devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3816741 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #555 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »
Jeez, looks like I have to delete those damn backgrounds by myself after all.
Well, to be honest, I had a premonition about that. My Naruto packs are completely ready. Maybe a couple of tweaks with traits though.

I'll see what I can do with those lines from artificial girl after I'll finish with Persona adaptation and background c**p.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:29:35 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #556 on: March 14, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
I'm really, really sorry, but I have nothing. Nothing at all.

And I'm not working on it now either, I left that a while ago because I just wasn't able to do it. I was under impression that you know about that, but now I see that I stupidly deleted the file where I was saying that... My fault, again, I'm sorry.

I would love to help but... honestly, better to not count on me with anything right now. I've got a lot of school work to do and I also have an annoying toothache that prevents me from concentrating.... so now I was doing only the simplest stuff, like girl images (and even that was going slowly - NGE girl pack is only about 75% done and I barely touch my remaining share of work on Naruto)

Ok, then I'll take a look at what you have in your db folder and see what I can make of it. Try pouring propolis extract (usually dissolved in alcohol) on base of the aching tooth, may hurt like hell for a short while but pain will go away after a couple of repeats..
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #557 on: March 14, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »
Jeez, looks like I have to delete those damn backgrounds by myself after all.
Well, to be honest, I had a premonition about that. My Naruto packs are completely ready. Maybe a couple of tweaks with traits though.
It's still ok, I don't plan to stop working on images. It's just because I was doing some other girls first (and did stuck with that for longer then I expected) that I don't have Naruto girls done yet.  But I can leave that and do it as soon as possible, it's no problem.

If you want the pics you send me back with just background removed, I upload them right away (done), but that's was not my target. I'm trying make the expression pngs for like-visual-novel scenes and for that I need a little more time and I may or make not use these. I only have Shizune from Naruto girls completed at this very moment, but I upload her now so you can decide if your are willing to wait a bit more for me to do the rest.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:20:35 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #558 on: March 15, 2013, 06:00:28 AM »
I only have Shizune from Naruto girls completed at this very moment, but I upload her now so you can decide if your are willing to wait a bit more for me to do the rest.
Wow, excellent work. I'll put backgroundless pics you uploaded to girls folders in case if Xela will need them for testing, but I definitely will wait for other "novel" sprites.

I know, you want to create Aeris by yourself, but maybe I'll create other packs you going to make, while you take care of backgrounds and sprites?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:12:22 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #559 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Thanks, I would gladly continue doing that. I suggest it like this: The girl currently needs only (not 100% sure now, but it was like this in older versions) a battle sprite and one quest pic to work, so if you send me any of these, I'll always try to do it right away to make the girl usable fast.
The "novel" sprites are on the other hand just optional and also more time consuming (but It's like my personal interest to have these, so I want to them the best I could, no matter how infective this effort may look from game development standpoint). If you will agree, I would like doing them more or less in time of my own initiative (but only with your permission for the girl of course) without you waiting for them, because I just can't promise that I can always keep up or feel like creating them soon.

About the girl packs, now I have all of the required images on my HD for NGE and Sailor Moon girls, they are still mostly unsorted, but I'm working on them bit by bit. Also, there is a lot of possible "picture event" images within them, so maybe I will try to write some of these. This, together with sprites, is sure enough for me now, considering the limited time I will probably have in next few weeks, so feel free to start making anything else you want.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #560 on: March 15, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »
Well, best way is to take it one day at a time. I cannot code on daily bases either, not even on every weekend. I am trying to get more help for text writing but nothing very promising so far.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »
a battle sprite and one quest pic to work, so if you send me any of these, I'll always try to do it right away to make the girl usable fast.
Alright, I'll continue to send them. While I'm able to quickly and neatly delete simple (i.e. homogeneous and contrasty enough) backgrounds by myself with the help of paint.net standard tools, I have problems with more complex backgrounds. Images often become messy and with blurred contour.

If you will agree, I would like doing them more or less in time of my own initiative (but only with your permission for the girl of course)
Ok, feel free to make them when you have time. Use your own judgment, not every girl has good pics for novel sprites after all.

Offline topher500

« Reply #562 on: March 16, 2013, 02:50:57 PM »
where can i get this game at?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #563 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:06 AM »
where can i get this game at?

Well, this being a development thread, hopefully somewhere in the future :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #564 on: March 21, 2013, 05:48:20 AM »
Xela, the project is still alive? It's been awhile since the last update or even meaningful post.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #565 on: March 21, 2013, 06:01:30 AM »
Xela, the project is still alive? It's been awhile since the last update or even meaningful post.

Yeah, I've been busy with rl stuff so I am just checking in to kill bots right now. I am planning to do some work on guarding job (that cannot really be a job in the same sense as others but intercepts during bar/club/whore) and improving the interface. I've also recruited a couple of writers so we'll see if they can come up with a couple of decent new places in the city and NPCs to go with those.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
Can that origin string in data.xml you talked about contain spaces?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:36:55 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »
Can that origin string in data.xml you talked about contain spaces?

Yeap, since it will be used as a string.
Like what we're doing?

Offline jpoe45

« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »
what kind of writing do you need?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #569 on: April 07, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »
Ok, so next week, if time allows I am resuming coding for the project. I wrote some code already for guard job but now I look back it at, it is to messy, long and results are to simplistic :( so I will work on rewriting that as first priority.

As I've said before, I've recruited three writers on Futanari Palace and SimBro forums but after we spent couple of hours sending messages back and forth and decided exactly on what content they will work on, not ONE :D of them submitted anything...

what kind of writing do you need?

We need places, colorful NPC's, job texts, event texts, events and so on, I cannot repeat myself all the time.
Like what we're doing?