Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3789392 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: PyTFall Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
I see. So this "occupation" thing is basically like character class in some rpg. I guess available traits will be different too.

Yeap, nice comparison! Very likely for traits to be different. Each girl will have a list of traits that are blocked, either by game requirements or by girl pack creators (option inside .xml file).

Then you'll need some kind of flag to forbid change of profession for such characters into prostitute.

Shouldn't be to hard...
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
I implemented the Customer class: see patch_customers.py in my dropbox folder. You can either replace your pyt - classes.rpy file, or you can do the following: The contents of patch_customers.py should be appended to the Brothel class, the client line in the whore method should be replaced and the old Customer class should be deleted. It worked flawlessly for me in 2.0.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:30:09 PM by rudistoned »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:14 PM »
I implemented the Customer class: see patch_customers.py in my dropbox folder. You can either replace your pyt - classes.rpy file, or you can do the following: The contents of patch_customers.py should be appended to the Brothel class, the client line in the whore method should be replaced and the old Customer class should be deleted. It worked flawlessly for me in 2.0.

Perfect! I left some comments inside the file as well, I'll throw that in my dev version.

I am off to bed (2 am).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2013, 09:44:57 AM »
Advanced interaction night asked me to write for him is added to dev version along with a new girl (Tenten) and pics CW has gathered.

I didn't understand what you wanted me to do exactly in a couple of places, but I've added a new battle scenario, example of a menu without jumps (setting flags instead) for 2 and 3 choices, if/elif/else condition block you're asked for, explained how to change backgrounds and hide screens and how to go back to girlsinteraction screen without having to jump labels. The whole thing is really low on texts, the point was to explain as much of new tricks as possible so you can do more with your scripts.

Feel free to ask questions if you did not understand something.

PS: New Costumer class is also in there :)

Edit: I am not sure on what to do next, roadmap points to advanced logic and traits so that will probably be it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:52:43 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline OverHao

« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
ok updates on graphics side:

I'm almost finished layouts for screens available in the version of the game that I have in my folder
[size=78%](you can write an updated list of all current game screens?)[/size]

after all the layouts was confirmed I star some mood boards (collage of pictures to get the atmosphere and feel of the graphics in general)

then step to the real graphics

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »
ok updates on graphics side:

I'm almost finished layouts for screens available in the version of the game that I have in my folder
[size=78%](you can write an updated list of all current game screens?)[/size]

after all the layouts was confirmed I star some mood boards (collage of pictures to get the atmosphere and feel of the graphics in general)

then step to the real graphics

Good Job!

I've responded in .txt file in your folder already, it's all good basically, but we need to find a place in girlmanagement+list combo for filters and do all equipment screen last.

I forgot to add to the file that girlmanagement+list screen will have to hold a lot more data than it does now... it has to be addressed is some fashion, we can prolly improve upon it as we move forward, it shouldn't be hard if screens are built out of small elements like frames, bars, boxes...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:23:45 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline OverHao

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
I think about it a little bit and see what comes out  ;)

Offline GonDra

« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
Worked a bit on the girlinteractions and dropped my changes into a folder with my username into the dropbox.
There is a text file in there with the specific things I changed.
Will take a look at the the girlinteractions again if I don't get distracted later, maybe I will polish them a bit, they are awfully thin and same sounding at the moment.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
Worked a bit on the girlinteractions and dropped my changes into a folder with my username into the dropbox.
There is a text file in there with the specific things I changed.
Will take a look at the the girlinteractions again if I don't get distracted later, maybe I will polish them a bit, they are awfully thin and same sounding at the moment.

Agreed, I think best approach is to start slow with the basics and then add to it. There is a LOT of room to improve those, not only in area of texts and events but also in area of rewards, one of the main things these interactions are supposed to modify is disposition. Maybe also other similar stats in the future. Right now that is missing completely. Also slave vs free behavior is absent, but it's like I've said, babysteps... :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
Didn't manage to get much done since last time but I added two more Traits to my doc.
If you have any ideas/comments regarding new traits or the ones in the doc don't hesitate to add a comment to it.

Can you drop a copy of that into dropbox? I cannot get access to file.

Question:

What do we want from traits? I am working on loading traits into the game from .xml file.
So far traits have:
id = Name
desc = description
mod stat = stat modifier
max stat = max stat modifier
min stat = min stat modifier
blocks = to set trait blocks, for example small breasts should block huge boobs permanently since a change such a descriptor would ruin pictures (huge boobs for Sakura or Rukia for example or small breasts for Tsunade)
effects = sets effect flags (for example, if we ever add pregnancy, sterile would be an effect flag)

What else?

All 'active' trait effects will be hardcoded into the game during acts (jobs).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:11:13 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
Sorry, renamed something in that folder and it seems to have screwed up the link for some reason.
Anyway dropped the traits into my folder.

edited because I didn't check my shit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:12:58 PM by GonDra »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Sorry, renamed something in that folder and it seems to have screwed up the link for some reason.
Anyway dropped the traits into my folder.

edited because I didn't check my shit.

Thanks, traits are going a lot better and faster than expected. I'll prolly finish the whole system if I have a couple of hours free tomorrow (without content), borrowing bupkis from Alkion this time as Traits system their seems unnecessary complicated.

I am out for tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2013, 03:32:58 AM »
What else?
Maybe available occupations? Or some kind of "temporary" flag for non-permanent traits, like small scars which eventually will heal themselves in a few days (if you going to use 'em).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:29 AM »
Or some kind of "temporary" flag for non-permanent traits, like small scars which eventually will heal themselves in a few days (if you going to use 'em).

Good call. This has potential!

Maybe available occupations?

I still haven't though of an occupation that would block a trait. I doubt that we need something this advanced, it would be bothersome to add every occupation to every trait in the game. Maybe instead it would be simpler to remove traits during a girl switching for one occupation to the next?
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2013, 08:24:11 AM »
Alright guys, I was thinking about what I could tackle next codewise. What system would really make the game better at this point?

Xela, you mentioned a mission system. I take it the girlsmeet encounters you are working on are something different. Are missions quests? Or randomly generated short- to mid-term goals for the player? Or something else?

The "exploration engine" sounds even more interesting to me, but given Xela's plans they are scheduled for far later in the process, so it's probably to early to work on that.

So, team, what do you think I should do? Please remember I'm really bad at creating content, I would much rather create systems that make it easy/easier/possible for you to add content.