cap thing before, but I can't replicate it.  Every time I do it, the readout is correct.  I'll keep an eye out for it on my playthroughs.

I let you specialize once you've hit 100 because that's probably the easiest path to color orbs.  There is a pretty good probability of getting the orb associated with that stat when you focus on something that's already at 100.

Offline Razor75

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 03:28:31 AM »
Fixed both events with missing pictures.  I really do appreciate when people let me know about these.  It's always a minor typo in the image name from my end.

I've heard the inhibition cap thing before, but I can't replicate it.  Every time I do it, the readout is correct.  I'll keep an eye out for it on my playthroughs.

I let you specialize once you've hit 100 because that's probably the easiest path to color orbs.  There is a pretty good probability of getting the orb associated with that stat when you focus on something that's already at 100.

Any ideas on the display issues with the second window?

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 03:57:11 AM »

I find that later on, it really breaks the flow of the game when you have more then 3 or 4 teachers and all of them demand you make a choice.

I'd like an option to let the game itself to just pick one or the other based on what the lower stat is and allow you to just keep going forward.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 02:01:26 AM »
I've had a few people comment on the tedium with the teachers.  I'm planning a new GUI for the next version, and I'll try to add a little checkbox that lets you just skip all the text, and pick a random thing to focus on.

Also, I've updated the links to 0.3.3.  It finishes the baths events, makes the 'Show Budget' button a little nicer to use, and cleans up some of the stat coloring.  It should be the last version until 0.4, unless there is some big bug to work on.

Offline Razor75

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
If you update the GUI to just one window it should fix the problem I am having with 2 monitors.  I am looking forward to it.

Offline brokensky

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
I have a weird issue where when you take an action like "public exams" with high int. you get text saying you did well but your stats decrease as if you'd failed. Also even when buildings are maxed out you still lose stats (rather than them growing) at the end of each year.

Other than that great work! A great remake to a great game.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
The strange stat drop thing is a miscommunication issue.  It almost always happens at the start of the year, but can occasionally happen later.  The idea is this:  There are hard caps on certain stats, like reputation.  Rep can be no higher than the average of your academic stats.  Often, you lose some academic stat at the end of the year.  Now your reputation is higher than it should be.  The next time you SHOULD gain some, you instead lose it to go down to your new cap.  This sort of thing will be made much more clear in the new interface if I can help it.

The other huge cause is end of year stuff.  At the end of the year, you get new students, and they are not up to the quality your school is used to.  This drags down various stats.  The amounts drained get worse as time goes by.  That is usually why it looks like you are losing stats to buildings.  The buildings are actually fighting the stat drain, just not enough to get an overall increase.

Offline moretech

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »
awesome game, but I have a sugestion that you might, or might not want to implement, at the moment, when you go to the gym or pool, a lot of the time its stuff that would happen in a dressing room, causing you to lose stats ( when caught ) when you just want to raise your stats, I suggest making a "dressing room" option to go spy/visit, then people can go to the pool or gym without being accussed of peeping ( like it would be in real life ) therefor, wouldn't lose any stats.

its up to you to add that or not, as for the game, I prefer your version over the "newer" version hhs+ from those other people ( possibly due to their version not being finished and barely anything you can do except for when you created your own story line / events )

thanks

Offline bullet360

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »
i think that would be a good idea. a"you wanna peep,bro?" option, would make it easier, or lets say, not soo hard to get those reputation points.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 05:22:14 PM »
I've suffered a pretty bad data loss, which wiped out all my progress on v0.4.  Fortunately, I did back up my code at the end of 0.3.  This means, while it'll be quite late, I can still provide future versions.  Since v0.4 is going to take a while, I'm uploading it in parts.  Normally I wouldn't do this, and won't in the future, but it seems reasonable in this case.

The new version (0.4.0) adds only one thing: policies.  They are settings that allow you to swap between stats every year.  A good example is the dress code policy.  If you set it to require conservative dress at all time, the less-hot students will be happy, raising morale.  On the other hand, it will increase inhibition for obvious reasons.  If you have a lax dress code, students won't be quite as happy on average, but it'll make them much more likely to show off the goods.

A little later I will be adding in 'extreme' settings for some of the policies, which will need to be purchased with orbs.  For the next release, I'll be adding new 'frequent' events.  You may have seen them in the 0.3 version.  When you have level 2 of a building, sometimes you will get a long-text event with stat change and sometimes an orb.  These are the 'frequent' rarity class.  In 0.3, they only occurred at low sexuality levels.  I'm going to be adding more for the medium sexuality levels in 0.4.  First up will be Around School events and Classroom events.  Hopefully should be able to upgrade to that soon.

Let me know what you think.

Offline bermuda3

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your data loss. Wanted to say thank you for your work. I can't wait to dig into this one :)