Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788158 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2013, 11:18:14 AM »
I see. What if we set min mp to 10, does girl will be able to cast spells with cost <= 10 infinitely?
And with min health set to 10 will she become immortal?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »
I see. What if we set min mp to 10, does girl will be able to cast spells with cost <= 10 infinitely?
And with min health set to 10 will she become immortal?

It depends, battle engine has it's own system, the moment battle engages data is relayed there and all normal parameters of sGirl class are no longer valid. Basically that means that min health is not applicable in battle scenarios. Same thing for MP. In PyTFall  itself, no code exists to cast spells at the moment so it will depend on how we code it. I really like the idea of a truly powerful spellcaster to be able to cast simple spells indefinitely even if low on mp so if I ever code spells into girl's class mp just might work that way.

Girls do not die if health reaches 0, they simply cannot work or train right now. I'll add interactions block soon as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Damn.. what the hell happened to OverHao again? He keeps disappearing and we need a graphics designer...

I'll try to finish schools this weekend, but it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of decent screens already...

Can anyone make or just find on the net a couple of good looking frames that would fit PyTFall's wood+metal style? Size doesn't matter, RenPy will take care of that...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:50:30 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
Almost 3a.m. but coding this was a lot of fun! Feels great taking a break from mindnumbingly cold and boring advanced logic  and code something new :)

In any case, this is what I managed with our graphical designer M.I.A:

Pics for courses are randomly chosen from a variety of images that Dark and CW hunted down on the net. Those pics are also buttons that send your girl to do the course. There is still some logic and testing left but I'll try to wrap it up tomorrow.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:35 AM »
Looks good. One thing, in the bottom row you cannot clearly see days left string.
I'll see what I can do about frames.

Another question, how Fatigue works? If I increase its max, does girl actually become hardier?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:47 AM »
Another question, how Fatigue works? If I increase its max, does girl actually become hardier?

They are just to tired to work or train. What do you mean by hardier? Fatigue is how tired they get so you cannot overwork them.

Looks good. One thing, in the bottom row you cannot clearly see days left string.
I'll see what I can do about frames.?

Both of those are viewports and there are 20 courses there I've generated for testing. You just have to scroll up or down.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38:21 AM »
For now max Fatigue is 300. If some trait will set it to 400, girl will be able to work until its current value becomes 400, not 300 as it was before?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:22 AM »
For now max Fatigue is 300. If some trait will set it to 400, girl will be able to work until its current value becomes 400, not 300 as it was before?

Not really, but it IS supposed to work that way. I'll make sure it works like that in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2013, 07:29:20 AM »
Alright, I've updated traits and refreshed most of their effects on jobs in corresponding file.
I've also found some wooden pics. Since "frame" is rather indistinct word, you probably should explain me what do you need them for if you don't like those.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
Alright, I've updated traits and refreshed most of their effects on jobs in corresponding file.
I've also found some wooden pics. Since "frame" is rather indistinct word, you probably should explain me what do you need them for if you don't like those.

Thanks you! Frames are also very good. If you run across more, keep collecting but I definitely now have more options. I am busy right now but I'll try to write some code later in the evening.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:53:53 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »

Since you found us a very good amount of decent frames: I cooked up a simple message screen, we can now put out warnings. All interaction with all other screen elements is disabled until Ok button is clicked. This screen is reusable and will come very handy in many places!:

===============================================
Oki, done coding for tonight...

@Dev Team

DropBox version has been updated to 0.26. Prolly new bugs and imbalances but game has matured (just take my work on it) :) It was a nice distraction to work on schools for a while but advanced logic for jobs is not going to write and balance itself, so that's what I am planning to work on next week (and prolly week afterwards since time next week is gonna be limited).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:59:34 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2013, 03:31:50 PM »
Looks like things are going smoothly. I'd love to fool around with this, since WM is getting repetitive. Early Alpha/Beta when?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »
Looks like things are going smoothly. I'd love to fool around with this, since WM is getting repetitive. Early Alpha/Beta when?

Early Alpha = One month or one and a half month if CW manages to take care of girlsmeets.

Beta = Three, maybe four month.

It's difficult to say, now that CW and Dark are helping in full throttle, it may get done sooner.

If you want to fool around: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43556362/SimBro%20PytFall-0.26-win.rar
(still being uploaded as I write this)

Keep in mind that this is still a 200mb+ download and you cannot really play this yet due to unbalanced jobs, stats, unfinished screens, bugs and some things that are still left half-implemented. So it's just for what you've said: Fooling around :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »
Quote from: PyTom
This is a bug in Ren'Py, since a change in bar value should cause an interaction restart.

I just committed a fix, which will be in the next 6.15 pre-release.

Great news, I wasn't doing anything wrong, bar will be fixed in the upcoming update of RenPy! This was literally the only thing in PyTFall I couldn't crack so far (I actually wanted to code an entire bar from scratch because of this :D)

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #374 on: February 25, 2013, 03:30:25 AM »
I'm bored, so I thought about writing texts for Rest depending on traits. You know, Nerd reading a book, Nymphomaniac having some fun with herself and so on. Any objections or notes?